3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

@Vanadium: If you want my old Elemental Damage with Attacks (non awakened, lvl 20, 0 quality) you can have it. You won't lose as much damage leveling it then.

I am currently also trying to improve by build (duh)..
But the problem I additionally have is: I now have 25 divine orbs (thanks again to that one person, you know who you are!!!). For me that is a humongous amount of money! I never had so many divs on me at the same time, ever.

So I don't even know what to do with so much currency. Sure... I can now spend 6 divs for a quiver that improves my damage by 700k...
Quiver: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/rMzay67cQ

...or a ring because mine really is bad. Even though it will have Flammability on hit again. It's just too convenient and I don't want to miss it anymore.
Ring: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/9egrGJYTK

Thing is: I have never been in these spheres of currency so I have no eye for the "best bang for my buck" in this case. I also looked through Headtourists old recommendations for me, and I think I mostly fulfilled them except the ring that has no Flammability on hit.
"
Vacoh wrote:
@Vanadium: If you want my old Elemental Damage with Attacks (non awakened, lvl 20, 0 quality) you can have it. You won't lose as much damage leveling it then.

I am currently also trying to improve by build (duh)..
But the problem I additionally have is: I now have 25 divine orbs (thanks again to that one person, you know who you are!!!). For me that is a humongous amount of money! I never had so many divs on me at the same time, ever.

So I don't even know what to do with so much currency. Sure... I can now spend 6 divs for a quiver that improves my damage by 700k...
Quiver: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/rMzay67cQ

...or a ring because mine really is bad. Even though it will have Flammability on hit again. It's just too convenient and I don't want to miss it anymore.
Ring: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/9egrGJYTK

Thing is: I have never been in these spheres of currency so I have no eye for the "best bang for my buck" in this case. I also looked through Headtourists old recommendations for me, and I think I mostly fulfilled them except the ring that has no Flammability on hit.

Well let's go for bang for your buck and short term :

Get an impossible escape with precise technique (1d or so) (will replace one of your rare jewels), so you can allocate entrench instead of magebane, then thick skin and farsight. (you should be able to allocate one, and the other on next level)

Then, about the ring, i'll try to explain better AND also suggest you a nice QOL and damage ring to replace yours.

The flammability setup has :
- better flammability (add flammability 20/20 to your pob, then modify the ring to remove flammability on hit, save, and watch the ignite dps difference before/after
- burning ground from the flame surge/arcanist brand equal to 25% of your ignite dps. (you no longer watch the ignite dps line but the total dot dps which is ign dps + burning ground dps.
All of this is triggered by using arcanist brand (one button), on anything that's tough and doesnt die "instantly".

What you'd lose doing that : either frenzy or blood rage (one button). Both are frenzy generators, pick whichever you want - and you'll lose your cast on death setup.

Now I understand that you probably still die "a lot", so if it's really that, replace the flammability on hit ring with a 5%/3s death rush ring (about 100c from what i see) then activate have you killed recently on configuration).
It's a mapping ring with on kill effects AND Hired Killer on steroids AND chaos res (your chaos res is low, so good thing).

This should change your life as long as you keep killing enemies.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Feb 15, 2024, 6:26:53 PM
Running out of ideas for min maxing my build. Still on the push for 100 (never help people with the feared while at 60% to 100).

Also BC I'm on Xbox can't get the Legion jewel I need sadly. But anything else is IP. I'm trying to build tanky to survive juiced maps while still keeping DPS up.

Can see my char by looking on my profile and look under Xbox.

Thanks and this has been a great season guys!
"
xzealiox wrote:
Running out of ideas for min maxing my build. Still on the push for 100 (never help people with the feared while at 60% to 100).

Also BC I'm on Xbox can't get the Legion jewel I need sadly. But anything else is IP. I'm trying to build tanky to survive juiced maps while still keeping DPS up.

Can see my char by looking on my profile and look under Xbox.

Thanks and this has been a great season guys!

Damn I hope you didn't die more than once there, i can only imagine the pain of letting go of 10% xp at this point.

