Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

Please make sure that aura effect modifiers say "effect on yourself and minions"

Aura based characters arent entirely just stackers and supports.

Minion survivability already took a hit in 3.15 with minion damage support change.
"
fuzzyrat1234 wrote:
Why do people hate aurabots so much? I've never played one and dont know anyone that does. I have heard about them and from what I get they are expensive to build, so why the hate?

Aurabots are the supports, aurastackers are the solo builds in terms of what they are called. Aurastackers are the expensive ones.

Aurabots arent expensive to build. Currency to effective damage output they provide to parties is far beyond normal builds partying.

Say you have 3 friends playing together just casual solo builds, together when they come together they probably do as much damage as 5 or 6 people going solo.

Compared to 2 solo builds coming together with an aurabot. The aurabot is at least a force multiplier of 5x or more, on the low conservative side. That particular party is with 3 people going to do the damage of 10~15 solo players.

This is all while making a conservative estimate of just like day 3~4 gear and funneling the support.

The point is that while supports are a build that should be capable of existing in a game with parties, they shouldn't be that effective of a force multiplier on their own.
"
impulze3 wrote:
i stopped caring about writing elaborate responses to posts like yours. i worked hard for my items, crafted almost everything myself over the course of multiple leagues. the build has shit dps for the amount of currency i spent on it, not even 10m unbuffed. yet people think thats too op. maybe you'll understand once you get out of 1 exa a league territory and get attached to a build you like instead of following whats popular like a mindless casual.

This. I've invested a few mirrors into an aura stacker and it's still worse than my entirely unoriginal Deadeye build for all content. And that's with legacy gear for the aura stacker and no legacy gear for the Deadeye. But all these people who don't play it think it's still the same as it was in Delirium league.
"
Irorone wrote:

which is the most expensive possible setup in the game short of a mirrored legacy kaom's heart which isn't even AVAILABLE in league

And not available in standard...
So the top 0.1% and the wallet warriors finally got hammered [Removed by Support]

They thought the nerf hammer couldn't reach in their floating islands

It does brings a smile to my face.
Last edited by Sarah on Oct 10, 2021, 9:01:34 PM
Bom dia, não li e nem lerei.
"
Fallbringer wrote:
I don't know whether aurabots are willful ignorant or they know what they are doing and pretending to be ignorant.

By making the end game trivial they gain access to the highest mods, tiers and crafting options that require a lot of currency way way sooner and in a larger quantity than a normal, average player. Trading market is completely unregulated. What happends when a market is completely unregulated? That's right the rich take over and dictate the prices of almost everything (most lv 86+ item bases that are split are being sold by a few groups for example).

So tell us normal players again how you are "just having fun". Trading is shit and you are abusing it and since GGG wants everything to be tradeable YOU have to be nerfed. Period. Get over it.

I don't know whether you are willful ignorant or you know what you are doing and pretending to be ignorant.

Cause the reason the economy is in the shitter is the rampant bot problem GGG isn't too keen on resolving, actual BOTS being used to farm RAW currency for RMT. The people behind those operations dictate prices for the economy at large.

What you are talking about is people having a monopoly on end game services that someone like you or the 'average' player could neither afford nor need concern themselves with.

Also I don't really get this repackaging of standard facts you people are doing to make them prop up your narrative like its some fucking expose you've managed to do on the dirty underbelly of some industry. People who make specific characters to play the game more efficiently end up playing it more efficiently than the average player, fuck, count my mind blown. By that kind of idiot logic are you going to also suggest GGG monitors how many resources an account gathers in play sessions and bans anyone that's being too efficient so that it doesn't threaten your mediocrity?

Why do you people try so hard to pretend what is being done here is right, its for the health of the game. You know you are here to celebrate that someone who is much better at the game than you, that is more dedicated and knowledgeable, probably more than you'll ever be got hurt and that makes you feel good because you are small and empty.

The precedent that GGG is setting here for destroying gear permanence and undermining any confidence one can have in achieving anything in PoE that can be called 'aspirational' is going to come back and haunt you for the rest of this games' life cycle. You remember that when something you like gets the axe next.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
"
Fallbringer wrote:

Why do you people try so hard to pretend what is being done here is right, its for the health of the game. You know you are here to celebrate that someone who is much better at the game than you, that is more dedicated and knowledgeable, probably more than you'll ever be got hurt and that makes you feel good because you are small and empty.

The precedent that GGG is setting here for destroying gear permanence and undermining any confidence one can have in achieving anything in PoE that can be called 'aspirational' is going to come back and haunt you for the rest of this games' life cycle. You remember that when something you like gets the axe next.

Couldn't have said it better. GGG are spitting in Standards face and sad little people who have never played Standard are cheering them on. Disgusting.
Last edited by Fzeal on Oct 10, 2021, 10:11:21 PM
The whole Problem is:
1.) GGG is watching just the top players/Streamers
2.) GGG is comparing their game to Diablo2 (reaching Lvl 100 is hard)
3.) GGG is trying to "balance" their game while destroying it!

ad 1.) GGG, forget about the top-players! THese are just an exception!
ad 2.) GGG, I know that your are pissed off, Top-Players reaching Level 100 in
just 2 weeks. => But get over that!!!!! [Try this by yourself!]
ad 3.) GGG, "balancing" was in the past ("VaalPact") good; but NOW it is
ridicilous!!!! You are now "balancing" your game way down to the ground!

Regards!
P.s.: I (myself) will NOT spend any money in this broken game!!!!
My InGameName: Aui
"
Aurabots are the supports, aurastackers are the solo builds in terms of what they are called. Aurastackers are the expensive ones.

Aurabots arent expensive to build. Currency to effective damage output they provide to parties is far beyond normal builds partying.

Say you have 3 friends playing together just casual solo builds, together when they come together they probably do as much damage as 5 or 6 people going solo.

Well I put HH to my mirror Mf. It's okay, I can do almost anything solo. But when I play with aurabot instead of having hh, it's already wrong, right ??
HH can destroy the game mechanics. Correct? And it only costs 30% of what a good Aurabot.

"
So the top 0.1% and the wallet warriors finally got hammered [Removed by Support]

They thought the nerf hammer couldn't reach in their floating islands

It does brings a smile to my face.

What are you talking about? You mean Incredibly Developed Characters? This applies not only to Aurabots and Aurastackers. There are many builds that do all the content. Spend enough time and you will create a super-developed character yourself.

-----------------

The hate of parts of the communite is amazing. You blame the Aurabots and the cursebots for all evil.
- You hate Aurabots because you don't understand how to play them.
- You hate aurabots because you don't know how hard it is to get currencies without being able to do a lot of content in the game.
- Aurabots and cursebots are a small flu and they can be easily destroyed.
- You only see and talk about extreme cases of developed Aurabots / Aurastackers / Cursebots. Apart from the fact that currently there are stronger builds in the game that can do all the content faster and better, they are also cheaper builds.
- Apparently you must hate / hate someone to justify your own clumsiness.

It is very sad.
I believe your anger comes from the fact that POE is completely unbalanced. There are really only a few useful builds, the rest are useless. And so on every patch... from the beginning of the game.
Like a snake that grabs its tail and twirls endlessly, this is how poe balancing looks like.

Just like in the Middle Ages, Witch was burned. So now we aurabots blamed for all evil. And non-existent evil.

To do incredibly fast endgame, famas divine, Marven, Elder... You don't need an aurabot or a cursebot for that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info