3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"

Thanks, understood! I notice earlier some people in this thread were talking about enduring cry, but when I look at people's PoB or gem slots, nobody here uses it. Is it just too much to fit in?

I use both enduring cry and purity of elements. Even sometimes use a pair of boots with burning ground immunity on it if i'm real lazy with exarch altars.

Now since i use purity, my watcher's eye gives me some physical mitigation (i don't run determination), i also have some physical mitigation here and there and most important I accept that i will die here and there if i'm not cautious. (it's also easier to let go once you're level 100 : what's a death then).

I heard some about blue wisps, physical, crits etc, and i'm not sure i would recommend dropping determination considering that. Now i really have no idea how it is on the league so, maybe it's not that much of a problem if you're cautious.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
"
Pewpewlessqq wrote:
Hello! I league started this build this league and have loved it! I've had a few issues that I've tried to address though, like being frozen and stunned. I've also just bought a headhunter to make some juiced maps more fun and easier. Only times I've died really was from freeze and stuns which I've been running just the freeze immunity on my flask per the usual but run out of charges sometimes, and replaced my + level neck for a Presence of Chayula for stun immunity. I have sometimes just died to bleed from moving so fast which I haven't yet figured out a way. I wonder if there's a better way to go about it than I have. I also was curious if I should change my pantheons now that I have a headhunter? Any thoughts or ideas would be awesome as I'm not too good at changing up builds. xD

Thank you in advance. <3

Here's my pob

https://pobb.in/53_6foi4szFd

HP pool is indeed really low.
As well as suppression chance (88, make that 100 asap).
Lightning res at 50% (make it 75+)

According to the wiki, the stun chance (%) is basically 200 * Damage/Defender's effective max life.
So the low hp pool is definitely not helping with this.

Bleed effects can be removed with pots, try to get it on a flask (bleed+corrupted bleed immunity, the longer the effect the better.

Again, really not a fan of HH on this build. Dyadian is so damn great..
I can understood the rich people going for mageblood due to the constant high defences, but a HH :|

Ok, if you really want stun immunity, i understand chayula, but damn, you lose very other thing going for it. Including physical max hit... Ok you can't be stunned but you basically ask for more oneshots :D

Some things i've noted :
- you got exposure on gloves, remove it, it's useless, you've got EE. (people using this are either poeninja warriors or not well informed. Get something useful instead.
- You got a charm for covering enemies with ash, you can get useful stats on a good ring that would replace polaric devastation. Like hp, fixing your resistances, get more damage etc.
- So many unique items. I mean I get it, it's appealing, like getting double curse etc. But you could have hp etc on rings, boots, amulet, boots... To me it looks like you're tying to make too many unique items fit together and that really hurts your survivability. Imho, you don't need 2 curses to get high damage.
(not blaming dd as it's pretty much build enabler here, nor hyrri and taming as they give you A LOT OF suppression and resists which are uncapped stats right now).

I've opened the tree but i think it would take lots of time to answer properly.

I highly suggest that you take a long look at this PoB : https://pobb.in/3lcbJjAU36wf
It's a DD build like yours, but with much higher survivability AND damage. (it's set to uber pinnacle, where the damage is 1/3 of pinnacle damage). There is much inspiration to get from it.
(or, if you want lots of survivability at the cost of uber damage AND got a lot of currency (like, you can afford a mageblood*), import character from account Durahal. He has a unique vision of the build and it's very interesting too.

GL !

*Yeah i saw there was some talking about your build, Durahal. I indeed think your build is great for survivability BUT I also think the mageblood is a big part of it. In fact I would love to try a MB on my own build, to see the benefits from it, but I'm not in this league full of MB and would have to sink currency). Did some testing on PoB with improvements i could get, but it's not the same as being stress testing in game.
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 11, 2024, 4:09:03 PM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Odhinnhrafn wrote:
So I've hit 27 million ignite dps, and I'm wondering what I can do to get to DOT cap. I have more than enough fuses (24.91), so I'm thinking maybe swap my attack speed quiver for an elemental damage quiver, but unsure of what else I can do. This is my 2nd league, and by far my strongest build I've made. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

POB: https://pobb.in/zwSz6sKI8mMy

I highly advise against removing attack speed from the build (btw it costs nothing to max roll your quiver's implicit for 2% more), the higher the better, you will almost never be in "perfect pob situations" where you get to max fuses all the time.
Also considering you currently need the DOT mastery for 15% increased duration to hit those 22 right now.

