3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

I just hit maps and have huge problems with survivability. Currently at only 2k HP and the skill tree doesnt really provide any life nodes so far. Do I have a fucked up pob link?

I used this POB from palsteron: https://pastebin.com/WZ8EF0eG
Hey guys, loving the build so far.

Any suggestions to where i could start upgrading my gear?

As far as i understand i should get some more attack speed on my bow and quiver, and my amulet definitely should be replaced, but is there something else i could look in to first?

POB: https://pastebin.com/aH9Upjq3
"
brunowa wrote:
Molten Shell and Immortal Call share the same cool down so you can only use one.

Best method IMO is simply put Molten Shell on left click. Frees up CWDT gem slot.

Oh okay! Thanks. I may have a lot of time in this game but I am pretty casual so this is very helpful to know. Thanks bro.
Last edited by FrenchDigglet on Jun 3, 2022, 6:13:51 PM
Hi all. I got a better bow with more attack speed and a ring with more accuracy. Feels like an improvement. But I reckon its still not enough. I've looked at others pob and numbers are so different. I'm about to buy a Blizzard Crown with the EA attack speed enchant but before I do just wanted to make sure I'm right about EA AS. I've looked at the calcs and not sure if the number should be lower or higher. POB is below. Thank you and have a great weekend.
I was also thinking of changing my armour to something more life based as mine I feel is a bit low for where I am. Is that a good or bad idea?

https://pastebin.com/A4kqsiPp
"
DopeOnWax wrote:
Hi all. I got a better bow with more attack speed and a ring with more accuracy. Feels like an improvement. But I reckon its still not enough. I've looked at others pob and numbers are so different. I'm about to buy a Blizzard Crown with the EA attack speed enchant but before I do just wanted to make sure I'm right about EA AS. I've looked at the calcs and not sure if the number should be lower or higher. POB is below. Thank you and have a great weekend.
I was also thinking of changing my armour to something more life based as mine I feel is a bit low for where I am. Is that a good or bad idea?

First, before you buy a Blizzard Crown, buy an Unnatural Instinct Jewel and a Medium Cluster Jewel with "Sleepless Sentries"-Node.

You need more Accuracy--- Your hit chance is 87%, this is way too low. Try to get 97-100% hit chance

You should also look for a new Amulet (something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/yemK2YqhR)

You dont wanna use a Mana Flask... Put in every Gemlink a Lifetab Support.
YOu dont need 2 Life flask... Just 1.

Now you have 2 open Flask slots use them for Granit Flask and Jade Flask.
Grace is huge boost for survi? Currently i don't have enlighten on lvl 4, so i can't use it, and i thinking should i collect some exalts and buy it.
"
Dolewan wrote:
"
DopeOnWax wrote:

First, before you buy a Blizzard Crown, buy an Unnatural Instinct Jewel and a Medium Cluster Jewel with "Sleepless Sentries"-Node.

You need more Accuracy--- Your hit chance is 87%, this is way too low. Try to get 97-100% hit chance

You should also look for a new Amulet (something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/yemK2YqhR)

You dont wanna use a Mana Flask... Put in every Gemlink a Lifetab Support.
YOu dont need 2 Life flask... Just 1.

Now you have 2 open Flask slots use them for Granit Flask and Jade Flask.

Thank you once again. This is exactly why I asked before I made a huge mistake!!

Last edited by DopeOnWax on Jun 4, 2022, 10:10:12 AM
I noticed that leveling video has a bit of a different skill tree. Should i follow the leveling tree and then switch?
Crosspost from gameplay subforum:

Title pretty much says it I got about 6 or 7 ex if I trade in my chaos...

I guess im really lacking a good Amulet, but those are crazy expensive (fire damge over time, life, +1 all skill). Same goes for Unnatural instinct. I guess I could try to respec into cluster jewels, but havent looked into how expensive that would be. Since im playing a very meta build Id assume very expensive... Are there any obvious things im missing? Im still pretty much a noob and skipped 4 or 5 leagues and havent really caught up on all the new mechanics and itemization... Id do to a big of bossing next atleast non uber version (Did Sirus so far with no issues aswell as maven invitations atm considering whether to try the elderslayers myself or take the safe 70c)

Any thought and tipps would be much appreciated. thanks
Anyone have ideas on ways to take this to the next level?

For example: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/v4hohm/nextlevel_crafting_tech_recombinating_corrupted/
This is too expensive for me to even try making. Instead, here are some ideas I've been thinking about.

--- Mana route ---
Dropping Lifetap for Awakened Swift Affliction (might need duration nodes)/Cruelty/Awakened Empower is going to be 24-48% more ignite DPS depending on build! The problem is what you have to sacrifice to get the mana you need.

Something like this is probably going to be in any build that goes this route:
(20% vs 32-26% flammability is like 1% ignite DPS difference, and using Delve flammability suffix will significantly reduce your cost to craft). You'll need some unreserved mana (Essence of Loathing or maybe drop Defiance Banner)

From here, the easy option is to switch Polaric Devastation for another -cost ring, and use Infernal Cry for the ash. Even without Infernal Cry, the DPS gain is higher than what you lose.

Alternatively, fix mana regen somehow.

--- Better bow ---
+3 bows are nice because they can be crafted deterministically. With recombinators, you can now make a better bow for potentially less investment.

Without even considering veiled/influenced mods, added lightning damage and % increased elemental damage is stronger than +1 gems. From POB, prefix ranking is: +2 gems > T1 lightning > essence lightning > T2 lightning > T1 % elemental > crafted fire as chaos > T3 lightning > T2 % elemental > +1 gems > crafted fire DOT multi > T1 cold
Also, consider crafting on a synthesized base. (my bow from last league:
)

--- Divergent EA ---
People have already mentioned this for QOL mapping. By pushing skill duration and attack speed high enough, my goal is to hit 24 fuses (or more?). So far theory crafting only got me to 21 fuses though... Things I didn't try are Spiritual Command  and the attack speed when focuses craft.

--- Auras ---
People already mentioned Malevolence with Divine Blessing. For pinnacle bosses, you can probably drop grace to run Malevolence, and then put Wrath on Divine Blessing.

--- Budget ---
Damage over Time mastery (15% increased skill effect duration) and the Exceptional Performance nodes (likely not needed) are a cheap way to get to 20 fuses before you get enough attack speed.

The Uncompromising node (small armour cluster) is a cheap way to get more reservation efficiency before Enlighten.

--- Other QOL ---
Golem on CWDT feels nice, but if you're running Lifetap, you may not have the sockets for it. You can also put golem on Arcanist Brand, losing cull.
I also saw someone using Daresso's Defiance (increased Onslaught effect) which would be nice for mapping.

People already mentioned Enduring Composure node (small armour cluster).

--- Brass Dome ---
Not worth. You lose a lot of life (which also makes Malevolence/Divine Blessing riskier). It is tankier, but it's probably better to just go Champion for that.

---

Love to hear what others have found.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info