[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

Big thank you! My friend gave me his currency to try and get back into POE this league and your guide was amazing!

Do you have any suggestions for where I can make big improvements to my gear? Currently I feel like my HP is a little low.

Also, could you talk about your rotation on skills?

"
Ravianer wrote:

9)Bigger topic, maybe I will utilize POB a bit to check, what's better for my current state.

IMO it really depends on where you are with your DEX and resists.

If you go the route of hunter gloves the best choice would be to get it on a gripped gloves base which also gives projectile attack damage implicit. The cheapest one on poe trade at the moment is 10Ex and it has an OK cold resist roll on it (36%). For a more budget friendly option you can always go with whatever glove you can find with the resist stat you need.

What I really like about the gloves I have is it really opens up the ring and belt slot to not have to rely on high resist mods as much, which makes them a bit cheaper. It also adds a lot of crit chance which this build needs. With flask active i'm at 93%.

Buying gloves with both temple mods and a decent DEX roll (45ish) are kinda expensive. Really expensive if you want a T1 dex roll. If you get a pair you can harvest craft prefix rolls. I used harvest to reroll prefix until i got a decent life roll and another prefix. I then crafted suff cant be changed and hit it with an aisling to hopefully remove the crappy prefix, which it did. I didn't get the best unveil but thats ok (phys to fire isn't the worst thing I could have gotten). Then I just crafted the best mod I could for max DPS. Getting the two eldritch implicits didn't take as much currency as I thought it would so I'm really happy with them overall.

I'm currently at 1820 DEX and the hunter gripped gloves I found would only get me to 1958 DEX and I also lose 5% DPS as well as dropping 2 of my resists way below 75%. For me not worth it at all since I would really need to invest hard on my rings and belt to make up the resist loss. Only downside was I lost my harvest DEX enchant but thats ok, it wasn't pushing me above a threshold anyway.

Even if it did put me above the 2000 DEX threshold I wouldn't gain enough DPS from an extra ballista to justify it.

What I did for an extra ballista is get a corrupted wildwrap with +2 projectile gems implicit. This can also be expensive and hard to find the correct color sockets but once you get siege ballista to lvl 22 you get an extra one. Im currently at 17 ballista. You can also get a lvl 21 gem with +1 to all gems corrupt. Again this is very expensive. I think my chest was about 12 ex.
"
Hootbagz3 wrote:
Big thank you! My friend gave me his currency to try and get back into POE this league and your guide was amazing!

Do you have any suggestions for where I can make big improvements to my gear? Currently I feel like my HP is a little low.

Also, could you talk about your rotation on skills?

Hello there!

It's not super easy to get a ton of life with this build. I'm currently at 4800+ life and I would say thats pretty high. What is your life total currently? I'm seeing good life rolls on your rares. You can also get a few more levels and pick up golems blood on the tree as well as the 10% increased life mastery. There is a harvest enchant that adds life per quality on your chest as well if you feel you want a little more.

As far as gear, drop the mana flask. It's completely not needed at this point. Swap it for a good granite flask. If you can, you probably only need one life flask. Swap it with a jade flask. These two new flasks should help with your survivability so you don't need super high life.

A fairly inexpensive upgrade would be to get "shaman's dominion" annoint on your amulet.

The rest of your gear is pretty decent for your level. Keep leveling and filling out your tree and max your gem levels and get quality on them.

Once you get some currency you can look for stuff like a DEX implicit ring(s), wildwrap if your spell suppression is maxed without it, harvest crit chance enchant on bow, threads of hope (large ring), brutal restraint with good DEX rolls on it.

Hope this helps1. Good Luck!
Thats so far my strongest Build till now.

3200+ dex
23 Ballistas (not the end)
Even with Wildwrap DPS is still goood

If someone have some advices or need some

https://pastebin.com/9R5SjfC2
Last edited by jackeagle47 on Jul 13, 2022, 9:23:38 AM
I'm having a hard time with suvirvability, and my damage isn't enough to kill they very quick, having a very hard time beating maven, sirus and uber-elder...

1500 dex

What am I doing wrong?

Also using Brawn, Rain of Splinters, fluid motion, rare jewel with life and dex and cluster with totem speed and attack speed on casting totem.
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
Last edited by Marchosiae on Jul 17, 2022, 4:37:20 PM
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Ravianer wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to this build, so maybe you can help me out a bit about the next steps of improvement:

https://pastebin.com/0cUUTKQx

I have currently only around 3-5ex to spend.

Mapping T15 blue or yellow is quite ok, but single target is bad, even with switching to barrage support instead of hypothermia.

I tried a white polaric invitation and felt like zero DPS. Is it just about the level, being only 81 so far?

I think about getting new gloves with %dex next (currently ~1400), looking for harvest enchants for weapon and chest, as well as a better medium cluster.

Anything else I overlook so far?

Thanks in advance!

Ravi

I'll do my best to try and help you out. I'm no expert buy I've played this build two leagues in a row and I feel I have a pretty good grasp on it. I'll also try and list these from least expensive to most expensive.

