3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

As league start build.

Annoying things:

Balancing between resistances, spell suppression, accuracy rating, multiple re-specs in passive trees, low life, low mana, random one shots, +150 deaths within 4days of played, having invested +10exalteds and it's still not performing like 2ex trapper.

Nice things:

Easy 6link for cheap, turrets auto aim bot clear good, good clear speed, easy bossing due to turrets, not a lot buttons to smash.

Not saying I'm the best of the best, but +150deaths within 3days is too much for me, I have almost 2k hours of POE so I think I know the basics how to build and copy pobs.

In other words. Not the easiest build to get rolling, there's plenty of simpler, better league starters. This one is currency sink and upgrading in costs ridiculous amounts, like one 10ex unnatural jewel.

To be completely honest, this was the worst league start for me and I've played every single league so far. Might not be the case for you, but you have been warned. Prepare to get one clapped randomly - SENTINELS ARE MERCYLESS.
"
N1lJake wrote:
As league start build.

Annoying things:

Balancing between resistances, spell suppression, accuracy rating, multiple re-specs in passive trees, low life, low mana, random one shots, +150 deaths within 4days of played, having invested +10exalteds and it's still not performing like 2ex trapper.

Nice things:

Easy 6link for cheap, turrets auto aim bot clear good, good clear speed, easy bossing due to turrets, not a lot buttons to smash.

Not saying I'm the best of the best, but +150deaths within 3days is too much for me, I have almost 2k hours of POE so I think I know the basics how to build and copy pobs.

In other words. Not the easiest build to get rolling, there's plenty of simpler, better league starters. This one is currency sink and upgrading in costs ridiculous amounts, like one 10ex unnatural jewel.

To be completely honest, this was the worst league start for me and I've played every single league so far. Might not be the case for you, but you have been warned. Prepare to get one clapped randomly - SENTINELS ARE MERCYLESS.

I'm not nearly a poe god and it wasn't too bad for me after day 1 (post nerfs)?...

few things that helped were:

10% less dot damage mastery
2% hp while moving mastery
3% hp regen on flask
>4k hp.
disciple of unyeilding ammy anoint

I also think you need to adjust expectations a little as this league is harder. My EA baller is much tankier than the trapper I played last league.
"
N1lJake wrote:
As league start build.

Annoying things:

Nice things:

I think it's the league, not the build that is your issue.

This league was incredibly harder to league start compared to 3.17 and the build hasn't been changed.

In saying that, with 10ex invested, you should be comfortably farming end game (4ex bow + 2 ex clusters are only major purchases... Everything else you can get for cheap chaos until you want min max).

Stuff like unnatural instinct is nice to have.. it's not necessary though. For example, I literally only bought my Unnatural Instinct yesterday. Prior to this, I have already done all end game content (except Uber Bosses). We don't even need an enlighten or anything. I was running a cheap 4 socket Hyrris. Just drop Purity of Elements in the meantime.. again, it's just icing on the cake.

So the guide gives you a lot of options.. but you don't need it all to farm end game. You only need to spend 10+ex if you are wanting to push the build further and do Uber Bosses and Wave 30 Simuls.

But I must agree on league difficulty. Going through acts and early atlas was much harder this league.
Last edited by brunowa on May 26, 2022, 3:48:14 PM
Hi all,

I am having quite a bit of difficulty with the build, the damage seems fine overall, but the survivability is definitely troublesome. If you have some suggestions for me please let me know: https://poeplanner.com/b/gRy

I have about 2-3 ex left at the moment to get upgrades.

(I can't run PoB since I am playing on Mac through streaming... So I am using poeplanner)

Thanks!
IGN Essence: Shootyah
Is EA playable with Headhunter for mapping? Right now there are already a few ppl on Poeninja using it and with a possible buff incoming I imagine it to be a viable option for everyone who can't afford Mageblood.
"
Calden wrote:
Hi all,

I am having quite a bit of difficulty with the build, the damage seems fine overall, but the survivability is definitely troublesome. If you have some suggestions for me please let me know: https://poeplanner.com/b/gRy

I have about 2-3 ex left at the moment to get upgrades.

(I can't run PoB since I am playing on Mac through streaming... So I am using poeplanner)

Thanks!

Overall your build looks pretty solid.

You could swap out the Polaric Devastation and go for a more defensive ring.

You could also go a more defensive chest with life. But depends on how much DPS you would be willing to give up if you are comfortable with that.

Not sure what auras you are running, but Grace, Determin, Defiance Banner would be best for now.

Use your pantheon effectively. Brine King is best for most. Or Arakalli if degens are killing you a lot.

Ultimately, you need to work out what is killing you and then plug the gap.
"
is it better to get a polaric devastation wtih a high (20%) increased duration of ailments on enemies or a low (10%) increased duration of ailments on enemies?
Since it's an ignite build, won't a low increased duration mean that the full damage is applied over a shorter period of time?

duration stat doesn't matter on polaric. It won't make any difference in reality... or perhaps a tiny little extra duration on a boss if you die.

It doesn't stack larger ignite in a shorter time-frame... just prolongs the ignite.
"
N3ON444 wrote:
Is EA playable with Headhunter for mapping? Right now there are already a few ppl on Poeninja using it and with a possible buff incoming I imagine it to be a viable option for everyone who can't afford Mageblood.

EA is great with a Headhunter. I used it extensively when I first created the guide on Standard. It's not insane like a Kinetic Blaster stacking 50+ buffs, but you consistently have 5-20 or so. It was best in slot for mapping at least.

I have no idea what it would be like in it's current state though. Maybe later today I'll put one on my Archnemesis character and see what it feels like.
Last edited by brunowa on May 26, 2022, 6:56:40 PM
Is there any reason not to go Spiritual Command? I don't see anyone running it, but it's a lot of attack speed.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
"
Bmxant wrote:
Is there any reason not to go Spiritual Command? I don't see anyone running it, but it's a lot of attack speed.

Don't need it as we can get attack speed elsewhere to hit 20 fuses.

It's a lot of points to use, and for the bow craft it's better to use a damage mod (Fire DOT or Gain Fire Dmg as Chaos... or both).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info