3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
mylosnow wrote:
Can I get a tl;dr on why we want attack speed? Once a boss has ignite, more arrows hitting won't make it more ignited right?
Just confused because increasing attack speed in PoB does nothing for dps yet I see lots of people prioritizing it over DoT multi or ele damage w/ attacks.

Low attack speed = lower number of fuses sticking into enemy (eg 1 attack per second * 6 totems = 6 fuses in enemy).

High attack speed = higher number of fuses sticking into enemy (eg 2.5 attacks per second * 6 totems = 15 fuses = KABOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM... that's one PHAT ignite).

We can stack up to 20 fuses if you have enough attack speed and/or skill duration (fuses explode after 1 second).
"
Low attack speed = lower number of fuses sticking into enemy (eg 1 attack per second * 6 totems = 6 fuses in enemy).

High attack speed = higher number of fuses sticking into enemy (eg 2.5 attacks per second * 6 totems = 15 fuses = KABOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM... that's one PHAT ignite).

We can stack up to 20 fuses if you have enough attack speed and/or skill duration (fuses explode after 1 second).

Gotcha. So how do you determine if something is an upgrade or not if it's not accounted for in PoB? Like if I add 5% attack speed to my quiver it shows an increase in attack rate but nothing else.

I'm guessing you have to manually adjust the # of fuses but don't know what number to base it on.
Last edited by mylosnow on May 17, 2022, 8:41:06 AM
Hi sorry if it's posted somewhere in the build guide or other posts but I was wondering what flasks you are running?
Not much available flask wise

There's the attack speed regular flasks can roll, and maybe dying sun? I'd opt for the regular defensive setup, set to use on full. 2 health can be needed I suppose.
Hello Guys,

I just started playing POE this league. Been following this build so far. It progressing not too bad.

Slowly making into T6 and T7 map now.

Can someone check my build please, and any tips or advice for next few steps would be great =)

https://pastebin.com/gVJfTkqG

I have no idea what to upgrade first.

Thank you in advance
Hi,

- If 6 totems x 1 attack/s = 6 fuses ... so why do we need Rain of Splinters ? + Arrows does not count for fuses ?

- Do we need + lightning/cold flat damage on rings to increase the burning dps or is it better to have + % elemental dmg ?

- How does Flame Surge works vs bosses ? Is it just a add damage or for applying Combustion ? Can I link Culling strike with it ?

- Can I link Flammability curse with arcanist brand ?

Additional projectiles make it more likely to get high fuses if there are multiple targets or your single target is moving. Also, if the ballista is close enough to the target and the target is big enough, multiple projectiles can hit the same target.

Additional projectiles aren't needed if you have high enough attack speed and ignite dps but the QOL is massive and the downside minor. Everyone should be using rain of splinters at league start imo. The main reason not to use it is because you have a much better jewel to replace it with.
Anyone have data on whether the fire multi over time or fire to chaos better as a bow affix? Currently on a mac so can't run pob.
"
Xandharba wrote:
Hi,

- If 6 totems x 1 attack/s = 6 fuses ... so why do we need Rain of Splinters ? + Arrows does not count for fuses ?

- Do we need + lightning/cold flat damage on rings to increase the burning dps or is it better to have + % elemental dmg ?

- How does Flame Surge works vs bosses ? Is it just a add damage or for applying Combustion ? Can I link Culling strike with it ?

- Can I link Flammability curse with arcanist brand ?

You should compare flat and % ele damage in POB to see which is better for you.

Flamesurge creates burning ground under the target that does damage. Ancestral bond prevents flamesurge from doing hit damage so combustion and culling strike won't do anything. You need to put them on something like lightning trap.

You could have arcanist brand-flamesurge-flammability and lightning trap-combustion-culling strike. You could also link your stone golem to CWDT to automate it. You might need lifetap to resolve mana problems.
Hello

Can someone take a quick look at my POB?
Something is wrong, I hardly do any damage especially when I run maps T15+.
Furthermore, I can hardly withstand anything.

Was also destroyed today by the 2nd Searing Exarch without doing much damage.

Here is my POB
https://pastebin.com/MFipW3ER

My next investment targets are the Unnatural Instinct Jewel and Medium Cluster Jewel with Sleepless Sentry. But I doubt that this large will solve my problem. ( And 10ex you don't have very fast either).

EDIT:
I have also directed my Atlas Tree somewhat towards Eldrich Altare as this was quite lucrative last league.
However, the opponents are also correspondingly massively stronger.
Shouldn't the Atlas Tree as EA Ballsita be skilled in that direction?
Last edited by Dolewan on May 17, 2022, 4:58:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info