#1 - You are only lvl 81, once you get upwards of 90 and above you can fill your tree out a bit more. Most of your gems aren't maxed so work towards getting them max level with 20% quality.

#2 - Change the "chance to get extra totem" mastery to the one that gives global crit.

#3 - I noticed right away you have your brutal restraint in the wrong spot. It's removing magebane for something that is unless to this build. Your spell suppression is currently 14%. Move the Brutal and you are over 100%. There are two locations people use. I personally like it in the southern most socket right next to Savagery node. Hit it with as many divines as you can afford to try and get the most DEX you can. Mine isn't the best but I was able to hit 3 +20 DEX nodes and and elemental damage node. It gives me 149 DEX when socketed. Some people like to socket it on the right hand side of the tree above fervour but I like to have a Threads of Hope there. You can check my tree to see what I've done.

#4 - Get yourself a Brawn jewel. One with MAX 6% DEX and STR are super cheap. Put it where you have your brutal restraint.

#5 - Consider swapping a flask for Dying Sun. This is a big DPS boost when active. I swapped out my jade flask for one.

#6 - Your boots should have 120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently. A pair of these are a bit cheaper at 1 ex but the added crit chance is needed.

#7 - Swap your helm enchant for Siege Ballista has increased attack speed. These are a bit expensive right now at 2 ex but put it on the list of things to upgrade.

#8 - You could look for a watcher's eye with one of the mods listed in the guide to replace your viridian jewel. I think the mod that gives crit chance when affected by hatred gives the most DPS.

#9 - I personally like the gloves I have. Double temple mods for extra crit against shocked and more damage against chilled plus it gives me a lot of resist. Gloves like this that also have flat DEX can be hard to find and a bit expensive. I added the Eldritch implicits myself so they were fairly cheap to craft. Having the Hunter cloves with a high DEX, %DEX and some sort of resist can be very expensive. The reason I dont go for the hunter gloves now is that I'm currently at 1820 DEX and they wouldn't put me over the 2000 DEX threshold for another ballista. Plus resists can be hard to max with this build due to all the uniques.

#10 - Save for a ring with %DEX implicit. They are expensive but a big boost to DEX if your resists are covered.

#11 - Anomalous Inspiration, Divergent Skitterbots, Divergent Bonechill are all a bit of an upgrade DPS wise from their normal versions, not absolutely necessary but if you have the funds after doing the above then consider them.

I hope these few tips help! Good Luck!

Sorry to barge in but i had a question and dont seem to find a clear answer regarding the Brutal restraint. At #3 you said to slam divines to get the most dex, would it be better to have high or low numbers on denoted service?
"
Lickyshot wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Ravianer wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to this build, so maybe you can help me out a bit about the next steps of improvement:

https://pastebin.com/0cUUTKQx

I have currently only around 3-5ex to spend.

Mapping T15 blue or yellow is quite ok, but single target is bad, even with switching to barrage support instead of hypothermia.

I tried a white polaric invitation and felt like zero DPS. Is it just about the level, being only 81 so far?

I think about getting new gloves with %dex next (currently ~1400), looking for harvest enchants for weapon and chest, as well as a better medium cluster.

Anything else I overlook so far?

Thanks in advance!

Ravi

I'll do my best to try and help you out. I'm no expert buy I've played this build two leagues in a row and I feel I have a pretty good grasp on it. I'll also try and list these from least expensive to most expensive.

#1 - You are only lvl 81, once you get upwards of 90 and above you can fill your tree out a bit more. Most of your gems aren't maxed so work towards getting them max level with 20% quality.

#2 - Change the "chance to get extra totem" mastery to the one that gives global crit.

#3 - I noticed right away you have your brutal restraint in the wrong spot. It's removing magebane for something that is unless to this build. Your spell suppression is currently 14%. Move the Brutal and you are over 100%. There are two locations people use. I personally like it in the southern most socket right next to Savagery node. Hit it with as many divines as you can afford to try and get the most DEX you can. Mine isn't the best but I was able to hit 3 +20 DEX nodes and and elemental damage node. It gives me 149 DEX when socketed. Some people like to socket it on the right hand side of the tree above fervour but I like to have a Threads of Hope there. You can check my tree to see what I've done.

#4 - Get yourself a Brawn jewel. One with MAX 6% DEX and STR are super cheap. Put it where you have your brutal restraint.

#5 - Consider swapping a flask for Dying Sun. This is a big DPS boost when active. I swapped out my jade flask for one.

#6 - Your boots should have 120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently. A pair of these are a bit cheaper at 1 ex but the added crit chance is needed.

#7 - Swap your helm enchant for Siege Ballista has increased attack speed. These are a bit expensive right now at 2 ex but put it on the list of things to upgrade.

#8 - You could look for a watcher's eye with one of the mods listed in the guide to replace your viridian jewel. I think the mod that gives crit chance when affected by hatred gives the most DPS.

