[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

"
SFadray wrote:
Have you tryed using petrified blood?

Yup, when I first started using Boneshatter several leagues ago I started with Petrified Blood, but it just didn't seem worth it.

Should work fine, if you wanna go that route.

GL
Ah i didnt say that i was asking about Lancing steel not boneshatter.
"
SFadray wrote:
Ah i didnt say that i was asking about Lancing steel not boneshatter.

Ah, gotcha.

PB is not really needed for the Champ, it's tanky enough as it is.

GL

EDIT: I see that there are actually quite a few Lancing Steel Champs being played. I am not playing Lancing itself. I am focused on Splitting and just use Lancing for bosses.

I have used Anomalous Lancing for mapping to test it and it works well enough, but playing it as a mapping skill requires focusing on it exclusively for more Impale Chance and +Projectiles, but in testing, the projectile explosions from Splitting Steel have better clear, especially for what I am doing, which is mostly farming T16 Crimson Temple using Palsteron's "Wandering Path" + "Singular Focus" + "Stream of Consciousness" strategy.

For those unfamiliar with this strat, it's amazing! You make multiple raw EX + expensive div cards per day. He runs Glacier mostly and I mostly do Crimson Temple, but you can switch to either in a second, as it's just a matter of switching your favorite maps. Here is the guide for that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xLYQW-S8ps

And a short example of what the farming looks like and how tanky this guy already is:

Now mind you these are not your average T16 mobs, they are tanky and hit hard, as they are buffed by grabbing all these nodes in the Atlas Tree:

And an example of what you get:

**Click for HD GIFs with sound (bottom right)

GL

EDIT 2: I also noticed that most of the Lancing Steel players are not using Leadership's Price, meaning they are not taking advantage of Brittle, not to mention the additional +Max Res the amulet provides. I believe this to be a big mistake and I suspect that my setup might feel smoother mapping than most others, as they are chasing Crit Chance the traditional way and have to run Crit Chance Support, while I can run another full DPS support instead of it.

Yes, I have tested and I can easily achieve Max Brittle of 15% on bosses NP!:

Not to mention not a single one of them is running Skitterbots, nor gain Endurance Charges when Hit, nor gain Phasing on Kill, nor have triple explody with Haemophilia + Devastator (Cluster) + Call of Steel, nor have 82/81/82 Max Res, nor have base Culling Strike linked somewhere, yet they did all pick up Determination, which REALLY IS NOT NEEDED for a Champ... I would know, I came from playing a Jugg and it's just stupid how tanky Champ already is. Determination is a waste of Mana Reservation IMHO.

Anyway... apologies for the diatribe ;)

GL again..
Last edited by corosou on Jun 3, 2022, 7:01:50 PM
3.18 Splitting Steel Champ Update!

Hi Guys,

Been a while, build is fully fleshed out, so I wanted to show you all the ridiculous gear I've been able to get for this guy:

Everything was pretty cheap. Nothing worth more than 10ex at the time it was purchased. The most expensive was The Saviour at 6ex.

The double corrupted chest was 20c, so the cost came in 6S/6L it corrupted, which was about 5ex in fuse/vaals. Actually, all the double corrupted stuff was/is pretty cheap as of this writing...

The enchants you can get from TFT service. I highly recommend you whisper "@imissnerfpn" or Discord "S3#6445" for any Lab Enchant service.

The boot enchant was 50c and the helmet was 2ex with 3 options you can get:

1) 75% Herald of Purity Res
2) 30% Purity of Elements Res
3) 45% Skitterbots Res

Either one of these will get you the same result.

I can go into a lot more detail, but rather here's a PoB showing all of it: https://pobb.in/neqlHU1FMhWE

**Note - I also figured out how to properly calculate The Saviour in PoB. You have to check "Full DPS" for both your main skill (Splitting Steel, etc) + "Full DPS" for "Reflection" itself. Then both will be added under the "Full DPS" at the bottom of the left stats section:

As always, keep in mind the Config page is setup to show "MAX POTENTIAL DPS", so you guys get an idea of what effects I've attempted to take advantage of. Meaning you are not going to sustain ~60M DPS 100% of the time, that is just silly...

PoB is just a math tool to let you see what temporary effects can do and this game is all about temporary effects. The reason I always post videos along with anything I do, is so you can judge yourselves how the build looks in-game rather than just a PoB theory-craft that may not work as advertised.

GL

EDIT: Forgot to mention a very important detail!!