Biggest and kinda obvious improvement :
Remove your bow mastery for accuracy (you'll still be clost enough to 100) and add the jewel socket between vigour and savagery. Socket a 17648 jewel inside and you'll be " PoB total dot capped"

Thank you so much! I'll get that jewel. I really appreciate it, and I see what you're saying with that APS. More will definitely be better.
"
Headtourist wrote:
"

Thanks, understood! I notice earlier some people in this thread were talking about enduring cry, but when I look at people's PoB or gem slots, nobody here uses it. Is it just too much to fit in?

I use both enduring cry and purity of elements. Even sometimes use a pair of boots with burning ground immunity on it if i'm real lazy with exarch altars.

Now since i use purity, my watcher's eye gives me some physical mitigation (i don't run determination), i also have some physical mitigation here and there and most important I accept that i will die here and there if i'm not cautious. (it's also easier to let go once you're level 100 : what's a death then).

I heard some about blue wisps, physical, crits etc, and i'm not sure i would recommend dropping determination considering that. Now i really have no idea how it is on the league so, maybe it's not that much of a problem if you're cautious.

I got kind of lucky today, I killed Elder randomly for fun and got a watcher's eye that gives 10% phys to fire and 12% spell suppression. Hopefully that lets me drop determination for haste, then!

I also participated in a random "guess my favorite song" in global chat and somebody gave me a Mageblood, but I'm not really sure what I want to do with it. I don't really particularly need currency (my expedition + harvest stuff finally came online so I can make like 10+ divs an hour playing casually n' slowly) and I don't think this build really needs one. Would switching to a Mageblood help me tankier so I stop dying? If it does, I'd probably just use it till' level 100 then give it away after
"

I got kind of lucky today, I killed Elder randomly for fun and got a watcher's eye that gives 10% phys to fire and 12% spell suppression. Hopefully that lets me drop determination for haste, then!

I also participated in a random "guess my favorite song" in global chat and somebody gave me a Mageblood, but I'm not really sure what I want to do with it. I don't really particularly need currency (my expedition + harvest stuff finally came online so I can make like 10+ divs an hour playing casually n' slowly) and I don't think this build really needs one. Would switching to a Mageblood help me tankier so I stop dying? If it does, I'd probably just use it till' level 100 then give it away after

I don't think i would drop determination for haste.
Determination, Grace, PoE, Malevolence, Precision seems well rounded to me.

After all, haste is "just" ms and attack speed...

For attack speed, start with crafting a better bow, i've shared several times the recipe/cost. (+2, +1, 17-19 AS, 18-20 Fire DoT Multi, 14-16 fire as extra chaos)
There's up to 30% dps to get there.
Edit : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229979/page/290#p24975728

---

Mageblood can grant you lots and lots of defences (also perma regen).
Take a look at pots on mb users (ex : Durahal), and consider you can get whatever pot effects that help your build the most to apply constantly.

Wanted (edit) haste aura ? A quicksilver flask with attack speed and full increased effects (modifier+enchant) on your mb and you got a better haste aura.

Same goes with defences.

Now there's a reason dyadian is considered BiS, and while you may be faster, tankier, etc, you'll probably lose clear speed.

---

Btw @Odhinnhrafn, if you read this, jewel is lethal pride, i realize i only told you its number.
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 12, 2024, 5:58:18 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"

I don't think i would drop determination for haste.
Determination, Grace, PoE, Malevolence, Precision seems well rounded to me.

After all, haste is "just" ms and attack speed...

For attack speed, start with crafting a better bow, i've shared several times the recipe/cost. (+2, +1, 17-19 AS, 18-20 Fire DoT Multi, 14-16 fire as extra chaos)
There's up to 30% dps to get there.

---

Mageblood can grant you lots and lots of defences (also perma regen).
Take a look at pots on mb users (ex : Durahal), and consider you can get whatever pot effects that help your build the most to apply constantly.

Wanted grace aura ? A quicksilver flask with attack speed and full increased effects (modifier+enchant) on your mb and you got a better grace aura.

Same goes with defences.

