Controller Support Beta

I still prefer on PC. Imagine, if you accidently press a delete button on console..
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Nice feature, definitely useful for gaming on that 4k tv from the couch or bed.
But Android client, WHEN?
add pls Playstation button prompts
As somebody with RSI, I'm excited to be able to finally try this game out properly!
yessss!!!!!! thank you awesome !!!! <3
My first thoughts about the new beta controller support.

The new look bothers me, cause I am used to the pc look. If I can get the pc Look or at least keep everything at the bottom of the screen that would be much better. (buffs could still be at the top though)

I like the analog movement without needing to click. That will save a lot of pain from clicking to move.

I can't rebind my keys on an xbox 360 controller. As long as it allows me use xpadder for most of my keys, but still use the new in game analog for movement it would still be an improvement, because xpadder does everything I want except the analog movement.

In other words this may be an improvement , but I don't know if xpadder will overpower the in game controller support for my xbox 360 controller. Directions are not clear and I don't see a tutorial. In game tutorial or instructions would help a lot.

If you could tell us your plans for future changes so I don't waste money on expensive/wrong controller that would motivate me a lot to be happy about this setup.

*For example: Tell us what controllers are currently supported and what popular controllers do you plan to support or not support like xbox 360 controller. Also tell us if you plan to have an option to make the controller version of the game looks like the pc version with life bar on the bottom.

While I am on the topic of quality of life I will add a few quick cool ideas for the game:

(I got these ideas from Age of Conan which was a really fun game to play with these options listed below)

*Custom user interface: Changing size of skills/life bar etc to our own preference would be amazing. If this is too much work the PC interface with no controller looks good enough.

*Allowing us to save multiple keybindings separately would help a lot. Some builds may feel better with different keybinds in different places and if people want to do that right now, they have to change their keybindings every time they switch builds, which is quite annoying.

Right now xpadder can already save multiple different keybindings outside of the game. The only things I can't do with it is move with the analog stick without needing to click and also the game crashes when I try to buy from vendor or list stuff for trade.

*note* - I am using an outdated version of xpadder, which is the last free version to be released. The new paid versions might have solved these problems already.
Last edited by killodoggy on Mar 25, 2022, 2:30:21 AM
I think there is a way around the problem with xpadder, but it might be against the rules of the game.

I can probably setup xpadder to move my character with an analog stick alone, exactly like the in game controller does.

However I would have to make the program move my mouse directly in front of my character and click at the same time.

This is technically binding 2 buttons onto one button which is against the rules. (A mouse click and a mouse movement on 1 button)

However all it really does, is move the character with the analog stick alone.

Is this against the rules, or will you make an exception for this?

I ask cause I don't like the new controller interface and also I can't rebind my current controller cause it is not supported.
Is there a way to map skill to movement in xbox controller? Used to guard skills being activated by movement. Finding it difficult to manually trigger them.
I tried to play with a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. The controller is recognized by Steam and works flawless. When I start PoE, and switching the input options to "Controller" in the options menu, the client starts with the UI for controller support.

Unfortunately, the screen is blocked with the message:
"Connect a controller or press A on a connected controller to continue..".

For some reason, PoE does not seem to recognize my connected controller, even though it works fine in Steam itsself. Anyone has an idea how to fix this?
Last edited by HUSOZERFICKER on Mar 28, 2022, 1:29:34 PM
Feedback
Working in inventory is tedious. Specifically setting prices, juicing maps, moving the cursor around larger map tabs. Proposed solution, allow mouse usage all the time during controller use. Or, enable mouse usage during inventory management.

The button press highlighter resets after each press. If I loot currency drops around a portal, each time I loot, I need to press a direction to move the interact button off of the portal selection. Proposed solution, don't reset interact button location after each press. Or, make interacting with a portal a different key/set of keys.

The map tool will sometimes not work. Specifically, I set in scarabs, choose eater of worlds, choose my atlas quest, choose ambush or harbinger etc., and press RB. Then, the map tool will close rather than activating the map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info