Melee Splash

"
deathmongoose wrote:
See you face a basic problem of basicly every game. There is always going to be a few builds that are just the most effective. Balancing this to 100% is impossible. You are talking about clearing speed here not viability if I understand you right. I always love to have a viable but less effective build than having the 1000000000th LA character.

However it is maybe early for me to make statements. Once I leveled up my Duelist and reached the maps I will have more insight.

Perfect balance isn't necessary, and isn't what we're asking for. We're not talking about x build kills 5% faster than y build. If you've ever tried to do maps on a melee when grouped with a bunch of LA rangers you'd know that it is just stupid. You're never going to get to hit anything except bosses, which are few and far between.

On the off chance you do get near monsters to attack them, good luck actually finding them to click on in the sea of graphical effects from the other players in the map, too.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 8, 2013, 3:47:44 PM
"
"
deathmongoose wrote:
See you face a basic problem of basicly every game. There is always going to be a few builds that are just the most effective. Balancing this to 100% is impossible. You are talking about clearing speed here not viability if I understand you right. I always love to have a viable but less effective build than having the 1000000000th LA character.

However it is maybe early for me to make statements. Once I leveled up my Duelist and reached the maps I will have more insight.

Perfect balance isn't necessary, and isn't what we're asking for. We're not talking about x build kills 5% faster than y build. If you've ever tried to do maps on a melee when grouped with a bunch of LA rangers you'd know that it is just stupid. You're never going to get to hit anything except bosses, which are few and far between.

On the off chance you do get near monsters to attack them, good luck actually finding them to click on in the sea of graphical effects from the other players in the map, too.

+1
You voice my thoughts better than I ever could.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
True I never played maps with melee before as my only maping character is an EK based Ranger. I'll do my best to lvl up my duelist asap to experience maps with melee myself.
"
deathmongoose wrote:
True I never played maps with melee before as my only maping character is an EK based Ranger. I'll do my best to lvl up my duelist asap to experience maps with melee myself.

It doesn't necessarily even need to be maps. Just join a group of LA rangers at merci docks and you will see for yourself.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Oh I never ever play with other people. Solo only.
"
deathmongoose wrote:
Oh I never ever play with other people. Solo only.

/FACEPALM
DISCLAIMER!
anyone have tried it with a big weapon like marohi erqui+ heavy strike?

"
Sammael wrote:
anyone have tried it with a big weapon like marohi erqui+ heavy strike?

It's not the size that counts, its how you... yea I wish I had a big one to test
DISCLAIMER!
To work properly it really need to be 20% Quality and most Area range nodes.

Hmm... I wonder if you end up getting double the radius bonus with Marohi. Would the infernal blow get radius AND splash too? Would it add up? Or is it just like linking a inc aoe gem to the whole thing? For that matter... would linking an inc aoe gem do anything in a marohi?

My head hurts.
DISCLAIMER!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info