3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Dromlin wrote:
"

For this build, how good are
1. T1 chaos/lightning/cold damage added to attacks (t2+)
2. Weapon elemental damage (80%+)
3. Fire damage gained as extra chaos (14-16%)

Are they all all about equal, or are 2/3 better than 1 by a large margin?

Using my personal build, which is really not min-maxed so these numbers may change a bit, but the ratios between them should stay pretty much the same. Starting with a bow with +1 gems, +2 support, 19% AS, and 26% DoT Multi if you add:

1. Max T1 Chaos roll is higher than cold/lightning and adds 5.5% total damage.

2. 100% Elemental damage with attacks adds 14.4% total damage.

3. 16% fire damage as extra chaos adds 14.4% total damage.

As you can see, it's just not worth it to try to get a good T1 ele damage with attacks when you can just get fire damage as extra chaos damage and be about the same. You'd be better off putting your money into crafting crazy synth implicits on a bow like Durahal.

Edit: You don't have to bankrupt yourself here.
-Go to trade and buy Veiled Catarina to unveil +2 support gems. May take a couple tries if you're unlucky, or you can find someone to craft at the end.
-Buy a thicket bow with fractured DoT multi 24-26% and hit it with T1 zeal.
-Annul until there's only AS and the fractured mod. It's probably cheaper to reroll zeals until you have less mods to annul.
-Craft cannot roll attack mods (1 div)
-Slam exalted for +1 gems
-Remove crafted mods
-Craft up to 3 crafted mods (2 div)
-Craft +2 support gems (2 exalted) and fire as extra chaos damage

Total cost should be under 4 divs, even with annuls costing a lot.

That's what I did! I did a lot of testing on craft simulator between fractured ele damage or fractured dot, and it turnt out fractured dot was a lot easier to craft. I ended up making money, because on the way to making the bow I wanted, I randomly hit a decent bow with a zeal (+3, asp, dot multi, open prefix) so I'm just selling that to make up for costs.

Tyvm for the advice, I honestly have no idea how to checking DPS on PoB works. I always screw around with it, but the numbers don't seem to be accurate at all. I need to eventually know how though, or I'm not going to know what's an upgrade or not haha....

I ended up with this!

Costs: roughly 5 divs counting zeals + annuls + the base for 2nd bow, 1 div for first on just base + zeals + annuls (that I'm sellin')

Now since you mentioned synth implicits, I'm going to have to learn about that haha....

EDIT:I think after this, I'm going to try my hand at crafting really good shoes/gloves/quiver for fun, then gamble the rest of my currency away attempting to craft a bomb amulet. Kinda insane how crafting is 90% of the fun in this game sometimes haha

This is probably the League where I learn beastcrafting and harvestcrafting too

Damn wow, my estimated cost for crafting a good quiver is 30 divs minimum... that's fucking insane. And the cheapest usable one I see on poe trade is 17 divs, so I guess it's time to craft and pray

Jesus, I wasted so many divs on the quiver... That was like 15 divs down the drain for a pretty mediocre one-- I failed the 50/50 so many times.

Learn from my lesson: if you have one open prefix and it's between MOVEMENT SPEED (weighted towards this) and proj pierce, don't exalt slam it. I bricked my item twice like this, then when trying to annul stuff off, I failed the 50/50 5 times in a row
Last edited by marixalijustice on Jan 14, 2024, 3:40:44 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
albln wrote:
Ive had great success with this build overall this league, its the second league i play and this build has served me very well! Right now it feels like ive hit kind of a wall tho, i am unsure what area to improve on the build and would love some feedback / help where i should put my divines!

https://pobb.in/_cc7jXzYojqr

No time now, kinda late here.
I see a big wall called headhunter, would you try to play with a catalyst-ed 42% dyadian ?
Once you've tried that (it should make you dps much faster and also 20% harder), please tell us more about that 'wall' and the kind of content, so we have an angle, unless someone feels like reviewing the whole build right now :D)

Ah sorry, second language hehe. I meant more in the way of what can i change to blast the maps even harder, the headhunter for me personally is super fun to play with and i really enjoy the playstyle ^^.
Hey everyone, first off thank you to the creator for making this build. It's by far the most fun build I have played with!

I'm level 86 now and just looking for some tips on what I should be changing/adding to help make the most of my build. Thank you in advance for anyone who can assist!

Been awhile since I shared a character so apologies if there is an easier way. It is FlammableKevica:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/HankHell/characters

Thanks!
"
albln wrote:
Ah sorry, second language hehe. I meant more in the way of what can i change to blast the maps even harder, the headhunter for me personally is super fun to play with and i really enjoy the playstyle ^^.

Headtourist was saying that HH is not really helping as much as Dyadian Dawn catalysed to 42% will. Headhunter doesn't immediately boost every build in the way that Mageblood does. It might be fun to play with Headhunter, but it's not necessarily doing as much as you think. Look at https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Monster_modifiers and you'll see that there aren't many monster mods that actually help the damage on EA ballista if you already have good accuracy and attack speed. Actually, if you get "Chaining" from a monster then there's a good chance you'll feel like you're doing nothing against single target all of a sudden.

