Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

My boy Burning arrow... RIP. Please add a threshold jewel to restore old burning arrow functionality.
Nice :)
Whenever GGG makes reddit lose their freaking minds, they have done something good.
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

Thank God this braindead playstyle will be long gone. I'm rooting for it.
Please consider a CAP in number of Auras (and Heralds) that can affect any single player at the same time as well.
Here since Closed Beta. Never found a Mirror. Still love PoE. :- )
I don't understand why GGG want to kill the multiplayer aspect of POE.

Ye Aura bots are strong but completely kill this archetype is surely not the solution.

Instead of destroying support builds for party play it would be realy nice if you could support it a bit more.

In this point Diablo 3 does it way better than POE (Yes you should take this as an insult)....Group play is more rewarding in Diablo, support roles are crucial and every role has its raison d'être.

Beside that its always way more fun to play with friends in a group an I personaly love to play the support role for my friends.....Pull Barb, Heal Monk, etc....

One of the reasons why my friends don't wan't to play POE anymore is that the group play is simply horrible.

I love POE but sadly its a single player game at the end of the day.....now with killing aura/curse support builds even more than ever. -.-
can anyone give me a rough estimate on how all of these changes affect a well geared fireball character? it's my fav build but it was pretty much destroyed in 3.15 and i'm not sure if these buffs / changes are going to be enough.

i guess i'd be fine with it if you could reach something like 6-8m ignite dps on endgame bosses like sirus
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

Owned lmao
These changes are more of what you keep continuing to do: killing off what some of your player base enjoys playing. Builds like aurastackers are what make POE unique from all the other boring, slow arpgs that are out there. When people find a niche and a way to create something powerful with MAJOR INVESTMENT, it should be allowed to be powerful... because of the MAJOR INVESTMENT REQUIRED. I don't think these aura / reservation changes are good. I think generic spell damage builds that used EO to deal reasonable damage are now going to be complete garbage and the only real winner with any of these changes is RF JUGG. One day soon you will kill off the a build that I really enjoy and I'll be gone too. The massive skill tree is cool because it indicates you have SO MANY OPTIONS of how to build your character, but nerf after nerf has made it so that so few can effectively clear the endgame interesting content that you might as well have 6 classes with 3 specialties each like every other ARPG at this point.
I still don't understand why:
- Devs want to kill the playerbase and the game
- Some players/forum warmongers likes to see others miserable
- The game can't be FUN, it MUST be a "challenge"
- Again why thahell DEVS want to break every working thing on the game
- Not to use the "nerf committe time" to implement a viable in-game trade interface/marketplace

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info