I think there are still a few possibilities when it comes to damage/depending on your needs :

- bow : you're using empower + you have a "unique enemy" dependant modifier on your current bow.
Second bow recipe on my signature would give something like +15% dps. It has +2 to support gems (which also affects empower)

something like this :
Spoiler
Rarity: RARE
Emp. Bow
Thicket Bow
Unique ID: f775ddca45baa95f17d3d35e7a584f52727a0f9985ca49f8a6d3b257d595719a
Item Level: 85
Quality: 24
Sockets: W_W-W-W-W-W
LevelReq: 56
Implicits: 2
{crafted}Quality does not increase Physical Damage
{crafted}1% increased Attack Speed per 8% Quality
18% increased Attack Speed
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Support gems
Gain 16% of Fire Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
+26% to damage over time multiplier

If you have (lots, lots, lots) currency to burn, and depending on the xbox market (...) you could even try to get some implicits on it before crafting (but it's really damn expensive and hard without trade : requires specific beasts, one of them from the einhar memory...) so i'm not sure i can recommend doing it on your platform.
(see my bow or durahal's for example, with at least one great implicit on them)

---

Bringing malevolence to the build ?

There is a world where you can add another aura to the build but it would also be pretty expensive. Now that's something like +50% dps dps so i'll still describe a way to do it :
- replace carrion sliver jewel with mortifying aspect small cluster, allocate it
- get enlighten 4 gem for your helmet (WARNING : cost is 80d+ it seems)
- rework charms so you have one with 10% increased mana reservation efficiency of skills on it. Could for example be the one with spell suppression as you've eco a skill point on the cluster replacement that you can allocate in spell suppr.
- put malevolence in chest, along with your enlighten 3 gem, link both to defiance banner (so get rid of the golem and the flame dash support i suppose)
And voilà, you got all your defensive auras + malevolence !

[note : i have no idea how it is playing with devouring diadem, you'd rely solely on it for as your mana would be very low - i hope it is viable, otherwise well i'll have tried D: ]
---

Dirty techniques would be 11% dps but i'm not sure how you get it, maybe unallocating calamitous (3p), the small life node around precise technique, and finally levelling up 100.
Or, on the survivability side, there's also the hired killer node that could be potentially be allocated too if able to do the malevolence setup i described earlier. (or getting your level 100).

--

Anyway these were just a few considerations, there's pretty much always something to upgrade, that's just how the game works.

Wishing you luck on your 100 grind, i'm certain you'll get there, that's quite the dedicacy !
Last edited by Headtourist on Feb 16, 2024, 4:21:11 AM
Thanks headtourist as usual you have half bankrupted me but given me new ideas for future improvements!

The reason I keep diadem is because I don't want to lose the empower for a life tap. Seems icky.

When a few of my crafts (50 Div each x 4 or the doc cardsx2 sell) I'll grab that enlighten 4 and go for the next stage

As well I've been farming vivid vultures to reforge implicits. So I will be making a stupid expensive bow shortly as well.

I'm looking to get a corrupted hyries arm. Not sure if I should aim for +1% max res or 50% less Crit to nullify Crit dmg on me .

Also I have been playing with the idea of specing my ascendency into the lighting one to make the shock do additional damage.

Another thing my one med cluster is using brewed for potency and I think I can get a stronger mod for that one.

Other ideas are buying all the devoting diadems on the market and corrupting or double corrupting to squeeze a bit more out of the build.

Finally my right ring is kind of trash besides the ridiculous amount of chaos res. I craft alot. Any idea what mods I could go for to make it beautiful? My thoughts were t1 chaos still. But flat dmg prefix or potentially finding a way to do the dot multi essence spam and getting less than t1 chaos res but with increased dmg and rerolling my medium clusters to get chaos res (Ugh)

Anyways as always thank you and this has been my best league since I joined (there were 3 or 4 acts then) and I really appreciate your and the EA ballista groups help.
Last edited by xzealiox on Feb 16, 2024, 5:57:00 AM
Oh you have to keep DD. It's just i have no idea how the "mana use" feels with it.

