3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
ILjXYZ wrote:
Hello all! I played this build last league and had great success with it, but I wanted to be sure I fully understood the mechanics of EA before i got too far into making my 3.18 character.

My character in 3.17 had 43.5 million ignite dps using only 5 totems. I managed this by exploiting the duration mod. I loved this setup as I felt that going from 6 to 5 totems was a decent bit of quality of life, and it allowed me to completely ignore Watchtowers and spend those points and my anoint on other things that boost by ignite dps.

Using my numbers from my 3.17 character: 2.39 attack rate * 100% chance to hit * 1.8 duration * 5 totems == 21.5 fuses under ideal circumstances. As I understand it, the duration is the time the "Hit by Explosive Arrow" debuff has before it explodes, consuming all other arrows, unless it hits 20 arrows first. This means that I have 1.8 seconds from the time my first arrow hits the enemy to stack 19 more arrows for big deeps. And, as the math shows, I should normally be able to do that.

I've poked around various pobs that have been posted in this forum and don't really see a whole lot of other people with this setup. I understand it might be a gear issue as hitting high aps and accuracy can be tough, but duration is fairly easy to extend. I also understand that it can make clearing a bit slower, but I never felt like this was a problem in 3.17. I just want to make sure that I'm not gimping my damage in some way that PoB doesn't show me before I move ahead with this setup for 3.18. Thanks for any helpful input!

My 3.17 pob for reference: https://pastebin.com/kqYjTa9v

Your calculation with the damage is correct.
It's just that most people don't feel like waiting 1.8s during mapping until the enemy explodes.
For example, I wait during the mapping only 1.14 seconds until the enemy dies.
Last edited by Dolewan on May 30, 2022, 12:05:08 AM
So I am wondering how exactly flame surges burning ground works and I could not find that many info on that.

In PoB it does not seem to do anything. But according to its description, it drops a ground effect. So from my understanding its useless or hard to use on bosses/enemies which move a lot. Also I am not sure if this really deals damage like I understand it. From the description it sounds like it deals 25% of my ignite dps. So if I have 10 mil ignite dps, casting brand and letting it hit with flame surge, flame surges ground effect deals 2,5mil dps. Is this correct? I sometimes have the feeling that it does nothing :S
Does anyone have suggestions on upgrades to get next or things to change?
POB: https://pastebin.com/YeJmV6Qb
Also is ignite proliferation VERY important if i'm gonna be mapping alot? or is it fine to just stick with burning damage support? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Waffle325 on May 30, 2022, 7:24:08 AM
"
Waffle325 wrote:
Also is ignite proliferation VERY important if i'm gonna be mapping alot? or is it fine to just stick with burning damage support? Thanks in advance!

yes, you want Ignite Proli for easier clear and maybe Rain of Splinters as well. Makes mapping easy, kills a lot of things fast and even offscreen. I can only recommend this combination for clearing maps.

Also Ignite Proli does not only add AoE, it also adds damage. So your dps loss will be barely noticeable.
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
Waffle325 wrote:

yes, you want Ignite Proli for easier clear and maybe Rain of Splinters as well. Makes mapping easy, kills a lot of things fast and even offscreen. I can only recommend this combination for clearing maps.

Also Ignite Proli does not only add AoE, it also adds damage. So your dps loss will be barely noticeable.

I would not use Rain of Slinters but the Dying Sun Flask.
You get a lot of Attack Speed in the Jewels. Therefore, I would not use the Jewel to get more projectiles.
"
Dolewan wrote:
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
Waffle325 wrote:

I would not use Rain of Slinters but the Dying Sun Flask.
You get a lot of Attack Speed in the Jewels. Therefore, I would not use the Jewel to get more projectiles.

Why not both? :P

Jokes aside, I agree on that partially. But this assumes that you are able to keep that flask up almost all the time, which is hard based on the flask duration and charge usage. And in most cases, it is not dps you are missing while clearing. So rain of splinter is just more QoL
Hey,

I crafted my new Bow today:

+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems
19% Attack Speed
Multi Mod
Gain 16% of Fire Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

And now I have 1 free space for either Fire Damage over time multiplier or minion atk speed. I cant deicide.

I play on Xbox, so I cant post a pob I think.
I have 2,20 attack rate with multiplier and 2,45 attack rate with minion atk speed.

On PoE trade I see that almost all Bows have multiplier and only a few minion atk speed, so I dont know ...

Thanks for the build btw, its really strong!
You should be able to make a PoB independent of your system.

Anyhow, Minion stuff does not affect totems (at least it should not), so you will 100% use fire damage over time multiplier.
Last edited by Hakairo on May 30, 2022, 9:07:07 AM
"
Aladon wrote:
Hey,

I crafted my new Bow today:

+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems
19% Attack Speed
Multi Mod
Gain 16% of Fire Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

And now I have 1 free space for either Fire Damage over time multiplier or minion atk speed. I cant deicide.

I play on Xbox, so I cant post a pob I think.
I have 2,20 attack rate with multiplier and 2,45 attack rate with minion atk speed.

On PoE trade I see that almost all Bows have multiplier and only a few minion atk speed, so I dont know ...

Thanks for the build btw, its really strong!

Ballistas arent Minions... You have to take Fire Damage over time multiplier.
We use this with the Spiritual Command anointment, I thought that would be clear.
So It actually gives our Totems 28% atk speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info