Feedback on New Microtransactions

-The mystery box content looks very cool to me but I won't be buying them now, but rather when they hit the shops because I don't like the gambling aspect that, even though duplicates are not possible, still remains in the spirit of the boxes.

-The supporter packs don't look interesting enough for me to buy them because they contain more gimmicky stuff and less consistent cool things on my character. The hideout with the day/night option was less "oh cool" for me and more "oh, so we won't be getting that feature for all hideouts", which I had been hoping for for a while but if that is this hideout's outstanding characteristic, there won't be a feature like that added to all the other hideouts anytime soon.

-I don't like battle passes. They are a fusion of BUYING mtx from the shop and PLAYING for mtx from the league challenges. I don't like a system that costs me money and also actual work to unlock something. At least for me personally I don't appreciate Path mixing these two concepts. Especially because it breaks the old system where in menues outside of chat and the shop, no incentives/ads were present to tell us to spend money. Now however there will always be that little icon on my atlas that shouldn't be there.

Hope my (even though very negative) feedback gets at least some consideration, though it is nothing that hasn't already been said.
I enjoy the new Supporter Packs. Also the new mtx for support gems (Shockwave, cwdt etc) are pretty cool. I'd like to see some more of those (a new melee splash effect would be cool).

While I like the Maroider strength scaling mostly (why isn't there a 'hulk' stage for having like 2-3k strength?) I got the feeling that such a 'character advancement' should be inbuild in the core game (without it being an mtx; the game 'Fable' had that), the same holds true for advancement effects to other attributes (int, dex, life, mana, es etc).
If you really are bent on such a feature being an mtx, then please make a slot for it. It being an armour effect looses so much potential. Imigine all those muscles under your Tabula or other armour. If that's not possible in PoE 1, I sure hope such a feature will come for PoE 2 with the new rigging and skinning of the character models.

I haven't bought the new mystery box since I wasn't really interested in the contents. I think there were like 1-2 mtx I would buy buy I wouln't spend such huge amounts of money to get those 2 (I learned from past mystery boxes, having spend 5k points for one full set scarred me for the future).

If there would be some mtx I'd like it would definitely be the possibility to equip weapon effects (and extra gore + all coming mtx in that slot) to unarmed characters. It is such a waste not being able to do that. I have so many weapon effects and I can't use them on my characters (I like playing different unarmed builds)... Please Make it happen, GGG!

Oh and also I ned to criticize the mtx prices, I get the feeling that many are now totally overpriced compared to the past (played since Open Beta). I exclusively buy mtx only on sales and even those had always 50% price reduction in the past and nowadays its 25% price reduction. So mtx got more expensive and sales too (I know you have to pay bills and such but come on you charge 84€ for some combined armour sets lol)...
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
Hi, I'm loving the new MTXs, congratulations.

I would like to suggest something, maybe in the future, the possibility of equipping our armor mtx in the Animated Guardian gem, I think it would be pretty cool. I thank the attention. Congratulations to the entire GGG team.
My 2 chaos orbs?

Do away with mystery boxes all together. Sell your mtx on store at full price. Sell supporter packs which always have points.

People will buy the packs they want for points and spend the points on what they want from the store. You get your money, players get the mtx they want, nobody feels scammed or lured by gambling.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I love the direction of the new MTX, the evolving types of MTX are incredibly satisfying and cool however...

I dislike the new supp packs because they come with a bunch of stuff I'm not generally interested in. It would be amazing to see full evolving armor sets included in the supp packs instead. I liked the reaper back attachment which changes based on kills, and would love for that idea to be expanded upon and a whole armor set based on that instead of the current supp pack structure.

The on-kill apparition effect is really cool though, if it was a whole armor set + that it would be an instant buy for me
"
Tachykir wrote:
nice

Mystery box feels kinda like a scam with "no duplicates" message on chat and then you get same stuff but different colors

agree on that just diferent color
The new mtx is dope and the no dupe box is cool too, but I hope you won't completely rule out armor sets from supporter packs.

Maybe next time one supporter pack should be old style with an armor set and wings/portal and the other one with new wacky things.
I couldn’t be more pleased in the direction GGG is taking this Masterpiece of a game. The new MTX mystery boxes are a good example. The new leagues and there mechanics seem to be driven on our feedback along with the rest of the game… So as a new player to Path of exile that’s only been playing for over a year. Thanks GGG for listening to your gaming community and Continue the great work of improvements.
I spent more on micro-transactions so far this league than I have with any previous league. Being able to combine the known quantity purchase of the supporter packs with the mystery boxes that didn't feel like a complete scam was great. the fact that MTX reflect stats and details of your actions make them feel significantly more worth the purchase than before, as previous MTX are often ruined by aura effects or lost in the general mix, but being able to see my movement flask pop, or other little effects make the game feel better without impacting game play for those who don't have it.

Keep it up.
I like the idea of giving us no duplicates with the Boxes but the different colors feel basically the same as a duplicate. So it's a slight improvement since people that buy a ton of boxes will stop getting duplicates at some point, but I really think this should be improved further so that you just don't get any duplicates.

It just feels bad getting duplicates and this is why I never buy more than a couple boxes since my chance of getting duplicates increases the more boxes that I've already openend. Even with the 5-20 Boxes that I buy on avg I usually end up getting a few duplicates.

Regarding the dynamic MTX that change based on certain factors, I personally really like them and will definitely get some of them. Especially the Portals seem really cool!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info