Massive CPU LAG spikes. Please help.

"
soareslv wrote:
I have the same problem, the workaround I found was starting the game using the 32 bits exe in the game folder.

How did you do this again? Makes no difference for me.
Ninja.
Last edited by la_blue_girl on Dec 16, 2022, 4:35:59 PM
Guess I'll just bump this too.

This was the fix for me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/

Ie using a power plan in Windows where C-states are disabled. Kinda fiddly but that Reddit post explains it step by step.
Ninja.
Last edited by la_blue_girl on Dec 17, 2022, 12:08:58 AM
Random CPU lag spikes happen to me out of nowhere also.

Switching between fullscreen / windowed mode makes it go away instantly.
"
la_blue_girl wrote:

This was the fix for me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/

Ie using a power plan in Windows where C-states are disabled. Kinda fiddly but that Reddit post explains it step by step.

did everything from here and from reddit post. now POG its working
huh O_O no stuttering at all!!!!!
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
"
la_blue_girl wrote:

This was the fix for me:

did everything from here and from reddit post. now POG its working
huh O_O no stuttering at all!!!!!

Yep. Bizarre.
This engine has always been a hot mess so I'm not exactly surprised tho.

Hopefully GGG will actually look into this and don't just disregard it as something that affects older setups. That Reddit post literally had people with Ryzens.
Ninja.
Here's another tweak BTW:

After you've done the fix go into the advanced power settings, then processor power management and tweak the maximum processor state. That way you won't max out the CPU at 100% all the time. Try 95%. (Also set the minimum to 5%)

(And remember to actually switch back to your normal power plan when done playing POE, or do that AHK thing like the Reddit guide mentions...)
Ninja.
Last edited by la_blue_girl on Dec 18, 2022, 3:47:18 AM
"
la_blue_girl wrote:
Here's another tweak BTW:

After you've done the fix go into the advanced power settings, then processor power management and tweak the maximum processor state. That way you won't max out the CPU at 100% all the time. Try 95%. (Also set the minimum to 5%)

(And remember to actually switch back to your normal power plan when done playing POE, or do that AHK thing like the Reddit guide mentions...)

dunno, dunno... after previous "tweaks" from reddit my cpu started working not on 3.6gz but on 4.0. (which is hot as hell btw, temp wise). And i think this helped alot. But if i set "max and min state" to 99 - processor start working on 3.6 again. So i guess this will be a massive loss. But will see...
UPD but ye, with basic 3.6 it no more overheats but still no stuttering or lags. So ye, fine addition. <3
Last edited by Melanholic7 on Dec 18, 2022, 7:36:44 AM
i7-4770k @ 4.2ghz
GTX 1070

Experiencing same issue. Looks like most people here are using older CPUs like I am. Setting PathOfExile.exe affinity in task manager details, and disabling all extra cores does help slightly. Saw a little improvement in the spikes and was able to have stable FPS in my hideout at least.

The problem is, when you encounter large mobs this micro-stutter turns into complete freezes. The game becomes a slideshow, and often I die from it for no reason other than I cannot afford a new CPU.

Like many other people in here as well, my game was completely fine for the first few days of the league. In fact the performance was quite remarkable. I was able to sit on 120FPS farming maps and that's not something I was able to do in other leagues, but I booted up my game one day and I couldn't even play on lockstep the lag was so bad, and it has been pretty much the same ever since.
Same problem. sometimes its smooth but most of the times there are lag-spikes. last time i played (early 22) this wasnt an issue.
I tried every sensible option in this thread and nothing worked. I found out a solution from elsewhere though: Uninstalling Logitech G-HUB solved it for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info