Introducing Kirac's Vault Pass

"
Athridar wrote:
When GGG owned this game it felt GOOD to support the creators with my money.
Than Tencent purchased the game.

...Mr. Chris sold it

thats it...
...your mom told ur, everything has it`s price ? pass me ur mom`s phone number^^
Capitalism has no problems, it is the problem Ò_ó
OK, so you had some idle artists and decided to monetize their idle time. I get it.

However, the appeal of this punishingly expensive vanity pack is just far too narrowly limited. Headhunter? Players can't expect to earn this legitimately. Bottled Faith? Days, if not weeks, of nonstop farming.

These items are just too inaccessible to be worth buying skins for. It's a vanity "I supported GGG" virtue signaling pack for streamers and the development effort could have been better spent on skins for more common items.
"
kryori wrote:
OK, so you had some idle artists and decided to monetize their idle time. I get it.

However, the appeal of this punishingly expensive vanity pack is just far too narrowly limited. Headhunter? Players can't expect to earn this legitimately. Bottled Faith? Days, if not weeks, of nonstop farming.

These items are just too inaccessible to be worth buying skins for. It's a vanity "I supported GGG" virtue signaling pack for streamers and the development effort could have been better spent on skins for more common items.

Don't forget watchers eye, because some casual players like ssf and might never reach that point to see one...

Seems like the pack is made for people who actually farm...
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
Seems like the pack is made for people who actually farm...

Unfortunately, the pack is made for streamers, who will suck up to GGG and "support" the game by buying literally anything that pops up on their screen because it makes them money.

Anyone that buys this either has too much expendable money (and likely does not care that others do not), or is terrible at making good financial decisions and likely suffer from FOMO and addiction.

As far as I am concerned, streamers can be considered "extended staff" of GGG, since they get paid to market the game. Indirectly, but it still counts for something.

So they are basically targeting the rich and the poor. Not anyone in the middle. If you're middle class, you're likely not falling for this shit. Also I shouldn't have to mention that we're the vast majority.

So develop something that the majority of the players know they can't afford and don't purchase and the people that can't afford will buy out of lack of impulse control. Because really, how many actual rich players do we have here?

Great stuff, GGG. China must be proud.

GGG will make a new post walking back the price a little bit, pretending that’s the only issue.
People who don’t understand anything will praise them for “listening to the community”

This is the tactic for these predatory monetising companies.

DO NOT GIVE GGG MONEY. It’s been a bad idea for over a year now.
WARNING: Do not give GGG money. Never forgive the content creator priority uncovered during 3.14 Ultimatum league.
GGG got caught giving content creators in game advantages, only when caught would they tell the player base they were doing this. This will continue, but more slyly.
"
Ghostseer wrote:
DO NOT GIVE GGG MONEY. It’s been a bad idea for over a year now.

I second this. This is the last league I give GGG any financial support unless there are some serious changes around here. I used to think people were just overreacting and I am sad to have been part of the problem.

Boycott GGG. You don't need to pay to play this game. Especially if you already have a bunch of MTX, even better reason to stop supporting them.

We need to all act soon if we want real change.

Last edited by Cosmic711 on Feb 20, 2022, 6:49:24 PM
So $3.75 per skin and it doesn't include any points for the shop? Why isn't stuff like this being offered in GGG events for racers as new demigod items or something actually exclusive and interesting? Community, please don't buy this...
Tencentorship
I think it's time for me to find another game. As if the outrageous store costs weren't enough monetization for you. Don't get me wrong, I've spent almost $4,000 on your store, but I refuse to play any game that has both in game monetization AND a battle pass. It just forces yet another grind on players who already have more to do than anyone really should have. PoE has become more of an MMO in terms of time required than an ARPG.

I'm gonna go hit up Global 1 and give away my stuff now. Come get it guys.
amazing as always, ty GGG!

PS: took me only two days to create a character from scratch and do the whole atlas to claim this rewards to use on standard, i would really enjoy if these are not limited to leagues in the future because i don't see how this will help player retention(since i rushed the atlas and quit), also you are missing big on std playes that don't have enough time to rush the atlas but otherwise would buy it if available.
I miss harvest, 36/40 never forget.
Mirror drop - Strand clear speed meta legacy league month "5"
Mirror drop - Canyon casual farming harby ultimatum league month "1"
now i'm a main standard league player.
league content on standard when? GGG! show us some love.
Last edited by lRedWolf on Feb 20, 2022, 11:45:02 PM
"
jrv209 wrote:
So $3.75 per skin and it doesn't include any points for the shop? Why isn't stuff like this being offered in GGG events for racers as new demigod items or something actually exclusive and interesting? Community, please don't buy this...

Because races cost them money, making new skins cost them money.

So instead of pleasing the community by bringing races back and rewarding these skins for free, they’re not improving the game with races to wring people for more money.

GGG has a history of: make problem => sell solution.
They actively make the game worse to sell the improvement. Stash tabs, cursors, updating models and effects, MTX duplicates (they sold the way to refund part of a duplicate price to get points back, then got rid of it due to backlash). All these things they know need to be fixed to make the game better or playable. But they sell the solution, they don’t give it for free. Even gem balance is around selling the fresh MTX.
WARNING: Do not give GGG money. Never forgive the content creator priority uncovered during 3.14 Ultimatum league.
GGG got caught giving content creators in game advantages, only when caught would they tell the player base they were doing this. This will continue, but more slyly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info