Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

Aura stackers complaining like the kids who got kicked out of pokemon competitions back in the old game boy days because they got caught using game genie enhanced pokemon. "My aura stacking took a slight nurf! Waaahhh" Truth is aura stackers are like cheat codes, not nerfed enough imo.
I don't know whether aurabots are willful ignorant or they know what they are doing and pretending to be ignorant.

By making the end game trivial they gain access to the highest mods, tiers and crafting options that require a lot of currency way way sooner and in a larger quantity than a normal, average player. Trading market is completely unregulated. What happends when a market is completely unregulated? That's right the rich take over and dictate the prices of almost everything (most lv 86+ item bases that are split are being sold by a few groups for example).

So tell us normal players again how you are "just having fun". Trading is shit and you are abusing it and since GGG wants everything to be tradeable YOU have to be nerfed. Period. Get over it.
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.
gz on ruining another build archetype.
I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Just because you were enjoying [Removed by Support] a broken and unfair mechanic in this game doesn't give you the right to cry about it.
It needs to be gone, it's the right thing to do, it will benefit the other 99% percent of 'normal' players that don't have their entire life to grind this game and farm Mirrors.
Last edited by Sarah on Oct 10, 2021, 3:16:35 PM
"
SamHotte wrote:
The League is the public alpha/beta testing.

This is a very accurate statement. There is a reason I refer to them as "Beta Leagues."
"
I don't know whether aurabots are willful ignorant or they know what they are doing and pretending to be ignorant.

By making the end game trivial they gain access to the highest mods, tiers and crafting options that require a lot of currency way way sooner and in a larger quantity than a normal, average player. Trading market is completely unregulated. What happends when a market is completely unregulated? That's right the rich take over and dictate the prices of almost everything (most lv 86+ item bases that are split are being sold by a few groups for example).

So tell us normal players again how you are "just having fun". Trading is shit and you are abusing it and since GGG wants everything to be tradeable YOU have to be nerfed. Period. Get over it.

I have no idea how you can be so incredibly ignorant, the market is controlled by bot flipers. Automatic buying and selling. They get hundreds of ex in two few days. This is a real plague!! But Arabots are devil, because they play in the party.

"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.
gz on ruining another build archetype.
I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Just because you were enjoying (and probably abusing & RMT) a broken and unfair mechanic in this game doesn't give you the right to cry about it.
It needs to be gone, it's the right thing to do, it will benefit the other 99% percent of 'normal' players that don't have their entire life to grind this game and farm Mirrors.

What are you talking about when you invest so many mirrors, each build becomes incredibly strong, that is so every mechanic is abused?
RIP Aurastacker...for this i'm happy, but that's just me.

"Burning Arrow is too complex for a level 1 skill." laughed too much at this.
The stacking burning effect was one of the cool things with it.
After

All the Ignite changes...I just skipped the specifics, that's like agreeing to a new ToS.

You're OVERCOMPLICATING. You're forgetting the fun of a game.
You get a PhD in each league now, in the next you're history, just like certifications.
"
hdvlad wrote:
Just because you were enjoying [Removed by Support] a broken and unfair mechanic in this game doesn't give you the right to cry about it.

i stopped caring about writing elaborate responses to posts like yours. i worked hard for my items, crafted almost everything myself over the course of multiple leagues. the build has shit dps for the amount of currency i spent on it, not even 10m unbuffed. yet people think thats too op. maybe you'll understand once you get out of 1 exa a league territory and get attached to a build you like instead of following whats popular like a mindless casual.

[Removed by Support] of the kind that will always cry for nerfs when they see someone succeed more than them at the game.

Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
Last edited by Sarah on Oct 10, 2021, 3:18:24 PM
"
impulze3 wrote:
"
hdvlad wrote:

i stopped caring about writing elaborate responses to posts like yours. i worked hard for my items, crafted almost everything myself over the course of multiple leagues. the build has shit dps for the amount of currency i spent on it, not even 10m unbuffed. yet people think thats too op. maybe you'll understand once you get out of 1 exa a league territory and get attached to a build you like instead of following whats popular like a mindless casual.

[Removed by Support] of the kind that will always cry for nerfs when they see someone succeed more than them at the game.

People still don't understand that what makes this build OP is the defense, while packing enough juice to clear all content in a pretty fast way. Even back in Heist with 6% jewels, it was stil the incredible defense that defined aura stacker as OP, not their DPS. People played it because it was just "the best build in PoE". I played it also, and yeah I also enjoyed it......

The last league I played (Heist), I played the two builds I enjoyed the more in PoE so far : selfcurse and aurastacker. Funny how both have been terminated.
Maybe selfcurse could be playable again, I'm not sure, depends how far it is possible to achieve temporal chains+ele weakness curse effects in the next patch.....since it only really required those two curses to be "playable"....I hope I'll enjoy it again.

I'm just skipping leagues after leagues because I can't find inspirational enough to invest hundred of hours of farming......
"
"
SamHotte wrote:
The League is the public alpha/beta testing.

This is a very accurate statement. There is a reason I refer to them as "Beta Leagues."

However all items No matter how op and broken make it in to the core game even though its a league mechanic that produced it. That's not a beta in fact its a period of time that those who enjoy the climb back up with a few new gimmicks that are usually an advantage, to climb leaderboard and to earn the mtx stuff. d3 seasons is that a beta? because it's the same idea in their flavor.

I would call league early access if you really need to relate them
however its really just a form of competitive play

i do believe the changes are good I just feel big things like this should be isolated and tested without affecting The player base before you throw it at them
I only play league myself and feel like this is is a power shift more than a balance change.

I have never made an aurabot the toxicity i've seen (now more than ever) stopped that real fast besides i can solo juiced maps when given enough time in a league for gear collection with a build thats a fraction of the cost (still really expensive hh build but i usually target farm it and do my rares with fossil and harvest, and the occasional beast craft) but such engaging gameplay with elemental hit
Why do people hate aurabots so much? I've never played one and dont know anyone that does. I have heard about them and from what I get they are expensive to build, so why the hate?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info