Introducing Kirac's Vault Pass

People really need to learn the story of World of Warcraft's downfall. It started with small things and ended with powerlevelling a character to max level.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:
"compromise integrity"???

Guys, really? A company is trying to find a fair way to make money, since their game is free, and where is NO P2W at all. (Don't start that old stash tab discussion again. If you choose not to pay anything for something great... well.. that's your problem.)
You can't expect getting everything, everywhere, every time immediatley for f'n free!
If those MTX were fgree, you would love them. Ever watched the chat on twitch, when there are twitch drops enabled?
Like a frigging mob of locusts and hyenas....

The game is still the same.. with or without the battle pass... if you only riot because people who are willing to support a product, might buy some MTX in a battle pass that does not influence the game at all... and talk about "compromising integrity".. you are not only misers.. parasites to those that spend some dollars THUS ENABLING you to play a free game without spending money.. but also kinda delusional. ^^

i donated quite a lot into the game, at least 4 support packs for $240 and one for $480, and i say that what they did - wrong, its just undermines the trust of the players, most of the usual skins in the game are shit, if they improve this aspect they should do this is for all players, let them add a progress bar every 50 times more difficult to get them, regular unique skins should be available to all players considering that they are almost all shit, they just don't care about the project and the players and want $30 for it , it is just careless attitude even to those players who buy their expensive support packs, so your opinion is not taken into account here, even if they give away free twitch drops it doesn't change anything, even if they make old microtransactions that almost no one buys free(although this is what they do in twitch drops) it won't change their attitude, they show this attitude by the fact that this battlepass is going to be used in every league for many unique items - a this shows their attitude towards the players, this is understandable to any hedgehog, and many do not like this fact
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
mirror service

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2833366
Last edited by nrgleon45 on Feb 18, 2022, 7:53:25 PM
"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:
"compromise integrity"???

Guys, really? A company is trying to find a fair way to make money, since their game is free, and where is NO P2W at all. (Don't start that old stash tab discussion again. If you choose not to pay anything for something great... well.. that's your problem.)
You can't expect getting everything, everywhere, every time immediatley for f'n free!
If those MTX were fgree, you would love them. Ever watched the chat on twitch, when there are twitch drops enabled?

The game is still the same.. with or without the battle pass... if you only riot because people who are willing to support a product, might buy some MTX in a battle pass that does not influence the game at all... and talk about "compromising integrity".. you are not only misers.. parasites to those that spend some dollars THUS ENABLING you to play a free game without spending money.. but also kinda delusional. ^^

I think you have this backwards. A parasite is an organism that feeds on its host in order to steal nutrients, grow, or multiply. This game already has a clearly successful model. Adding schemes like this to the game takes away from resources GGG has already said they are short on (Art developers).
"
nrgleon45 wrote:

i donated quite a lot into the game, at least 4 support packs for $240 and one for $480, and i say that what they did wrong, undermines the trust of the players, most of the usual skins in the game are shit, if they improve this aspect they should do this is for all players, let them add a progress bar every 50 times more difficult to get them, regular unique skins should be available to all players considering that they are almost all shit, they just don't care about the project and the players and want $30 for it , it is just careless attitude even to those players who buy their expensive support packs, so your opinion is not taken into account here, even if they give away free twitch drops it doesn't change anything, even if they make old microtransactions that almost no one buys free, it won't change their attitude, they show this attitude by the fact that this battlepass is going to be used in every league for many unique items - a this shows their attitude towards the players, this is understandable to any hedgehog, and many do not like this fact

What trust? Undermine how? This is the most ridiculous statement that doesn't even make sense. There are things wrong with the pass and its concept here as presented, but "trust" is the worst argument against it. You pay $30 for the pass, the rewards are CLEAR, and the way to earn them is CLEAR. There is nothing shady or anything that "violates trust." LoL gtfoh

If you think something is unethical or violates trust, you should complain about Mystery Boxes which have been demonstrated by the industry to be PREDATORY, AND it allows you to get multiples of items you already rolled. Let's talk about the real unethical stuff here.
Art team did a sick job on all these item effects,

I really like the idea of a pass system for mtx, though alot of people seem to be freaking out because it costs money ,

the mtx themselves are awesome and I'd love to see more active item mtx for existing unique in the future one day you may even allow user submissions for item and character effects so you can do some skill scouting for your art team *wink wink*

A lot of people are saying you have to "Race" in the league for completion, Since when was it difficult to clear out your atlas in 2 weeks, its not like this will take up 90% of your time in game

"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:

You understand that Twitch drops is not free? It's required time to get and forced you to be +1 in streamer count that do something with his and global PoE twitch stats.

'Free' twitch drops is just legit bot wrapping and GGG paid us for that by giving MTX. Fair deal. This not be consider as: 'hey, look how good GGG are to get you MTX for free'.

