3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

thanks! Found it. However I realize that the ignite deal x% faster from boots implicit from the new influence does not get factored in?
"
dokterr wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:
"
kelvezusin wrote:
Quick question

I am having trouble finding the (Increase duration) in POB. Could anyone guide me on where to find it?

It's under Calculations. Make sure Explosive Arrow is selected, then it's in the sub-heading "Skill type specific stats".

So looking at yours for example

2.36 * 6 * .91 * 1.4 = 18 fuses?

Yep that would be right.

I have since dropped the 2% life regen mastery node and instead picked up the damage over time mastery for 15% increased duration. So I currently sit at 19.97 fuses... which is really annoying because I'm just short of the 20, hehe. I should be able to hit the 20 if I wanted to reroll some stats on my gear but probably won't bother.
"
kelvezusin wrote:
thanks! Found it. However I realize that the ignite deal x% faster from boots implicit from the new influence does not get factored in?

It gets factored into the ignite duration, not the skill duration. It's a separate stat in the "Ignite" section of the calcs.
Heheh, I took down the Searing Exarch in UNDER 8 SECONDS:

https://youtu.be/VgnU_WaFwtU

Just drop your ballista bombs and run, haha.

He also had 28% increased life, so theoretically I should be able to take him down in under 6 seconds with my setup.
"
brunowa wrote:
"
dokterr wrote:

Yep that would be right.

I have since dropped the 2% life regen mastery node and instead picked up the damage over time mastery for 15% increased duration. So I currently sit at 19.97 fuses... which is really annoying because I'm just short of the 20, hehe. I should be able to hit the 20 if I wanted to reroll some stats on my gear but probably won't bother.

I'm gonnna switch to storm cloud until I have enough currency to craft the +3 bow. My current one is not helping out in the attack speed at all. Haven't had any luck finding a damn short bow.

I gotta pick up a jewel to replace the assassins haste that I still have slotted.

Actually managed to finally craft that spell echo/sleepless sentries jewel as well.

Should I run 4r2g? Or 4r1b1g?
Last edited by dokterr on Feb 16, 2022, 12:03:22 AM
Hi guys! There's a strange issue I can't figure out. Maybe I really don't understand something, but I inserted all the gems according to the guide and I still have 4 ballistas, not 6. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
"
morgiarti wrote:
Hi guys! There's a strange issue I can't figure out. Maybe I really don't understand something, but I inserted all the gems according to the guide and I still have 4 ballistas, not 6. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Your characters are marked as private, so we can't see them. If I had to guess, I'd say you haven't taken Watchtowers and Panopticom on the skill tree.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
dokterr wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:
"
dokterr wrote:

Yep that would be right.

I'm gonnna switch to storm cloud until I have enough currency to craft the +3 bow. My current one is not helping out in the attack speed at all. Haven't had any luck finding a damn short bow.

I gotta pick up a jewel to replace the assassins haste that I still have slotted.

Actually managed to finally craft that spell echo/sleepless sentries jewel as well.

Should I run 4r2g? Or 4r1b1g?
The bow isn't actually that hard to put together... at least, a temp one until you can go for the end-game variant.

Buy Porcupine cards for the base, that will give you a 6 link shortbow with item level 50. They are going for ~3 chaos each right now, cheaper if you can snipe a few. So under 20c for the base.

The first option is to Alteration / Augmentation spam it for +gems and/or attack speed.

The second option is to hit it with a shrieking (or deafening) essense of dread. That will give you +2 bow gems. If you have an open prefix and ONE open suffix, you can craft cannot roll attack mods and exalt slam, you'll get +1 gems, then scrub off the craft and add attack speed. That bow is good enough, I'm running one that's not even that good and no problem clearing content.

Colors... we have some flexibility here. We need 1G and 3R. (EA, Ballista, Burning damage, & Lifetap) For the last two, we can use any two of ignite prolif (B), elemental damage with attacks (R), deadly ailments (G). So what I've been doing is bench crafting 3R, and as long as the last 3 don't all go green, you can make it work. It's usually cost me a couple benches to get something useable.

Then you can store up currency until you can craft the actual endgame bow.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Feb 16, 2022, 1:21:10 AM
Hi, I have some questions that I still do not know what is for or how mechanics work?

1. I found many high-rank EA did not use vitality buff as all mana are reserved.
But, "how do they survive?" also, they have only one life potion and no cinderswallow.

2. I found some link arcanist brand with Flame surge and Flanmabiilty together.
Is it work? we did not up passive for brand as I understand its only trigger flame surge that just burning on the ground up damage 25%.

3. As archnemesis, mobs from them might immune damage aliment that we cannot ignite. Or some mobs really high res to fire. How can we fight these mobs. I really sad that I do damage over 5 mins but the hp mobs still full.

4. Why they use blizzard crown? the implicit are add cold damage that we cannot use it, and treat cold res mobs higher 10% that no value to us as we ignite and fire res (they already has other cold/lighting damage to proc EE)

Thank you in advance.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
morgiarti wrote:
Your characters are marked as private, so we can't see them. If I had to guess, I'd say you haven't taken Watchtowers and Panopticom on the skill tree.

Thank you so much. You were absolutely right! Panopticom was indeed missing from the build. But how can I get the Warchtower? Taking into account the fact that it is not in the current build according to current PoB (more precisely, it is somehow present, but there is no way to it).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info