3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Vacoh wrote:
I just got this with the essences. Can you craft the bow with this as a start, too?
I obviously didn't use my annulments on it yet but what if I got rid of the crit and the mana on kill?

Problem is that you'll be stuck with 12% (i think) attack speed if crafting it.

I'm surprised you didnt have an occurrence of 17+ attack speed in 200 tries, i think the odds are something like 1/45 for T1 attack speed (the gamble then is being able to keep it while annuling other mods).

The +1 is guaranteed via craft method so it's not worth much in itself.

Edit about 1 on 60, after checking.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Feb 13, 2024, 1:38:19 PM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Vacoh wrote:
I just got this with the essences. Can you craft the bow with this as a start, too?
I obviously didn't use my annulments on it yet but what if I got rid of the crit and the mana on kill?

Problem is that you'll be stuck with 12% (i think) attack speed if crafting it.

I'm surprised you didnt have an occurrence of 17+ attack speed in 200 tries, i think the odds are something like 1/45 for T1 attack speed (the gamble then is being able to keep it while annuling other mods).

The +1 is guaranteed via craft method so it's not worth much in itself.

Edit about 1 on 60, after checking.

I had it 4 times. But the anulment always either killed the +2 or the attack speed.

BTW: With a +10% mana reserve charm precision is actually able to be leveled to lvl 12 which is pretty nice. Got one together with totems taunt.
Last edited by Vacoh on Feb 13, 2024, 2:18:55 PM
"
Vacoh wrote:
I had it 4 times. But the anulment always either killed the +2 or the attack speed.

Did you spend your currency to make the thicket bow 6L? If not, you could cut your losses with it and just buy a thicket bow with fractured T1 AS to make crafting Headtourist's bow much easier.
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Vacoh wrote:

Did you spend your currency to make the thicket bow 6L? If not, you could cut your losses with it and just buy a thicket bow with fractured T1 AS to make crafting Headtourist's bow much easier.

I bought it with 6l for a divine or two, forgot.
At this point I probably have to continue doing that. I had it 8 times so far and am way past 600 essences I think.
At this point it doesn't even matter because

I got a Penance Brand of Dissipation and decided to give up the moment I get this one to lvl 20 and sold. Because that is the money I wanted to use for the crafting after the gambling part.

Edit: I have to say a HUGE thanks to someone (not going to name unless I get the okay to do so). But I got this nice little bow from him. I asked multiple times if I should give something but nothing. Additionally a lot of currency. I kind of feel bad for that now.

In any case: Thank you so much! Now I need to spend it most efficiently!
Last edited by Vacoh on Feb 14, 2024, 11:41:52 AM
Crafting question. Do fractured Temple mods like the one on these body armours ever drop, or are they typically created using fracturing orbs?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/R3Kr4BRi7

Actually - do the prices of these amours reflect the craft difficulty, or are they cheaper to craft yourself? I'm assuming that with eldritch crafting they aren't *that* impossible.

I'm thinking broadly
a) Buy a good str/dex base and try to fracture the incursion mod (1 in 4 chance)
b) Essence spam to get Spell Suppression (lots of Loathings)
c) Lock the suffixes and Harvest on a Physical Mod
d) Aisling on +10% life and mana?

Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping
Last edited by Wilson_Chan on Feb 14, 2024, 4:00:42 PM
"
Wilson_Chan wrote:
Crafting question. Do fractured Temple mods like the one on these body armours ever drop, or are they typically created using fracturing orbs?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/R3Kr4BRi7

Actually - do the prices of these amours reflect the craft difficulty, or are they cheaper to craft yourself? I'm assuming that with eldritch crafting they aren't *that* impossible.

I'm thinking broadly
a) Buy a good str/dex base and try to fracture the incursion mod (1 in 4 chance)
b) Essence spam to get Spell Suppression (lots of Loathings)
c) Lock the suffixes and Harvest on a Physical Mod
d) Aisling on +10% life and mana?

Fracture on temple mod.
I don't know the craft method but there must be a resource somewhere... Probably can figure that out too.

Must cost a lot of currency (there are also the implicits etc that would be done before crafting the item).

Also, those listed for an exact mirror price are probably mirror services (no idea of the fee, it may be on the forums/tft discord).
Last edited by Headtourist on Feb 14, 2024, 5:40:34 PM
can anyone look at my stuff and see where i can improve ... im not struggling but i feel like im missing stuff.

IGN- Shaeyaena
"
Vanadium81 wrote:
can anyone look at my stuff and see where i can improve ... im not struggling but i feel like im missing stuff.

Let me try this to see if I learnt something from what Headtourist told me:

- Get awakened Deadly Ailments on your EA and throw out Ignite Proliferation for it. Get the mod "Ignites you inflict spread to other Enemies within x metres" on your gloves instead.
- if you get a third skill on your large cluster jewel, you can save up 3 skillpoints if you don't care about that third stat. None if you do.
- If you craft the bow in the first link of Headtourists' signature, you can get about a million damage on your build.
- Look at your Rapture Solace jewel. If you were to get attack speed (with bows) on that, you can actually get your fuses up by one. Which is around another million in damage.
- you can get a blizzard crown for another damage increase.
- other than that your hitrate could be better. If you can, try to get accuracy rating on your ring, your amulet, your gloves and your helmet, you should be able to get your hitrate up to over 90% which is fine.
- I put you my Timeless Jewel into your build and moved the Watchers Eye up to south of Scion start.