I understand that this is not obvious to figure, but this how it's work.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last edited by DoEFotGS on Feb 18, 2022, 8:37:13 PM
"
Abbaddon wrote:
"
nrgleon45 wrote:

i donated quite a lot into the game, at least 4 support packs for $240 and one for $480, and i say that what they did wrong, undermines the trust of the players, most of the usual skins in the game are shit, if they improve this aspect they should do this is for all players, let them add a progress bar every 50 times more difficult to get them, regular unique skins should be available to all players considering that they are almost all shit, they just don't care about the project and the players and want $30 for it , it is just careless attitude even to those players who buy their expensive support packs, so your opinion is not taken into account here, even if they give away free twitch drops it doesn't change anything, even if they make old microtransactions that almost no one buys free, it won't change their attitude, they show this attitude by the fact that this battlepass is going to be used in every league for many unique items - a this shows their attitude towards the players, this is understandable to any hedgehog, and many do not like this fact

What trust? Undermine how? This is the most ridiculous statement that doesn't even make sense. There are things wrong with the pass and its concept here as presented, but "trust" is the worst argument against it. You pay $30 for the pass, the rewards are CLEAR, and the way to earn them is CLEAR. There is nothing shady or anything that "violates trust." LoL gtfoh

If you think something is unethical or violates trust, you should complain about Mystery Boxes which have been demonstrated by the industry to be PREDATORY, AND it allows you to get multiples of items you already rolled. Let's talk about the real unethical stuff here.
mystical boxes are for everybody(they sometimes give them out for free and in general this is a random roulette - who wants then just buy it (if you wait a little time, all the effects will appear later in the store) - and if they are distributed for free, then it's just like a nice bonus for players - especially if players can get something good from there ), there are many people who can spend about 60 boxes and collect the whole set, or they can spend 300 and they won’t be able to do it. rely on luck, and battlepasses add to the game what the developers originally had to do normal - all textures and skins of legendary items should look normal - this affects the gameplay and gameexperiance (affects the opinion of new players about the game - and also affects the opinion of old players about the game - roughly speaking, if the developers do not improve this process but are raising money for it, then this worsens people's opinion about the developers, it's natural - when there were any changes at all such a plan in a free form ?, do you even remember that? it only happened a couple of times about a couple of years ago - they stopped doing it altogether ) - it's not very pleasant to see naked beggar players with smeared textures in cities, external base the look of the hero should at least be able to look like normal knights, mages and so on, the design is very backward - now the developers want to charge money for what should initially be included in the game - and players should enjoy this gameplay even if they do not often interact with each other(any player should be able to enjoy the game, this is done primarily for the game itself and for other players, if the developers lack artists in this, the fault of the developers - and if they stop the process of production and improvement of the usual skins of armor and weapons - but continue to release only strongly overpriced support packs - then it starts to seem like a disregard for the game itself and all players (beginners and experienced players) ) - it's just a sense of aesthetic beauty - and if you take money for providing this then this is f___ absurd, especially as they themselves said they are going to do this with each new league, the players will not enjoy it if it costs 30$ each time, let them first bring the game and skins and textures to normal levels like its happens in other games - before they do it such machinations its just a fack and this is how it should happen, or do you want the game to turn into what is happening now in the counter-strike and World Warcraft ?you need to rethink your opinion on this matter, and think about whether you really want the best for this game
mirror service

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2833366
Last edited by nrgleon45 on Feb 18, 2022, 9:48:57 PM
Nowadays "outrage" is the new hot thing. Virtually everyone is just itching for the right moment to burst into absolute rage. So much so that they go full blind in their mad stampede.

[Removed by Support]

Company introduces a very timid "battle pass" that allows whomever wants to get these (in my opinion) VERY redundant "skins" to do so at a prioe.

Now, that is information at face value. Let us try see how this "compromises" the integrity of GGG or how this ruins the game or makes this company move towards something like EA or Ubisoft.

See if you can answer any of the following questions with a "yes".
If you can, then I legitimately acknowledge and agree with your outrage.

1. Do these skins offer paywall exclusive powercreep?
2. Are these skins mandatory at all?
3. Does the battle pass grant advantages that other players won't get?
4. Will BP buyers get stash-tabs in-game currency or anything similar?

Can you respectfully answer any of the above with a serious "yes"?

Of course you can't! [Removed by Support]

This battle pass is nothing short of a joke and they are PROBABLY just experimenting with the implementation to test it.

All this gives are UNIQUE-EXCLUSIVE SKINS for heavens sake!

These skins neither grant you more loot nor power nor anything similar! They are merely aesthetic visuals to "enhance" your in-game experience.

THAT is their sole purpose! Do I think they are good? No, hell no. And paying 30$ for those 8 skins bound to items that I most likely will NEVER-FUCKING-USE EVER is nothing short of a joke. But that is not the point.

The point is that whomever wants to spend on these skins can do that now! So great for them! They can enjoy their game more and nobody has to suffer compromises for it!

[Removed by Support]

Mods: I know you will censor my post. Do what you must, but leave the reasonable stuff in. I am on your side, I am on the side of COMMON SENSE, of which we really have not much of left these days.
Last edited by Ian_GGG on Feb 19, 2022, 6:53:08 AM
"
Abbaddon wrote:

Time-limited exclusive deals that cannot be bought with points are far more predatory than loot boxes. Loot boxes are random, but all their contents eventually make it to the store. Those items are then discounted to fair prices.

Even if you do not buy a single loot box, you're guaranteed to be able to get a good deal on the items in them.

This pass, however, is a sad excuse of a cash grab to get money from all the weak hands that are afraid of missing out on MTX that won't be purchasable ever again.

People collect MTX.. that should be pretty obvious. What makes you think they won't want to collect other exclusive things? This is predatory because it forces you to shell out even more money if you don't want to miss out.

The fact that people cannot see this is mind boggling to me.
$30?! That is outrageously priced... For something that only applies to SPECIFIC items and REQUIRES additional objectives to actually attain. You guys should consider reducing this to something reasonable or free. I hope it does not mark a turn for the worse

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info