In order to fit in Leadership's Price, you have to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL of the rolls you get on corrupted gear. You will need to balance your STR/DEX based on the rolls of your Leadership's Price + Paradoxica + Haemophilia + Circle of Guilt and fine-tune with a Large Cluster Jewel with +STR/DEX to make sure they are exactly the same, or else Leadership will not work.

EDIT 2: Assuming you put this together and are farming the same content. Do notice I selected the proper Pantheon perks for Ex-Arch Influence farming.

!!!!DO NOT ATTEMPT FARMING EX-ARCH INFLUENCE WITHOUT IMMUNITY TO BURNING GROUND!!!!

EDIT 3: Just thought of something else...

During farming, once you are fully geared, you may have to take off your Saviour and put it back on to turn off the adds, then not attack as you deploy your Pandemonium Sentinel charges, as the Reflection boys WILL WIPE OUT the pack before the Sentinel gets its charge off!
Last edited by corosou on Jun 3, 2022, 9:00:38 PM
On your expirience, what build will be better for ubers, boneshatter or spliting steel?
"
SFadray wrote:
On your expirience, what build will be better for ubers, boneshatter or spliting steel?

Definitely Splitting Steel, but I've never tried the new Uber bosses. They are just not my type of content, so I don't know what's required to do them, I just know they would probably just piss me off and make me want to quit the league earlier.

As my friend who has tried them explained, they are all full of cockblock bs (degens that never dissipate, etc) that makes them incredibly tough to complete with non-meta builds.

So, I can say I take out Searing Ex-Arch pretty easily (except the bs ball phase), so DPS is definitely there, but I don't think I've invested enough into survivability to pull them off...

If this game has taugh me anything is that it will (almost) ALWAYS be better to sacrifice defenses if they mean you can get a significant boost to DPS, as the best defense is killing before you can be killed.

And so, that has always been my approach, and it was worked well enough for my purposes and for those of the many people who have posted about their success with my builds.

BUT! I don't think that approach works for that type of content.

I guess you could stack Armour, go Iron Reflexes, Defiance Banner and Aegis Aurora. It's so broken, it should keep you alive, but you'll lose The Saviour... Should be doable though.

Either way, don't play melee this league... it's just asking for a headache.

GL

EDIT: just wanted to clarify that for Ubers you would NOT use Splitting Steel, you would do them with Lancing Steel instead, which has much much better single target DPS.
Last edited by corosou on Jun 4, 2022, 1:04:26 AM
3.16 Splitting Steel Video Update: T16 Crimson Temple

Hi Fellas,

Just in time for the weekend to show you how the build is really looking.

I had been hoping to get a buttery-smooth run of T16 Crimson Temple with some nice juicy drops to entice you guys to check out the build.

Well, I think this one should do the trick ;)

3.18 Splitting Steel - T16 Crimson Temple (Palsteron Farming Strat Showcase)

Now, if you tell me that doesn't make you wanna give Splitting Steel some luv, I dunno what will convince you guys... ;)

Enjoy!
Hi, i have little problem about your bulid. Idk how your pride set working. When i used that comobo Pride don't work Soo i must again click Pride and same... Second problem was berserk same not work. Mby was a stupid but i sunday player :/ can you explain how fix that? thx
"
Zaweus wrote:
Hi, i have little problem about your bulid. Idk how your pride set working. When i used that comobo Pride don't work Soo i must again click Pride and same... Second problem was berserk same not work. Mby was a stupid but i sunday player :/ can you explain how fix that? thx

Hi,

1) You need "Divine Blessing + Pride + Lifetap". We do not reserve mana for Pride.

2) We don't use "Enlighten". Buy a cheap corrupted helmet with "Socketed skills get a 90% cost & reservation multiplier" and put all mana reservation skills in it:
Like this:

Trade search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/B48le44T8

To get the socket colors on helmet you will need A LOT of Vaal orbs. Follow this video how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4heddzdrNw

3) Berserk we can only use after we have accumulated Rage. You need a Cluster Jewel with "Bloodscent" to gain Rage. You will need to search for a Megalomaniac with Bloodscent + other mods that are useful for this build. You'll need to figure which to buy on your own, as there are way too many options for me to list:

Trade search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/aVkjYoKSe

Last, here's a PoB export of my 3.18 toon, make sure you follow it carefully, if you aren't sure about what you are doing: https://pobb.in/_kqy0KY5iFlY

Otherwise, your toon is looking good! Keep up the good work :)

GL

EDIT: Make sure you get Leadership's Price soon! Without it your critical strike chance will be bad...
Last edited by corosou on Jun 8, 2022, 2:49:04 PM
Thx to answer i try get some more currency and fix my hero. I will let you know if it was successful ;)

btw. why Leadership's Price soon was important?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info