I don't think the +1 max res is important on us. Negating crits looks better imho.

I don't think the bastion to storms is a good idea either (i know some play with it but...), it would really lower your elemental mitigation.

Yeah in the malevolence plan, i completely remove that medium cluster for small mortifying one.

Double corrupting items can be really rewarding indeed. If you don't know what to do with your currency, you could try that.

I don't know about the ring. I think you're underestimating it : lots of chaos res + almost max accuracy + max global accuracy, and on top of that, hp and mid elemental damage... It is pretty solid imho.

If a ring could be upgraded, would be the taming, if you get a really nice rare ring, AND considering you are way overcapped in resistances.
"
Headtourist wrote:

Well let's go for bang for your buck and short term :

Get an impossible escape with precise technique (1d or so) (will replace one of your rare jewels), so you can allocate entrench instead of magebane, then thick skin and farsight. (you should be able to allocate one, and the other on next level)

Will do. Have to rearrange a few skillpoints then though. Because I'm just above one fuse breakpoint, which means I will need about 8% of attack speed I think.

"
Headtourist wrote:

Then, about the ring, i'll try to explain better AND also suggest you a nice QOL and damage ring to replace yours.

The flammability setup has :
- better flammability (add flammability 20/20 to your pob, then modify the ring to remove flammability on hit, save, and watch the ignite dps difference before/after
- burning ground from the flame surge/arcanist brand equal to 25% of your ignite dps. (you no longer watch the ignite dps line but the total dot dps which is ign dps + burning ground dps.
All of this is triggered by using arcanist brand (one button), on anything that's tough and doesnt die "instantly".

What you'd lose doing that : either frenzy or blood rage (one button). Both are frenzy generators, pick whichever you want - and you'll lose your cast on death setup.

I thought I said before that I will try it once I get the money to do it... or maybe I didn't say that, and only thought it. In any case, I now have money, so I will try it. I also put it into my pob and yes, that's quite a drastic increase in damage!
And thank you twice for that because apparently I was too stupid to understand how this worked before. Yes you indeed made me understand and I will do that!

"
Headtourist wrote:

Now I understand that you probably still die "a lot", so if it's really that, replace the flammability on hit ring with a 5%/3s death rush ring (about 100c from what i see) then activate have you killed recently on configuration).
It's a mapping ring with on kill effects AND Hired Killer on steroids AND chaos res (your chaos res is low, so good thing).

This should change your life as long as you keep killing enemies.

Actually that was poorly worded from me I guess: What I meant was that I only die a lot with bigger bosses. Normal mapping enemies don't give me much trouble unless I don't pay attention because I'm for example watching something while playing. Sure, this can be mitigated with dealing more damage myself, which I have to try out once I changed my build to your brand/flame surge idea.
Also because I looked at your character and OPs pobs which both have about 100k EHP, while I struggle to get above 50k.
Ok i must have not paid attention or somethin and/or have been writing in an agressive way.
I never tried to attack you personally but defend my point of view. If i was offensive towards you i am sorry, this was unintentional.

In the case what you just wrote isn't sarcasm, mate, please don't be hard on yourself. I don't consider the game, builds etc to be easy to understand at all. There's details everywhere and i can tell you after thousands of hours into it i still don't get most of things and have very poor global knowledge (probably a lot poorer than most).

Again, I was only (really) trying to make more sense by explaining everything and encouraging you to make some PoB testing.

I was under the impression you were also reluctant about that flam. setup because of the button pressing, a low value against flam. ring etc. (and as a matter of fact, if you just put flammability along with the ring you just no difference, you have to know you have to remove the ring mod so you can see it... Doesn't sound obvious to me, probably means the bigger flammability is overriden in game... (typically, i have no idea how it works)

---

About the jewel : i was thinking of allocating the jewel instead cataclysm thunder one.
I see you at 115/123 on PoB while being level 93, which made me think you have 1 point left (if not there's an ingame command to show points distribution, and if you've forgotten one on a quest somewhere i think - or it's a bug on my side).