Personally, I see the Extra <element> damage and exposure modifiers on monsters all the time, but with Headhunter it actually does nothing for EA ballista. For example, the Extra fire damage and exposure actually means "Gain 50% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage and Inflict Fire Exposure on Hit, applying -25% to Fire Resistance". EA ballista doesn't do any physical damage, so this is completely worthless for us. On a build that does only physical damage, this is about a 50% extra damage boost. Run into an Extra Lightning Damage and exposure monster? Now they're doing 50% extra fire AND lightning.

Headhunter can give decent boosts from auras like haste or precision, but again you probably already have these in your build so getting them from Headhunter is not very useful. Defensive monster mods are pretty much the only thing that's useful from Headhunter for EA ballista, so if you're wanting to "blast" the maps even harder, then you need to switch to Dyadian Dawn for a constant 20%+ DPS increase based on your current build.

Your gear is good, but there are a couple odd things like the implicit Fire exposure on hit on your gloves. You can only inflict one element type exposure at a time, so EE is the best source. Either spell suppress or accuracy would be a more useful implicit. Spell suppress would let you rework your charms and get one with inflict ash on rare/unique so you can get rid of Polaric Devastation for another ring, maybe The Taming if you're only looking for DPS. Your fire damage large cluster jewel is not optimal, get a bow damage/DoT large cluster jewel instead.

I understand your excitement to have a HH for your build, but this is really not the best build for maximizing it.
"
HankHell wrote:
Hey everyone, first off thank you to the creator for making this build. It's by far the most fun build I have played with!

I'm level 86 now and just looking for some tips on what I should be changing/adding to help make the most of my build. Thank you in advance for anyone who can assist!

Been awhile since I shared a character so apologies if there is an easier way. It is FlammableKevica:

Thanks!

Getting late and need to get going soon, but I'll just throw in a couple things I see real quick.

First off, I'm not sure if the "Adds # to # Fire Damage against Ignited Enemies" on your Warlord influenced ring will trigger the wrong exposure for EE, maybe Headtourist or Durahal knows? But that is a main concern for me right now.

You have Watchtowers on your amulet, but still have all those nodes on your tree. It's time to start refunding those points and getting cluster jewels in the top left near Elemental Overload. Most builds have the Damage Over Time Mastery to increase your fuse duration by 15%, and since you don't have max fuses you should really get it.

Maybe think about Devouring Diadem instead of your helm to rework your auras. Maybe a small cluster jewel with Mortifying Aspect so you can get Malevolence going. Malevolence is a huge DPS increase for this build.

Devouring Diadem also allows you to stop needing to pair everything with Lifetap, so you can put Empower on your EA link instead. Empower would take the place of Lifetap on your EA 6L and Deadly Ailments instead of Ignite Proliferation which will be an Exarch implicit on your gloves.

You should switch your Affliction mastery over to Primalist so you can get some charms to help with your build. Some good starting charms to look for are chance to cover rare/unique in ash or totems taunt enemies for 2 secs after summoning.

Not sure which auras you're running, but if you're running Purity of Elements, then your resists are grossly over cap. If not, then your Fire and Lightning are still grossly over cap.

Read my last post for thoughts on Headhunter. If you want to stick with EA ballista, you could sell that and get very good gear for EA, but HH is not great for it.

Just some first thoughts, and if I could link to Anena's build I would, but I think they must have switched up at some point. Headtourist may be able to provide a link to Anena's old build, or if you're desperate you can look at mine, but it's not a great example because I'm lazy and poor.
Last edited by Dromlin on Jan 15, 2024, 2:39:50 PM
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
HankHell wrote:

Thanks!

Getting late and need to get going soon, but I'll just throw in a couple things I see real quick.

First off, I'm not sure if the "Adds # to # Fire Damage against Ignited Enemies" on your Warlord influenced ring will trigger the wrong exposure for EE, maybe Headtourist or Durahal knows? But that is a main concern for me right now.

You have Watchtowers on your amulet, but still have all those nodes on your tree. It's time to start refunding those points and getting cluster jewels in the top left near Elemental Overload. Most builds have the Damage Over Time Mastery to increase your fuse duration by 15%, and since you don't have max fuses you should really get it.

Maybe think about Devouring Diadem instead of your helm to rework your auras. Maybe a small cluster jewel with Mortifying Aspect so you can get Malevolence going. Malevolence is a huge DPS increase for this build.

Devouring Diadem also allows you to stop needing to pair everything with Lifetap, so you can put Empower on your EA link instead. Empower would take the place of Lifetap on your EA 6L and Deadly Ailments instead of Ignite Proliferation which will be an Exarch implicit on your gloves.

You should switch your Affliction mastery over to Primalist so you can get some charms to help with your build. Some good starting charms to look for are chance to cover rare/unique in ash or totems taunt enemies for 2 secs after summoning.

