3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Hello everyone and good luck in new league in advance:) I really want to try this build in this league but when it comes to EA, I have some concerns. I tried it last league and damage didn't feel enough, also defence was not good enough (it was another build though, so it is not about this build). I navigated through some pages and gathered some information about how the build functions and advantages/disadvantages for going dps or defensive approach. I like well-balanced builds so I decided to go for the defensive one.

Anyway, with right amount of investment, I think dps would be enough to do all content (ofc with some knowledge about boss fights) but I have no idea how to craft some of these nasty gear pieces such as body armor with spell suppression, giga life + %life, res and armor/ev or boots with the same features. I have some basic knowledge when it comes to crafting but I only made research on the items I used in other builds, so this kind of crafting is kind of new for me.

My plan is to craft every piece other than rings, amulets, gloves and maybe quiver for which I will spend some money (this approach applies to end game, early game I will just use whatever I have and buy some upgrades). For white and yellow maps I will just go dps and do not care much about defence other than defensive auras (determination and purity of elements I guess), but for red maps, I want to gather some wealth and start crafting my own gear and switch to more balanced build.

If there is any experienced player who can provide some info on crafting end game bow/body armor/boots/helmet, that would be awesome:)

PS: Oh, and if someone can provide advice on the cluster jewels (other than the small one that give you endurance charges, I almost always use it on all of my builds), I would be more than happy:)
ing:Jamirryo
"
Holyjustice wrote:
Hello everyone and good luck in new league in advance:) I really want to try this build in this league but when it comes to EA, I have some concerns. I tried it last league and damage didn't feel enough, also defence was not good enough (it was another build though, so it is not about this build). I navigated through some pages and gathered some information about how the build functions and advantages/disadvantages for going dps or defensive approach. I like well-balanced builds so I decided to go for the defensive one.

Anyway, with right amount of investment, I think dps would be enough to do all content (ofc with some knowledge about boss fights) but I have no idea how to craft some of these nasty gear pieces such as body armor with spell suppression, giga life + %life, res and armor/ev or boots with the same features. I have some basic knowledge when it comes to crafting but I only made research on the items I used in other builds, so this kind of crafting is kind of new for me.

My plan is to craft every piece other than rings, amulets, gloves and maybe quiver for which I will spend some money (this approach applies to end game, early game I will just use whatever I have and buy some upgrades). For white and yellow maps I will just go dps and do not care much about defence other than defensive auras (determination and purity of elements I guess), but for red maps, I want to gather some wealth and start crafting my own gear and switch to more balanced build.

If there is any experienced player who can provide some info on crafting end game bow/body armor/boots/helmet, that would be awesome:)

PS: Oh, and if someone can provide advice on the cluster jewels (other than the small one that give you endurance charges, I almost always use it on all of my builds), I would be more than happy:)

Hi, I'm only a casual player, gonna try this build in 3.18. Don't know anything about crafting but found this video that seems pretty nice, for bow crafting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxFfGdozE_k&t=485s
Good luck !
Hi,

ty for the build, im gonna try it out for SSF this league, looks epic and i hope to finish the new endgame content with it!

My question is,

why a bilzzard crown when its all about ignite damage?
Did i miss some cold to fire conversion?
"
sdffvg wrote:
Hi,

ty for the build, im gonna try it out for SSF this league, looks epic and i hope to finish the new endgame content with it!

My question is,

why a bilzzard crown when its all about ignite damage?
Did i miss some cold to fire conversion?

It adds damage to the explosion, from which the ignite is calculated. The flat damage is a big boost, the fact that it's cold damage doesn't matter.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Khalline wrote:
"
Holyjustice wrote:

Hi, I'm only a casual player, gonna try this build in 3.18. Don't know anything about crafting but found this video that seems pretty nice, for bow crafting.
Good luck !
For Armour, I'd suggest using Hyrri's Ire. Saves on crafting. If you end up with a bunch of spare currency later in the league, then you can look into crafting one of the crazy rare life chests, but it's absolutely not required.

Boots are pretty easy to craft. Veiled chaos orb until you get a high movement speed unveil + life, then prefix lock at the bench and chaos until you get some decent resists and an open affix to craft whatever you like. Or you can chaos spam until you get decent resists, then suffix lock and veiled chaos until you get the move speed unveil.

Helm is also simple, the only thing you really care about is life and spell supression, so I start with a high level Blizzard Crown and hit it with Deafening Essense of Greed until I get Spell suppression. It's perfectly useable from there. If you have an extra open affix, craft whatever helps in the way of resistance.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Khalline wrote:
"
Holyjustice wrote:

Good luck !
For Armour, I'd suggest using Hyrri's Ire. Saves on crafting. If you end up with a bunch of spare currency later in the league, then you can look into crafting one of the crazy rare life chests, but it's absolutely not required.

Boots are pretty easy to craft. Veiled chaos orb until you get a high movement speed unveil + life, then prefix lock at the bench and chaos until you get some decent resists and an open affix to craft whatever you like. Or you can chaos spam until you get decent resists, then suffix lock and veiled chaos until you get the move speed unveil.

Helm is also simple, the only thing you really care about is life and spell supression, so I start with a high level Blizzard Crown and hit it with Deafening Essense of Greed until I get Spell suppression. It's perfectly useable from there. If you have an extra open affix, craft whatever helps in the way of resistance.

Ah, thanks for information on the crafting process, yeah, it seems I will just go for dps route in white/yellow maps until I make some money for late game maps/bosses.

Have fun all.
ing:Jamirryo
"
Holyjustice wrote:

Ah, thanks for information on the crafting process, yeah, it seems I will just go for dps route in white/yellow maps until I make some money for late game maps/bosses.

Have fun all.

Your gems and tree will mostly carry you DPS wise.

For gear, you should prioritise defence early on... otherwise you'll come back here complaining this build is squishy.

As you play you will get a feel for whether you need to upgrade DPS or defence.
Have done all the Uber Fights using my 3.17 character.

Here's Uber Maven (hardest fight in game)? It's really HARD! But an awesome challenge. This was my second attempt, I'm sure it will get a lot easier.

https://youtu.be/_A8A9b9y9To

The purpose of this vid is not to show a flawless fight (obviously, second attempt!). It's just to show that Uber bosses are doable with the build. But I would say that even though we CAN do these Uber Bosses, we won't be the BEST at them. I think we will see some very specific Uber Boss kill builds this league... probably some Aegis immortal builds being top. The fights ARE damn hard.
Last edited by brunowa on May 14, 2022, 6:49:02 AM
Currently leveling with this and works quite well for now, but one thing is confusing me, since I now reached Elemental Equilibrium in the skill tree.

Why do you pick this? Sure there many things that deal lightning damage but also fire damage from the balista making it impossible to control what type of exposure is on the enemy in the moment it matters. Or am I missing something or misunderstanding?

EDIT: nvm i understood now how this work. The hit of the ballista shot is something else than the explosion damage. So as long as the hit does not deal fire damage, it works.
Last edited by Hakairo on May 14, 2022, 2:40:49 PM
"
brunowa wrote:
"
Holyjustice wrote:

Have fun all.

Your gems and tree will mostly carry you DPS wise.

For gear, you should prioritise defence early on... otherwise you'll come back here complaining this build is squishy.

As you play you will get a feel for whether you need to upgrade DPS or defence.

Came here to complain about being squishy haha. What defensive stats should I be prioritizing? Spell supression? I seem to be dying alot. Any tips would help.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info