#9 - I personally like the gloves I have. Double temple mods for extra crit against shocked and more damage against chilled plus it gives me a lot of resist. Gloves like this that also have flat DEX can be hard to find and a bit expensive. I added the Eldritch implicits myself so they were fairly cheap to craft. Having the Hunter cloves with a high DEX, %DEX and some sort of resist can be very expensive. The reason I dont go for the hunter gloves now is that I'm currently at 1820 DEX and they wouldn't put me over the 2000 DEX threshold for another ballista. Plus resists can be hard to max with this build due to all the uniques.

#10 - Save for a ring with %DEX implicit. They are expensive but a big boost to DEX if your resists are covered.

#11 - Anomalous Inspiration, Divergent Skitterbots, Divergent Bonechill are all a bit of an upgrade DPS wise from their normal versions, not absolutely necessary but if you have the funds after doing the above then consider them.

I hope these few tips help! Good Luck!

Sorry to barge in but i had a question and dont seem to find a clear answer regarding the Brutal restraint. At #3 you said to slam divines to get the most dex, would it be better to have high or low numbers on denoted service?

Now that it seems timeless jewels have been figured out I have no idea if higher or lower numbers are better as far as getting the best DEX rolls.
"
Marchosiae wrote:
I'm having a hard time with suvirvability, and my damage isn't enough to kill they very quick, having a very hard time beating maven, sirus and uber-elder...

1500 dex

What am I doing wrong?

Also using Brawn, Rain of Splinters, fluid motion, rare jewel with life and dex and cluster with totem speed and attack speed on casting totem.

First things first, be sure you are swapping to barrage support gem before any boss. This adds a ton of single target DPS.

The DoT cluster you have on your tree near your brutal restraint is doing nothing for you. I assume maybe you picked it up because it has extra DEX on it from your brutal restraint?

Unless the 5% increased attributes is giving you more DEX, that point should be spent on the +5 to DEX per mastery.

Instead of the extra totem mastery, pick up the one that adds crit strike chance when you summon a totem.

Siege ballista has increased attack speed enchant on helm.

Increased crit chance if you haven't killed recently enchant on boots is generally better for increased DPS.

Swap your rare jewel with a watcher's eye with one of the mods listed in the guide.

Put your brawn in your cluster jewel and get a Thread of Hope for that socket. Pick up the notables I've got on my tree. This will help your DPS.
So the takeaway from the balance manifesto is that this build seems to be untouched other than the removal of the sentinel boot mod.

I have read through a lot of this thread and it seems there are two kind of people posting. Those who love the build and says it wrecks all and keeps getting better with every investment. And those that dont feel the damage is there and dies a lot.

Can anybody give some quick tips on how I end up in the first group when I league start this? Is there a clear progression when you have the mandatory uniques and should you simply avoid mapping because it is too rippy?
I read that you should aim to have all uniques and around 1500 dex before you start doing end game bosses, is that correct? And if so how much currency would I roughly need to scrape together in order to get there within week 1-2?
"
Wuptidoo wrote:
So the takeaway from the balance manifesto is that this build seems to be untouched other than the removal of the sentinel boot mod.

I have read through a lot of this thread and it seems there are two kind of people posting. Those who love the build and says it wrecks all and keeps getting better with every investment. And those that dont feel the damage is there and dies a lot.

Can anybody give some quick tips on how I end up in the first group when I league start this? Is there a clear progression when you have the mandatory uniques and should you simply avoid mapping because it is too rippy?
I read that you should aim to have all uniques and around 1500 dex before you start doing end game bosses, is that correct? And if so how much currency would I roughly need to scrape together in order to get there within week 1-2?

I cant speak to the currency in 1-2 weeks thing since I'm a pretty slow player. I can say that the initial uniques you need to get going are pretty cheap, save for your first 6 link. You can get by pretty well with 5 links tho. I would say to be comfortable with starting end game bosses 1400 or 1600 DEX is good. Mapping is a breeze with this build.
I've responded to a lot of players who say they are not doing a lot of damage and die a lot. As far as dying a lot, this build doesnt have a super high life pool to begin with. Many time I find players have not specced the correct points in their tree. Getting 100% spell suppression is pretty key. Some elect not to take the Divine Guidance ascendancy. I've never once had issue with mana on this build so there really is no reason to not take it. Also having a really good flask setup will help you survive.
To be honset, if you feel you aren't doing enough damage there is usually something wrong with your setup, missing pieces/enchantments/annoints etc... This build can reach crazy level of damage with really high investment.
I never spent more than maybe 20-30 EX over the course of the league to get where I am and im over 25M DPS, which is plenty for any end game boss. I was able to run normal uber elder deathless for the first time with my current build.
This does not count the uber bosses tho, since I never bothered to learn any of them.
I have seen two versions of this build. One that uses a thread of hope on the right side of the tree and one that uses one or two large cluster jewels. I think the cluster jewel one can output more damage but you need to probably be well over level 94-95 to get all the points you need for it. I went the threads of hope route myself and only got up to 1800+ DEX.
I think the OP for this build had to take a league off due to health reasons. Hopefully he will be back next league and update the guide. If you follow his guide you will have no problems.

TLDR - This build absolutely shreds no mater what build you decide to go with. And with no major changes to it it will continue to shred next league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info