[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
Gymme_Axe wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:

Just found this when I turned in an inventory of breach rings. Is there anything I can do with this for this build. I'm not very versed in crafting. Or am I just better off selling it?

Why do you think it can add value to the build? I can't imagine ES-based siege ballista. I got the same mod this morning, easy sell for 10 ex.

As an item by itself it is useless however if you have spare currency and bravery you could try doing a combination craft with elevated % dexterity & attack speed per dexterity mods and then Aisling elemental ailment avoidance with crafted life to make a beasty item.

Have to admit it probably wont benefit you much though since you should be capping phys defence through the totems & flasks.
If you are ES based then it would, in theory double your ES but doubt that is the situation.

Still would be an awesome craft if you could pull it off.
"
Gymme_Axe wrote:

With hypothermia, it is 12.4 mill per totem. Regarding tankiness, don't look at it when Molten Shell is on, unless you worked hard on duration and cooldown of guard skills. Tick it off and check that tankiness afterwards. This build is not about defences. The best you can do (without sacrificing much damage) is to get ailment immune. Mageblood provides you with chaos/ele res cap and movement speed plus some damage.

What I was recently thinking of is to get melding of the flesh and invest into max cold res. You can get them on gloves, on the tree and from purity of ice. Yes, you need to invest into aura reservation and give up a bit of damage, but it might be worth it.

To my knowledge Molten Shell is not active, i purely look at the eHP to see what the maximum hits are and when applying Mageblood with your flasks (because of the 70% increased effect) it triples the eHP.

Without Mageblood that isnt really possible.

The Melding of the Flesh should be interesting to see. May take a bit of a damage hit though. Would need to sacrafice % Dex on Gloves and Chest to get 4% Max res (or any element) however with the gloves can get the Enlighten Mod for Purity of Ice. Then annoit Crystal Skin for another 2% max res. Total would be 10%. Not sure how to get the additional 5% without significant tree changes.

To be fair with just 24% increased dexterity loss, it actually wont impact that much at 2800+ dexterity.
"
Mentalmike wrote:
"
Gymme_Axe wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:

Just found this when I turned in an inventory of breach rings. Is there anything I can do with this for this build. I'm not very versed in crafting. Or am I just better off selling it?

Why do you think it can add value to the build? I can't imagine ES-based siege ballista. I got the same mod this morning, easy sell for 10 ex.

As an item by itself it is useless however if you have spare currency and bravery you could try doing a combination craft with elevated % dexterity & attack speed per dexterity mods and then Aisling elemental ailment avoidance with crafted life to make a beasty item.

Have to admit it probably wont benefit you much though since you should be capping phys defence through the totems & flasks.
If you are ES based then it would, in theory double your ES but doubt that is the situation.

Still would be an awesome craft if you could pull it off.

Thanks for the input. :). Ill just sell it off for some easy EX.
Sold off that grasping mail and found this for only 14 EX...

I did lose the DEX quality enchant but Im still at 1800 DEX and now have 17 ballista. This puts me at over 30 Million Sirus DPS.
Last edited by Zuuule on Jun 22, 2022, 10:36:17 AM
Great build, here is some feedback from someone who considers themselves a "hardcore casual" (Good enough to do the Feared, not hardcore enough to craft my own gear or even bother trying to learn how - for now).

This build saved me from quitting league after leaguestarting a cyclone shockwave slayer - terrible idea.

It's a little bit squishier than I'm used to but I think that's just due to playstyle. I'm used to LS or TR and usually die <20 times a league before hitting level 96/97, I've died 80 times so far.

I farm sentinel juiced legions and most of my deaths come from offscreen leap-slamming Karui rares, but I changed my playstyle to play from a little bit farther offscreen and the deaths have essentially stopped.

This build is also very good for Heist, I switch one of my life nodes to a second totem mastery "50% increased placement range" and that way you can place totems on the other side of the doors and watch the mobs get deleted. Used Heist to level from 95 to 96, don't think I even had to touch my health flask a single time.

POB says I'm at 35 million full DPS, 1800+ dex. I struggled to get it past 1400 in the earlier days but with small upgrades you can slowly push through to 1600 and then 1800 with a nice Brutal Restraint. Deleted Sirus yesterday, final phase took less than 2 seconds.

