[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

"
Btw, I managed to make this build work and am on my way to clearing semi-juiced t16s efficiently now despite my gear being lacklustre. I highly wouldn't recommend playing melee at this stage of the game or copying my build unless you really know what you are doing or are just insane like I am.

If anyone is still interested in boneshatter jugg gameplay, then feel free to PM me in game at NoobNoobonRoids or drop me a PM and we can share ideas on how to make the build better.

Ahh thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you're having success farming T16s.

Keep us posted...

GL

EDIT: Just took a peek at your toon. Solid setup! Well done :)
Last edited by corosou on May 20, 2022, 4:31:58 AM
Hi, there. Thank you for the guide, I'm sticking with the original version, since I wanted to play a Juggernaut.

In this way, which would be the optimized version for boneshatter setup for mapping/bossing?

Because here it says:
**Mapping: Ancestral Call + Melee Phys / Melee Splash / Behead / Inc. Crit. Strikes
**Bossing: Brutality + Melee Phys / Close Combat / Ruthless / Inc. Crit. Strikes

But in POB there is:
Boneshatter 21/20 Default 1
Awakened Multistrike 5/20 Default 1
Impale 21/20 Default 1
Increased Critical Strikes 21/20 Default 1
Awakened Melee Physical Damage 5/20 Default 1
Awakened Brutality 5/20 Default 1
Awakened Ancestral Call 5/20 Default DISABLED 1
Melee Splash 20/20 Alternate2 DISABLED 1
Behead 21/20 Default DISABLED 1

(Although I still don't have the awakened versions/currency to buy it)
"
ilizan wrote:
Hi, there. Thank you for the guide, I'm sticking with the original version, since I wanted to play a Juggernaut.

In this way, which would be the optimized version for boneshatter setup for mapping/bossing?

Because here it says:
**Mapping: Ancestral Call + Melee Phys / Melee Splash / Behead / Inc. Crit. Strikes
**Bossing: Brutality + Melee Phys / Close Combat / Ruthless / Inc. Crit. Strikes

But in POB there is:
Boneshatter 21/20 Default 1
Awakened Multistrike 5/20 Default 1
Impale 21/20 Default 1
Increased Critical Strikes 21/20 Default 1
Awakened Melee Physical Damage 5/20 Default 1
Awakened Brutality 5/20 Default 1
Awakened Ancestral Call 5/20 Default DISABLED 1
Melee Splash 20/20 Alternate2 DISABLED 1
Behead 21/20 Default DISABLED 1

(Although I still don't have the awakened versions/currency to buy it)

I am not listing the full supports there, I am telling you what options you have to choose from:

Mapping: Ancestral Call + (Melee Phys or any of the others listed)
Bossing: Brutality + (Melee Phys or whichever of the others listed)

Pick whatever you want to run. Experiment, figure out what works best for your playstyle.

GL
Thank you for the build, corosou!
It was realy hard for the start of the maps, but now T16(even under sentinels) and bosses are killable pretty fast <3
"
Dogmevich wrote:
Thank you for the build, corosou!
It was realy hard for the start of the maps, but now T16(even under sentinels) and bosses are killable pretty fast <3

Nice, you're welcome! That's what I like to hear :)

Thanks for posting about your experience with the build.

GL
3.18 Splitting Steel Update: Early Endgame Tested/Passed!

Hi Guys,

Been a while... You may have noticed I locked down my characters. Reason I did that is cuz I really like what I've been able to put together with Splitting/Lancing Steel and I wanted to make sure I would have time to gather all the gear, so I could put it all together properly and showcase it for you guys.

Now, if you don't know me, all my builds are thoroughly in-game developed and tested, not just theory crafted/on-paper creations, although of course, I spend A LOT of time on PoB theory crafting as well.

Additionally, I rarely play anyone else's builds, so if it sucked I just wouldn't share it with you and I put my reputation on the line when I say that.

My builds also usually use some of the cheapest and most under-appreciated uniques/skills I can find (at the time) and that is certainly the case for this new one. This makes it easy for you guys to get started as the market is usually flooded with cheap versions of these items.

