Introducing Kirac's Vault Pass

This is a horrible move. All this battlepass nonsense was a money grab and has been horrible for players. I have supported GGG for years and this is probably the first time where your monetization system is such a disappointment.
Is this Tencent's doing?

Heck... what a let down.
30$ for targeted item skins is way too much tbh. i love mtx's and dont mind spending a little but 9/10 of this uniques i dont even use would have bin nice if they were not specific. The only resen i would have to buy them is fomo....
This has to be one of the most disappointing days of my life....
Why people have problem with this? How is this different than any mtx bundle in the shop?
Can you even think with your own heads?
Too expensive, not enough stuff in, no free pass rewards. Every other battlepass I saw until now charges around 5-10 bucks and offers more, not 30.. oh, and you can't pay with points. I really dislike this. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
Is this some kind of april fool joke ??? Never tought GGG would go that way ?

At least put some effort into the reward (Hideout, character skin New Hierophant but young??? I don't know but better than Unique skin... )
"
impulze3 wrote:
ok, you lost it. 30$ ??? LMAO

If this was for free to get people to play the league this would have been so cool but asking 30$ for it will almost certainly not get people to play, it comes off as greedy and pushes players AWAY

this is a blatant re-packaging of the old racing reward system that gave us unique item skins / unique items with alternate art, except now you have to pay for the rewards and you also have to race in the league for them.
It's re-monetizing systems that were already present in the game. So i guess in the future the unique item skins won't be racing rewards but just part of battle passes ?

Its a really bad precedent and a slippery slope.
What old system is going to get replaced and monetized next, no more skin transfers so you have to use the new unique item skin system?

I'm worried where this will go and i think it is a lazy cashgrab. If you want to motivate players to play the league and get people out of standard, this is certainly not the way to do it.

TLDR.

This pass is basically additional challenge league rewards you have pay for EVERY upcoming league.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
TLDR.

This pass is basically additional challenge league rewards you have pay for EVERY upcoming league.

How so? Somebody is pointing a loaded gun at you and "asking" you to buy it?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Last edited by dW2005 on Feb 18, 2022, 7:56:22 AM
cool, it's about time)
"
dW2005 wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
TLDR.

How so? Somebody is pointing a loaded gun at you and "asks" you to buy it?

Nope obviously i'm not buying it but it's more targeted to people that like shite like this..

In that case ,as explained in the OP, you have to buy them every league since these alt-art cosmetics are bound to each specific league.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info