I'm incredibly lazy so I just bought a second 6L Iron Commander and corrupted Hyrri's with Point Blank, with all the awakened jewels, so that I can just swap into my bossing gems on the fly instead of gem swapping. Biggest QOL improvement I've ever made.

Will farm a bit more to try to push to 2000 dex, once I get there I'll probably just grind challenges and call it a league once I hit 30 or so.

EDIT: Just did Uber Exarch, took 5 tries and got him on the last portal of my last invitation. The degens are super rippy even with 1000+ regen and "fire of a thousand suns" is guaranteed death (for me). Maybe I should have started with an easier uber boss
Last edited by RicePaddyDaddy on Jun 22, 2022, 1:11:30 PM
First off I would like to say I love this build, this season is the most content I have ever been able to do, ever. Got my first solo Shaper kill and I am over the moon. I have always struggled because for some reason my brain just cannot process all of the options when it comes to not bricking a build. I have tried really hard this league and it has paid off, but I still feel like I am missing out.

I have decent gear (i think), not great but at least decent and I feel like my dmg is way under par. If i am doing it right, my POB with 14 ballista's up is 7m with hypothermia. I see everyone talking these ridiculous numbers and cant for the life of me see what I did wrong. I feel like my problem is with my tree? Would appreciate an assist here if someone has the time to take a look?

Also, I have hit a decent lick with heist in the last couple of days so I have 25 ex in currency for an upgrade somewhere, not sure what my priority should be?
"
Texas_Z wrote:
First off I would like to say I love this build, this season is the most content I have ever been able to do, ever. Got my first solo Shaper kill and I am over the moon. I have always struggled because for some reason my brain just cannot process all of the options when it comes to not bricking a build. I have tried really hard this league and it has paid off, but I still feel like I am missing out.

I have decent gear (i think), not great but at least decent and I feel like my dmg is way under par. If i am doing it right, my POB with 14 ballista's up is 7m with hypothermia. I see everyone talking these ridiculous numbers and cant for the life of me see what I did wrong. I feel like my problem is with my tree? Would appreciate an assist here if someone has the time to take a look?

Also, I have hit a decent lick with heist in the last couple of days so I have 25 ex in currency for an upgrade somewhere, not sure what my priority should be?

I can taker a look. Can you give me a PoB to look at?
"
Texas_Z wrote:

I'm like you, this build allowed me to access endgame content I've never dreamed of with any other build.

Your tree looks good save for two points you can reallocate. You still have point blank allocated but your quiver has it as the implicit. I also see a mana node that is totally not needed above your fineness node. If oyur life is looking good you could reallocate a health mastery point and use the three free points to get the jewel socket northwest of your timeless jewel. Move your watchers eye jewel there and get a split personality jewel with DEX and Health to put into your cluster. This will give you over 70 extra dex and make up a bit for the loss of life form the health node you reallocated.

For 25 EX you should be able to get a good %DEX (NON corrupted) implicit belt and ring and try and push your dex to 1600/1800. If they dont already have a high dex explicit roll, use essence of sorrow to max the amount of DEX you can get out of it.

One big thing to increase damage against bosses it to swap hypothermia with barrage SUPPORT. dont get the barrage skill gem. This will greatly increase your single target damage.

I found that eldritch gloves like the ones I have give me a lot more DPS then the hunter ones shown in the guide. I think they would only be worth it to me if they could push me above another DEX threshold. The other big advantage of the gloves i have is the resists it brings with double temple mods on them. You simply cant get that much resist on hunter gloves due to the DEX rolls taking up two suf spots.

Get DEX harvest enchant on your chest and harvest crit enchant on bow. Also try to get the 120% crit enchant on boots. Crit is huge in this build.

Dont forget to quality all your gems. I see a lot of them at lvl 20 with little or no quality.

Maybe think about replacing your topaz flash with a dying sun. Big jump in boss dps with that flask and its pretty cheap.

Once you can get your DEX to at least 1800 DEX you should be doing upwards of 25 mill Sirus DPS with barrage socketed. I was also able to get a corrupt wildwrap with +2 top projectile gems which gives me one exta ballista. My current DEX is exactly 1800 with 17 ballistas.
Last edited by Zuuule on Jun 23, 2022, 11:38:24 AM
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Texas_Z wrote:

I'm like you, this build allowed me to access endgame content I've never dreamed of with any other build.