But just because I use cheap/neglected gear/skills, that doesn't mean build viability is compromised. I hope my record speaks for itself and that you can trust that you won't be lead wrong, or be pushed into a situation where you'll be playing a bs build not capable of handling 3.18.

Anyway... I've been working on it a lot and it's worked out better than I expected.

So far I've been able to do:

• Eater of Worlds
  • Searing Exarch
  • Simulacrum 20
  • Shaper
  • Elder
  • Almost killed Maven

And a lot of these were done when I had much much worse gear/setup than I have now.

I also ran a lot of T16 Untainted Paradise and Coward's Trial ROTAs and I was often the one doing the carry/clear ahead of the group, which felt awesome as they were often meta builds like LS, etc. and they just couldn't even get a shot off before my Bleed/Impale explody had already popped the pack.

Speaking of gear/setup here are the goodies:

As you can see I've gone Bleed Explody and it, combined with Call of Steel/Impale Explody, are amazing for map clearing!

Bleed chance comes from Chance to Bleed (Divergent Chance to Bleed has a "MORE" modifier btw), along with Anomalous Brutality, Anomalous Vicious Projectiles, Anomalous Pride and Vulnerability on hit, put us at 96% Chance to Bleed, which is more than enough, but you can cap it in tree, if you'd like.

For weapons I went Dual Wield with Beltimber + The Saviour for the additional projectiles, since we leap around always, along with Far Shot, which makes it so that the further away we attack from, the more damage we do. The Saviour boys do a lot of the clearing for us and I've not bothered to try to scale Reflection, as DPS has been more than enough, but that is certainly an option.

To offset the DPS loss at close range from Far Shot, I've also picked up Point Blank in the tree.

This combo of Far Shot + Point Blank puts us in a "sweet spot" for both point blank and ranged damage.

Here's a nice graph from the wiki showing this interaction:

So, as you can see, between 10 - 70 yards, we scale well with both active.

Additionally, for bossing/single-target you can switch Beltimber to one of the cheap Paradoxica (you'll need to make sure you have enough dexterity to wear it) options I listed.

Keep in mind that when we switch to Paradoxica, only Point Blank will be active, so you'll want to keep your target within 10 yards.

If you're unfamiliar with distances in PoE, here's a nice graph showing it:

One other thing, if switching to Paradoxica doesn't feel like a big enough DPS boost, you can also switch to Lancing Steel instead, which is a lot better for bossing. No need to change the supports, both skills use the same.

If you want to see the difference in DPS between Beltimber vs Paradoxica, make sure you go to the Config Page and set "Projectile travel distance: 70" for Beltimber and "Projectile travel distance: 12" for Paradoxica.

Personally, I have not bothered to switch to Paradoxica to do any of the bosses; I've done everything with Beltimber.

If you also want, you can switch the Sword Mastery from mob reduced block chance to chance to gain Frenzy from Uniques, which will help a lot for bossing.

The other worthy mention are all the jewels. As you can see, I was able to fit in the brand new Impossible Escape which gives us some easy DPS pickings around Crimson Dance (one of the cheapest options), along with last league's Forbidden Flame/Flesh.

For those, I OF COURSE went with one of the cheapest/most neglected, which is "Worthy Foe". However, picking it means that we need to Taunt in order to proc it. Fortunately, we have various methods to taunt: #1 Enduring Cry, #2 Basalt Flask and #3 Shrieking Bolts on the Medium Cluster Jewel for a small passive bonus. We don't really NEED this added damage, but it's very nice to have, especially for packs/bosses that are right on top of you.

I am also taking advantage of several mechanics which although don't have very high uptime, can be easily taken advantage off: #1 Sinvicta's Rampage - just start off your map with Sinvicta until the Rampage bonus starts, then switch back to your swords and the bonus will continue to accumulate (kinda annoying to maintain if you lose it though, so you need very good map density). #2 Rage/Berserk - we don't have a great way to generate Rage, but I found that very nice Megalomaniac with Bloodscent. It's not perfect, but it works well enough to have Rage mapping and to use Berserk during the boss. You can still use the old trick of Emancipation + Rotblood + Temporal Chains to start bosses with max Rage, but I haven't bothered to. You can also grab some "Phasing" in tree, should you want to, but in my testing Leap Slam was enough to get out of Ice Prison, etc.