Not sure which auras you're running, but if you're running Purity of Elements, then your resists are grossly over cap. If not, then your Fire and Lightning are still grossly over cap.

Read my last post for thoughts on Headhunter. If you want to stick with EA ballista, you could sell that and get very good gear for EA, but HH is not great for it.

Just some first thoughts, and if I could link to Anena's build I would, but I think they must have switched up at some point. Headtourist may be able to provide a link to Anena's old build, or if you're desperate you can look at mine, but it's not a great example because I'm lazy and poor.

Thank you very much for some of the tips, since I'm new to this build I was following the POB posted in the original build fairly closely so figured I went wrong on some things (I.E watchtowers). I will take a look when I'm on tonight and try and play around with some things while trying to ensue I don't brick my build by accident haha.
"
HankHell wrote:
Thank you very much for some of the tips, since I'm new to this build I was following the POB posted in the original build fairly closely so figured I went wrong on some things (I.E watchtowers). I will take a look when I'm on tonight and try and play around with some things while trying to ensue I don't brick my build by accident haha.

Hey.

First thing while i have it copied, Anena's build from this league, using devouring diadem etc as Dromlin suggested :
https://pobb.in/3lcbJjAU36wf

Then : well, glad you're enjoying the build.
Won't go over the same things Dromlin already mentioned but supporting everything (tree, clusters, hh swap for dyadian...)

You'll want to remove ignite proliferation from your bow, make it 4r2G and get (aw) deadly ailments to replace it. You can get a proliferation implicit from eldritch currency, to apply on your gloves instead.

Keep levelling your gems etc, also your goal will be a 21/20 explosive arrow.

At this point in the league and maybe due to charms, polaric devastation is quite affordable, gives a big dps increase due to covered in ash (equip on left slot).
Later you'll use a charm to get that explicit instead so you can equip a better ring.
And to solve the current ring mod potential issue, i would just replace this viper circle ring completely and link flammability to the arcanist brand. Flammability on ring is far less effective than true flammability.
Could also be a taming ring, i don't know how long it takes to get access to charms, but keep the covers enemies in ash thing on your mind, you'll want it.

On tree side, apart from the "right side of the tree removal" [That's 24 points to reallocate + you're still levelling.]
i wanna mention the dot mastery for +15% duration that will allow you to get more fuses.
Also the reservation mastery you've allocated is useless, you don't reserve life. (+1 point)

There's just so much things you can do. x) Have fun !
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 15, 2024, 6:10:21 PM
Anybody got any tips for a +2 amulet craft?

Every option I'm seeing is absurdly expensive...

1 div base + 3 divs in alts (if you hit a bad prefix on the regal you have to risk annul), then if you land, it's a bunch of divs in metamodding then an 8 div gamble with harvest fire slam. Seems like the bare minimum for a craft like this would be 15 divs...

Ideal scenario would be +1 all skill gems, DOT fracture, random suffix, multimod -> cannot roll attack modifiers -> craft life, now it's a 1/4 to brick the amulet and you've just lost 15 divs. If it takes you two tries, 30 divs (6.25% chance of failing both). After doing this and if you hit +2, you can scour all suffixes then 3 crafted suffixes, life, elemental or fire damage.

But on poe trade, I can get a +2 amulet (no DOT multi) for roughly 15 divs and spend another couple of divs crafting it.

I think factoring in the time to roll 3600 alterations (probably a couple of hours if I do the highlight trick on 3-5 bases), I think it'd be better to just run some maps then buy it?

Looks like for 30 divs, a dot multi +2 item can be purchased then crafted on. I see one where it'd be easy to do prefixes cannot be changed -> scour -> 3 crafted suffixes -> life -> elemental/fire damage but aspect of the spider might be good?
Last edited by marixalijustice on Jan 15, 2024, 10:38:48 PM
Nice Build
Last edited by solomonslate on Jan 15, 2024, 11:29:07 PM
"
Anybody got any tips for a +2 amulet craft?

Every option I'm seeing is absurdly expensive...

1 div base + 3 divs in alts (if you hit a bad prefix on the regal you have to risk annul), then if you land, it's a bunch of divs in metamodding then an 8 div gamble with harvest fire slam. Seems like the bare minimum for a craft like this would be 15 divs...

EDIT - Starting with fractured dot multi amulet.

I crafted a couple this league and the most annoying part was alting to +1 skills, its not that expense just really time consuming, esp if you are saving alts and using chance orbs when no prefix.

The +1 fire you can 100% deterministically get (once you have fractured dot multi and +1 skill) if you multimod, prefixes cannot be changed, and + fire damage to attacks; the only other mod you can get from aug fire at that point is +1 fire gems since your suffixes will be full.

Once you have the +1 fire and +1 skills, you can do another pre-fix cannot be changed and veiled chaos or aisling it, then block and unviel something useful most of the time... or if you want to play it safe multi mod life, fire damage, ele attacks or whatever you prefer.
Last edited by Durahal on Jan 16, 2024, 12:07:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info