Your tree looks good save for two points you can reallocate. You still have point blank allocated but your quiver has it as the implicit. I also see a mana node that is totally not needed above your fineness node. If oyur life is looking good you could reallocate a health mastery point and use the three free points to get the jewel socket northwest of your timeless jewel. Move your watchers eye jewel there and get a split personality jewel with DEX and Health to put into your cluster. This will give you over 70 extra dex and make up a bit for the loss of life form the health node you reallocated.

For 25 EX you should be able to get a good %DEX (NON corrupted) implicit belt and ring and try and push your dex to 1600/1800. If they dont already have a high dex explicit roll, use essence of sorrow to max the amount of DEX you can get out of it.

One big thing to increase damage against bosses it to swap hypothermia with barrage SUPPORT. dont get the barrage skill gem. This will greatly increase your single target damage.

I found that eldritch gloves like the ones I have give me a lot more DPS then the hunter ones shown in the guide. I think they would only be worth it to me if they could push me above another DEX threshold. The other big advantage of the gloves i have is the resists it brings with double temple mods on them. You simply cant get that much resist on hunter gloves due to the DEX rolls taking up two suf spots.

Get DEX harvest enchant on your chest and harvest crit enchant on bow. Also try to get the 120% crit enchant on boots. Crit is huge in this build.

Dont forget to quality all your gems. I see a lot of them at lvl 20 with little or no quality.

Maybe think about replacing your topaz flash with a dying sun. Big jump in boss dps with that flask and its pretty cheap.

Once you can get your DEX to at least 1800 DEX you should be doing upwards of 25 mill Sirus DPS with barrage socketed. I was also able to get a corrupt wildwrap with +2 top projectile gems which gives me one exta ballista. My current DEX is exactly 1800 with 17 ballistas.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Refunded the two wasted nodes that I missed, but I cannot see a jewel socket within 3 points? Were talking about the one 5 points away NE of my Thread of Hope? I have the regrets so Imma try that out.

I do swap both Barrage and Dying Sun in on bosses Hypo and Topaz are my mapping/Heist setup.

Ok had this reply open for a while, did some tweaking... Moved the jewels around, decided to sac a life wheel (took me down to 4k) and added a second split personality, bought a new belt and swapped the enchant on my boots... went from 7m (with hypo) and 14 ballista's to 11m and 15. Barrage does 21.5m.

So definitely made some progress. Gloves are next and I think that will give me my 16th ballista. Currently 1759 dex. Ill look for the harvest enchants in my travels. Im also looking at those rings but at 12 ex just for the base they are way less bang for the buck.

Again, thank you for the input, guess my brain just needed a little kickstart.
"
Texas_Z wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Texas_Z wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Refunded the two wasted nodes that I missed, but I cannot see a jewel socket within 3 points? Were talking about the one 5 points away NE of my Thread of Hope? I have the regrets so Imma try that out.

I do swap both Barrage and Dying Sun in on bosses Hypo and Topaz are my mapping/Heist setup.

Ok had this reply open for a while, did some tweaking... Moved the jewels around, decided to sac a life wheel (took me down to 4k) and added a second split personality, bought a new belt and swapped the enchant on my boots... went from 7m (with hypo) and 14 ballista's to 11m and 15. Barrage does 21.5m.

So definitely made some progress. Gloves are next and I think that will give me my 16th ballista. Currently 1759 dex. Ill look for the harvest enchants in my travels. Im also looking at those rings but at 12 ex just for the base they are way less bang for the buck.

Again, thank you for the input, guess my brain just needed a little kickstart.

The jewel socket I was referring to is just to the right of Martial Experience. Take the two strength nodes south from Iron Grip keystone to get to it. This way you dont have to take away from that life wheel.
If you have any currency left you can try for a %DEX implicit ring. Non corrupted ones are pretty expensive tho.

Also, if you are close to a DEX threshold you could get DEX harvest enchant on chest and a perfectly rolled astramentis. They actually aren't too expensive. I picked one up for less than an EX.
Last edited by Zuuule on Jun 23, 2022, 5:14:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info