Besides that, we have a lot of crit chance, around 90%+ and can go higher. This combined with our Surgeon's Flasks means they're pretty much always full.

Another interaction that I wanted to mention is Adrenaline, which we can proc on-demand through the Divine Blessing + Pride + Lifetap. You'll need to cast it twice, but really, you will barely notice the damage, because as soon as you proc it, it will heal you for 25% life and if you time it correctly, you can follow that with an Enduring Cry to get back to full life right away.

I think that about covers the basics. There are more details I didn't go into, but trust me, this build is a lot of fun and probably will deserve a guide of its own for next league...

For now, enjoy and try to get in on this action, if you are struggling with melee, as with this build using Beltimber, your DPS increases the further away you attack from ;)

Lastly, here's a couple more bits of info, so you can get an idea of the build's endgame viability:

A run of a juicy T16 Minotaur: Youtube: 3.18 Splitting Steel Champ - T16 Minotaur (Mapping Showcase)

And the all important PoB Export: https://pobb.in/WbJQSThNvbW_

In short: I always had a feeling Splitting Steel was awesome, and it turns out that it is! Give it a shot, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. I think my record speaks for itself, I wouldn't lead you guys wrong ;)

As always, I'll keep tweaking, looking for new tricks. If I come up with anything interesting, I'll post an update, but as is, you're good to go!

And will you look at that... Just in time for the big patch that'll hopefully fix a lot of the issues and just enough time to level a Champ for the weekend! :)

Enjoy! (more vids soon...)

EDIT: one key thing I forgot to mention. Chaos Resistance is a big deal and those Poison Volatiles are no joke. I've been able to deal with them with my Flask (-16 Chaos res) and my zoominess, but you might want to look into some jewelry with Chaos Res

EDIT 2: If you're unfamiliar with "The Saviour" in PoB you either need to edit it and add "100% more attack damage" to it or in the Config page add it under "Custom modifiers" so that the "Reflection" DPS is calculated

EDIT 3: Made a lot of progress... Maven, Uber Elder, Sirus, The Formed all down!
Last edited by corosou on May 27, 2022, 5:13:18 AM
3.18 Splitting Steel Update: 6-man Party Showcase!

Hi Guys,

So, I decided to join the public party of an aura bot hosting free red maps, so I could get a better sense for how the build performs in a 6-man group, in semi-juiced maps.

And well... I'll let you guys judge for yourselves how the build is looking:

YouTube: 3.18 Splitting Steel Champ - Red Maps 6-man Party Showcase

The last clip is especially interesting, because I was able to compare my toon to a Tornado Shot, and I think I stack up pretty well, all things considered...

Also, regarding the state of the game, running these maps I could definitely feel that this latest patch has finally returned the game to a much more saner version of itself.

Yes, it can still get rippy, but at least it's now within the realm of human reaction time to keep oneself alive.

Enjoy!
I'm trying to level using this guide, but there is information missing both in the POB, and in the screenshots of the tree being used.

For example leech mastery node. In the POB it only shows the final tree, and I can't scale it back to the path taken up to level 24, or up to level 30, etc.

On top of that the screen shot of course you can't hover to see what perk you took out of that node.

This issue will happen on any node later on too.

Can someone tell me what leech perk to take?
"
Arsicx wrote:
I'm trying to level using this guide, but there is information missing both in the POB, and in the screenshots of the tree being used.

For example leech mastery node. In the POB it only shows the final tree, and I can't scale it back to the path taken up to level 24, or up to level 30, etc.

On top of that the screen shot of course you can't hover to see what perk you took out of that node.

This issue will happen on any node later on too.

Can someone tell me what leech perk to take?

Sounds like you're just thinking too much about it. It's a leech node, it's not going to either make or break the build... Just move on, pick it or don't pick it, do the best you can.

This game is going to challenge you and figuring out what nodes to get in the tree is the least of your concerns at the stage you were at when you posted this.

GL
Have you tryed using petrified blood?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info