[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

"
waiinzz wrote:
Hey Guys,

Im am stuggeling pretty much surviving red maps. I get random one shot pretty frequently and I can't even manage to level past lvl 91.

Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/E30Nx4uV

Hi, this game is rough on new players and struggling is part of the game.

I rarely look at people's PoBs or do in-depth analysis. If I felt inclined so, I might have taken a quick look at your toon, if your characters were public, which they aren't.

I wrote a detailed guide so I wouldn't have to fix people's individual issues. I assure you, the guide has all the info you need.

Also, asking for help with a "please" goes a long way, not just "here is my PoB fix it"... Just basic politeness IMHO.

Finally, you can take a look at the last pages of this thread and you can see regular posts from the beginning of 3.17 showing how I geared up. Just copy that.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Feb 15, 2022, 10:02:33 AM
3.17 Recognition and thanks

Hi Fellas,

So, was just checking to see how my DPS was ranking in poe.ninja and I'm doing pretty well, sitting at #2 with my single target setup:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Boneshatter&sort=dps

I also noticed there are quite a few of you playing the build now, while the past two leagues it was pretty much just me up there; this warms my heart! :)

So, to those of you who have tried this build: much appreciated! And special thanks to those who posted kind words about it here on the forum.

A lot of you took a chance with a skill and class that get a lot of undeserved hate, and are often brought up on reddit as both being in a bad state and needing to be fixed...

WHAT A BUNCH OF BS!

Anyway, thank you for taking this journey with me!

GL
3.17 Video Update: Sirus

Hi Guys,

Build is feeling pretty sweet! Much tankier than 3.16.

One of my smoothest Sirus kills ever:

Youtube: 3.17 Boneshatter Jugg - Sirus (Full Run, Deathless)

Enjoy!
I'm at lvl83, doing white maps still, but unfortunately I ran into the same problems as others mentioned... Single target damage feels really low (around 1m in POB) and I have a LOT of close calls, even some random blue monsters almost kills me sometimes with 1 or 2 hits.
I have capped 79% all ele. resist with ailment immunity, 4.3k life, 30k armour. Spell suppression is just 10%, so that might be the problem.
ummm, is there a pob link for updated build in first page ? I cannot find out.
"
vikdean wrote:
I'm at lvl83, doing white maps still, but unfortunately I ran into the same problems as others mentioned... Single target damage feels really low (around 1m in POB) and I have a LOT of close calls, even some random blue monsters almost kills me sometimes with 1 or 2 hits.
I have capped 79% all ele. resist with ailment immunity, 4.3k life, 30k armour. Spell suppression is just 10%, so that might be the problem.

My man you must be new to the game if you think you're not going to struggle and get one shot in PoE...

The best players in this game create builds and characters specifically designed to not get one-shot and then they go run them in blue rolled maps, just to be safe, and EVERY DAY you see rips of them posted on reddit.

FFS, you're lvl 83 and have really bad gear, and you obviously didn't read what I said about physical damage in the main post.

You have 3 of the Uniques I call for, all non enchanted or corrupted, plus rings, amulet, boots, belt, chest that cost less than 1ex altogether. Also lvl 18-19 gems.

What were you expecting here? That you put the bare minimum of gear together and all of the sudden you can match my toon?

Look at my character my man, I've been working at it since day one non-stop farming to buy many EX worth of gear. You have a lot of work to do!

Have you done that yet? No, you haven't, so I really don't understand why people choose to ask for help when they just barely got started.

Come to me when you've exhausted all options and you are truly stuck. Not when you've invested the bare minimum, yet expect premium results.

The build description is very clear "cheap to START, with room to GROW". You just got started... where is your growing?

GL
Last edited by corosou on Feb 16, 2022, 1:11:59 AM
"
notrealife wrote:
ummm, is there a pob link for updated build in first page ? I cannot find out.

All that's different is I added Purity of Elements, Eternal Blessing, Mark on Hit, using a different chest and a Megalomaniac.

Otherwise, the build is pretty much the same.

That is why I state at the very beginning to read the last few pages often to see exactly what changes have taken place for the new league.

Once I've ironed out the details of the new setup, I will post a PoB, but for now, I'm still testing things, so the best you can do is copy my toon directly.

GL
Been following the guide for a while now, and loving the build... My only question is how can I expect to ever get a +1 curse Marylene's Fallacy or a curse on hit Null and Void? Is there some trick I'm missing? They basically don't exist on the trade site for Arch nemesis, and unless I'm missing something the odds of doing it yourself are rather small. Even on standard the items you suggest are crazy expensive/rare.
"
Sedren wrote:
Been following the guide for a while now, and loving the build... My only question is how can I expect to ever get a +1 curse Marylene's Fallacy or a curse on hit Null and Void? Is there some trick I'm missing? They basically don't exist on the trade site for Arch nemesis, and unless I'm missing something the odds of doing it yourself are rather small. Even on standard the items you suggest are crazy expensive/rare.

Hi, glad to hear it!

And well, first of all, what you're talking about is the market, which is something beyond anyone's control.

Also, it sounds like you've never tried to Vaal items yourself much, because we're talking about plentiful 1-5c uncorrupted versions in the market currently, and I don't think you realize how lucky we are the base items are so cheap.

As far as the chances of Vaaling are, well that's RNG my man, it might happen in 10 tries or 10k, but that's the game.

I also don't think you're keeping in mind that there are builds out there where just a single item is worth more than all mine combined.

The most expensive item for this build is probably a Watcher's Eye which is 20-30ex. That is literally 2 days of low-level delve farming doing double-chaos recipe with barely any investment at all. That's a joke in terms of farming time...

Builds running The Squire shield, for example, have to pay 120-130ex for one! That's not counting all the rest of the gear.

So, IMHO this build is pretty damned cheap for what it can do.

I can only suggest you setup a live search and grab every uncorrupted version of the items that pops for 5-10c and get corrupting...

Sorry homie, but this stuff is beyond my control, but also, what fun is a build where there are no powerful/expensive chase items for you to aims towards?

GL
3.17 Video Update: The Formed

Hi Guys,

Here's another video for ya:

Youtube: 3.17 Boneshatter Jugg - The Formed (Deathless)

It's a plain white run without any mods, so you can use this as a baseline to compare the progress of your toons against mine.

Feeling pretty good so far and I don't even have my Watcher's Eye yet :)

Enjoy!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info