So : no point to allocate the jewel, no point to replace magebane with entrench (1 for 1), 1 available point for farsight to compensate the attack speed, damage whatever, and a level to get thickskin and its 185 hp.

---

About the ring, i think it should allow a really smooth mapping. I haven't tested it but i play most of the time with hired killer (the ring does that but better).
Also the adrenaline buff the ring gives does the following :
Adrenaline grants the following :

100% increased Damage
25% increased Attack, Cast, and Movement Speed
10% additional Physical Damage Reduction

Sounds huge, offensively, defensively, and for mobility. On your pob, shows something like 14% more damage, over 1k max phy and chaos (and 25 movespeed ofc)

---

About ehp, i would tend to say do not worry that much, there no goal value or anything. It's more about how you feel, if there's a specific recurrent problem, identify it, then try to remediate.

I thought you were dying a lot, for a good part because of the cast on death/portal (btw you can put portal on seconday weapons so you don't have to carry scrolls, if you want, you can even enhance and faster cast it to make it faster (i realized that not long ago...).
Last edited by Headtourist on Feb 16, 2024, 10:02:23 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:
Ok i must have not paid attention or somethin and/or have been writing in an agressive way.
I never tried to attack you personally but defend my point of view. If i was offensive towards you i am sorry, this was unintentional.

In the case what you just wrote isn't sarcasm, mate, please don't be hard on yourself. I don't consider the game, builds etc to be easy to understand at all. There's details everywhere and i can tell you after thousands of hours into it i still don't get most of things and have very poor global knowledge (probably a lot poorer than most).

Again, I was only (really) trying to make more sense by explaining everything and encouraging you to make some PoB testing.

Um... What? No neither was that sarcasm, nor did I feel attacked. I will try it once I get a few white sockets on an item because 1100 chromatic orbs is way too stupid.

"
Headtourist wrote:

I was under the impression you were also reluctant about that flam. setup because of the button pressing, a low value against flam. ring etc. (and as a matter of fact, if you just put flammability along with the ring you just no difference, you have to know you have to remove the ring mod so you can see it... Doesn't sound obvious to me, probably means the bigger flammability is overriden in game... (typically, i have no idea how it works)

Yes, only reason I didn't want to was because I was too lazy. But I now realised that I didn't understand what you were trying to tell me. I now do, so I will switch and get a nice chaos resistance ring, too. Because I just bought a new quiver and am now missing a bit of lighting resistance.

"
Headtourist wrote:

About the jewel : i was thinking of allocating the jewel instead cataclysm thunder one.
I see you at 115/123 on PoB while being level 93, which made me think you have 1 point left (if not there's an ingame command to show points distribution, and if you've forgotten one on a quest somewhere i think - or it's a bug on my side).

I am actually missing one point. I didn't even realise. I only have 23. Oops.

"
Headtourist wrote:

About the ring, i think it should allow a really smooth mapping. I haven't tested it but i play most of the time with hired killer (the ring does that but better).

Mapping is really smooth so far. Run around, explode everything and drink a potion once in a while. Can't complain there! I think it's just me high level complaining about things that could also be solved with "git gud!".

"
Headtourist wrote:

I thought you were dying a lot, for a good part because of the cast on death/portal (btw you can put portal on seconday weapons so you don't have to carry scrolls, if you want, you can even enhance and faster cast it to make it faster (i realized that not long ago...).

It's my training wheels for new characters. Makes it so much more convenient for them. And so far I had the slots to use it. Now I won't have them because of Flammability so back to the chest they go.
Thanks Headtourist. I think I now finally understand the Arcanist Brand - Flammability - Flame Surge thing.

What was throwing me, was that when I tested it on trash it didn't seem to so anything. But I realize now that because the trash wasn't burning so no burning ground was dropped, and as I "Can't deal damage with skills myself" it didn't appear to be doing anything at all.

It certainly POBs a lot stronger than the trap-combustion setup I'd be sacrificing, plus if it also casts flammability for me then that's great quality of life.
Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info