Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
Cosmonaut111 wrote:
"
xlKhaled wrote:
the sad part is this shows how the community filled with jealousy

i hate aurabots/aurastackers btw i dont play them but i dont care about other players if they having fun with their builds

this the first time i see community requesting a nerf and the reason imo is completely jealousy

oh that guy better then me please ggg nerf him :D

what a dumb mindset

Noone is jelaous of Aurabots. NOONE.

The reason people want them nerfed is because this game is focussed HEAVILY on trade. Its basicly more of a "wallstreet simulator" now than it is an arpg.
Aurabots were so bonkers to the point groups were farming The Feared in day 2 of the league ( hardest content available , with the highest returns ).

The market was spammed with feared drops ( shaper bases , synthesized items , elder bases / watcher's eye , bottled faith etc) and made mirrors for the partys abusing it. Its like if you put your money into some apple stock and then 5 billionaires come over and tell everyone that the market is closed for everyone except for them for 10 days while they can trade all they want. After 10 days your apple stock is suddenly worth 1/4 of what you invested , because a lot of people invested in apple stock and the 5 billionaires shorted the shit out of it.

If Aurabots wouldnt triviliaze content to the point where no matter how fast you are solo , you will NEVER be faster than 1 cursebot + 1 aurabot + 3 people with MF gear , noone would demand any kind of nerf.

I personally would like to feel that my time invested into the game is actually worth something. There should be no point in the game where content "it not worth it" except as a party , simply because you will LOSE money in doing it ( 3.14 feared rotas , where you actually lost money with each feared EXCEPT if you did it as a party and got 6x the returns of a solo player )

if you start comparing a game to stock trading theres something wrong
I don't like nerf like anyone else. This time I will only enter to test my builds and that's it. I will not be mortified by the numbers. I have several builds saved from last year and I will make them in this league, I just hope they keep working (-_-)!

I always liked the idea of a support character, at least they should have a way of specializing in one or the other, only attack or only defense and with a certain penalty.
Aurastackers are very complex and expensive, if someone made the effort and the currency should have its chance.
Last edited by ENSASKE on Oct 8, 2021, 10:04:15 AM
"
Heartsease wrote:
"
Arynai wrote:
From the wording ("Reservation Efficiency works by dividing the cost of the Reservation Effect"), you can calculate effective reservation cost by R/E, where E=1+S is reservation efficiency and S is the sum of increases and reductions to reservation efficiency. Your numbers seem to suggest you perhaps think of it as a negative of the old reduced/increased reservation of skills? (We know it isn't that, and wouldn't accomplish what they are trying to do here.)

When S = -80%+-80%, your effective reservation cost would be negative. I'm willing to bet that at S >= -1, you just can't reserve, but the request for clarification seems justified.

If this system resembles cast speed, then -

(Assume base 1 cast/1 sec)

- 100% increased cast speed = 1*(1+1)/1 sec = 2 cast/sec
- 100% reduced cast speed = 1 cast/(1*(1+1)) sec = 1/2 cast/sec
- 300% increased cast speed & 200% reduced cast speed = 1*(1+3)/(1*(1+2)) = 4/3 cast/sec

So,
- 80% reduced reservation = 1 reservation/(1*(1+0.8)) mana = 5/9 reservation/mana
- actual reservation cost for a 50% reservation skill = 50%/(5/9) = 90% mana
Cast (or Attack) Speed is a good analogy since it also involves a division by an implied efficiency. I'm not sure where you get your formula; it might work for approximating things in many circumstances, but isn't quite correct. :)

Increases and reductions are summed up in PoE. A 30% reduction and a 20% increase is equivalent to just a 10% reduction. You can verify this for Cast Speed using the character sheet if you like.

As far as I can see, you can calculate your Effective cast time = Base cast time/Cast speed efficiency, where Cast speed efficiency is the maximum of 0.01 and (1+Sum of increases reductions)*(Product of terms (1+More/Less multipliers)). "Cast speed efficiency" is just something I used for the calculation here; Cast Speed modifier on character sheet is Cast speed efficiency-1. The Wiki has this formulated a little differently, but the net effect if the same. Going by this analogy, Reservation Efficiency is also probably just capped from below at 0.01 to avoid dividing by zero or lower.

If your base cast time is 0.5 and you have 99% reduced cast speed (or worse), your effective cast rate is 50 seconds. By the formula you gave, it would be about 1 seconds. You can test these in game if you like; you should find tooltips and cast speed animations to be in agreement with what I wrote.
I enjoy every word in all 3 parts

Keep up the good job and ignore those "OmG I QuIt NoW aNd TellInG mY FrIeNdS tO QuIt too" posts

Hey, GGG.

Even as somebody who never played aurastacking in any way: Launching nuclear warheads isn't the solution. It never was a solution. First you nerf a noticable amount of damage off of most builds, and now you just gut this as a whole? What's next, further buffs to monster life/dmg/resists so that we struggle even harder?

Nice to see that we're just your Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
lmao fun haha
Well.. Well.. Well.. Hope the game does work better ! Great to have build diversity ! Keep the changes coming !
THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !
I have played both an Aura stacker (Lv100 Delerium league) and Full support builds (lv 97 HC league in 3.14). On reflection, both were absurdly overpowered and ruined the fun of playing without support or as support or as self-support. That said they were also the two leagues where i had the most fun. I had the most fun as I was working as a two-man team in both and the joy shared was a pleasure doubled and all that jazz. Now did they need the nerf? Yes, I guess they bloody did, I and anyone that has been part of a party formation including them can not argue the basic facts of overpowered. However again with reflection and yes I'm on page 66 here, the loss of the ability for people to go find that fun has been firmly dug a grave of misery here. The nerf should be far less Draconian and more along the lines of Dickension. There has to be a middle ground here surely.
Last edited by Weaz on Oct 8, 2021, 11:22:57 AM
"
GGG showed me how stupid I am by playing their game. I've been collecting items over the years and building a lot of builds, Aurabots. Hah what a stupidity... For GGG, the only thing that matters is that the player buys the support pack, and then goodbye. There are a lot of people in the world, it is quite a good business model. Buy a support package and then get a kick in the butt. And next player and next player...

No respect for people's time, we're just meat with a wallet.

yes yes yes, they just made a 3 part manifesto sharing their concerns and people like you just come here and start barking nonsense without reading.

I see you played a lot last league, you won't be missed
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
Scorching Ray has always been a skill that felt really fun to use but hasn't felt "good" in a long time. Maybe it's back on the menu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info