Now there's a reason dyadian is considered BiS, and while you may be faster, tankier, etc, you'll probably lose clear speed.

---

Btw @Odhinnhrafn, if you read this, jewel is lethal pride, i realize i only told you its number.

Awesome, ty! I'll probably just give away the Mageblood to a friend who wants it.

I was looking at bow crafting next too! I calculated it'd be fairly cheap for me to get a decent bow. If I don't multimod (3 crafted suffixes), I can have +3, 17-19 ASP, 18-20 fire dot multi, and +1 t3+ cold/lightning/chaos damage, dot multi, or elemental damage for around 5 divs on average (this includes 6L + chromatics to 4 off color). I guess I'll yolo and use an i86 base (1 div) instead of i85 (basically 2 chaos) to see if I can roll something really good, but it'll bring the cost up a little haha to 6 divs. Kind of pointless though, since the only mod that can be better is elemental damage to T1 haha (and possibly a +2 arrows, which works unlike the bricking +1 arrows I think). If I want to settle for t2+, it's 1/50 zeals, if I settle for t3+ it's only 25. So 750c vs 375c haha. I hope all of the elemental attack/chaos, dot multi, and elemental damage are all about equal in power

I switched Malevolence to a button click rather than Grace, since it just seemed more sensible to have my damage on a buff rather than defense haha

EDIT: I hit it in 4 zeals, had to annul off one mod, wanted to annul off crit chance but hit accuracy instead. Still a good bow regardless!

Getting 4 off colors is actually super cheap with the jewelers method
Last edited by marixalijustice on Jan 12, 2024, 7:04:59 AM
"
t3+ cold/lightning/chaos damage, dot multi, or elemental damage for around 5 divs on average

The bow that Headtourist crafted back on page 290 will probably be better and only cost about 1-2 divs more.

Don't hope that something is better, test things out in PoB first.

Edit: Missed your edit earlier, but if you got that bow in 4 zeals then I'd say you used up all your luck this league. The chances of getting +1 socketed gems and T1 ele damage with attacks is extremely low.
Last edited by Dromlin on Jan 12, 2024, 1:36:19 PM
Not sure if this is proper 'etiquette' but does anyone know how I can improve the gear on my character? (BlueRev) I really enjoy the build but I'm stuck on how to go from here gear-wise.
Besides of course higher roles on the uniques.
How big of an upgrade would a HH or MB be? I don't know enough about mechanics or how to properly read PoB and make changes to see 'what to do'

https://pobb.in/Lp1xlaltC4NY
Last edited by pigdestroyer on Jan 12, 2024, 10:26:37 AM

Snagged that last night, I figuire that should proc flammability when arrows explode, but ignites aren't hits right?

Figure that is good enough and free's up 3 slots for me to remove flammability and focus on something more defensive.
"
Durahal wrote:
"
joaco127 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm having a great time with the build!

I've invested like 5-6 divines already and I'm feeling a bit lost, I feel like i'm not hitting that hard and maybe there's something obvious to fix.

Hope anyone can help :)

https://pobb.in/V5X-R1Hidm0o

Also, what's the best thing this build can do in the endgame?

Thanks!

Your weapon is by far your weak point, its not 6L and only has like 4.5 relevant mods. Need to get DOT multi, as it scales out ignite damage the best. Going diadem will let you swap off life tap for empower setup which will give more damage also.

In terms of the strength of the build, you can scale it 1 shot all ubers with enough investment, but once you get the build going you can comfortably farm juiced T16 and ubers early on.

"
Brian9824 wrote:
ok, got some nice updates, recoloring, etc so here is my current build
https://pobb.in/w_PYQIIetNgE

Got about 11 Divine now, so trying to see what to focus on

Try crafting a +2 amulet, or if you arent confident in your crafting, save up more and buy one, its a nice boost to all your auras also.

Hey guys, been adjusting a lot of things on the build.

I changed the bow, added jewels, awakened gems and diadem.

I know that a +2 amulet would be great but it's out of reach right now,
where could I keep improving?

Also is there anything I'm doing wrong? I have a lot of attack speed but I'm on 18.8 fuses according to the calcs on the guide.

https://pobb.in/sujNkKg7skyh

Thanks!
Last edited by joaco127 on Jan 12, 2024, 2:42:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info