I screwed around with your character in pob a little bit: When I changed items, I renamed them with a suffix of "changed" so you can see what I did. Pretty much every item is one I use because I built this character on a budget so if I am able to get this, pretty much everyone should be able to!

Here's what I did with your build: https://pobb.in/1e_z5DVVwJ1Z
Your EHP went down by 5k, but your damage went up by 6 million.

Don't ask me how to get more EHP though, that is the major thing I'm struggling with myself right now. Around 50k doesn't feel good yet.
Last edited by Vacoh on Feb 15, 2024, 8:21:31 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:
Fracture on temple mod.

Enough in its own to put me off attempting the craft. The tails on that distribution curve with Fracturing Orbs at 42divs a pop makes it too scary.
Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping
"
Vanadium81 wrote:

Hello.

Taking a look at your build too.

- spell suppression is at 79%, you really (really) want 100% on this so all spells hit you for 50% damage. And you are using 2 charms for 25% suppression already to help, along with magebane.
I get that brass dome must feel really great with (blue ?) wisps, and the +5 max res is nice. So let's not try to replace it with hyrri's due to that and instead :

Replace one of your rare jewel with impossible escape on precise tech, entrench + 2 small nodes (or 1+ 1 fromreflexes wheel) cap you. You'll also have access to Farsight, thickskin etc for later.
(Note : also tried lethe shade in case but it wouldn't work, radius is too small.)

Now just for the sake of it, i do love hyrri's, replacing brass dome with hyrri's would let you evade a lot more, eco these tree points + magebane ( while leaving you more vulnerable to phy and vulnerable to phy crits that hit you.

If you got the currency you can also try both and see how that feels, depending on content.

Some people go for Doppelganger guise which would actually raise your physe max hit if good roll on it (+ a nice life regen on hit). You'd lose elemental max hit - a lot, but the value would still remain really high and you'd raise your chaos res by a bit. Now, same as the Dome, you'd have to spend points to cap your spell suppression.

EDIT : maybe boots with spell suppr could help too.

---

Molten shell setup : there's a problem currently as it requires mana you don't have to be cwdt. You're playing without molten shell right now.

---

Bow : indeed, the "regular bow" would be better, as Vacoh noted.
But there's an even bigger problem right now : unless i'm mistaken it's your only source of +1 arrow, which can be ok for clearing packs, but is an issue when it comes to killing solo enemies/bosses as with an even number of arrows, you don't fire at the target but on each side of it. (generally speaking, you always want an odd number of arrows so there's on "in the middle".
So yeah i highly encourage you to modify your current setup and get rid of this modifier as soon as you can.

---

About helmet :
A double elevated blizz crown would be something like +30% dps (huge), but that would put you even lower on chaos res (general rule, chaos res at 0+ -although you're immune to poison right now), and on spell suppression.
Another helmet a lot of ea players use would be the Devouring Diadem, which basically allows to remove all lifetap and use empower 4 on your ea setup instead (that's a lot of dps too).

Devouring diadem build example : https://pobb.in/3lcbJjAU36wf (previously Anena's build - configuration is uber pinnacle).
Another example of dd build, with lots of tankiness (but also lots of minmaxing to "make dps great again" is Durahal's. If curious, import char from account DURAHAL.

---

When you have the currency, a good lethal pride (unless you follow Durahal's path) can get you a big dps boost.
If you add cloth and chain : 17648, 12824
Currently : 11993

---

Skills :
Having high doubts with lightning golem and raise spectre, i just guess you keep having to bring them back all the time.
I (again) promote the Arcanist Brand - Flame Surge - Flammability - (Lifetap) setup : better flammability, and LOTS of burning ground damage. Really nice against tough enemies.
Bonus : allows you to replace your current ring. Now i get right now the ring is useful against regular content as your damage could be better, but think about it at least when your damage is high.

---

Hit chance : yes, it's low. Think you want more base accuracy. A ring replacement with 400 accuracy on hit would be 8% more hit chance on its own. Along with chaos res (and then other good modifiers, you could really improve your chaos max hit while making your damage more important AND more reliable.
Can also note that you're at something like 18 fuses right now so there's room for improvement (can go up to 22)

---

Ign prolif : just what Vacoh wrote. (aw) elemental damage instead, and get prolif on gloves.

---

Tree : you don't really need the aura effect small node. Discussion on the reservation mastery and on kill dot mastery.
Large cluster could be improved, also medium one
I think i mentioned some large jewels in a recent post, adding a medium totem damage cluster jewel with ancestral echo and sleepless sentries would be nice.

---

Quiver can long term be upgraded to hunter one, amulet, very long term, to dot multi +2 one...

etc etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info