Massive CPU LAG spikes. Please help.

I had the same issue you all have CPU spike lag every ~5 sec, tried to mess around with the settings and nothing would work until I changed the renderer to dirextX12 (beta) this completely remove the lag and now game is running smooth again. Hopefully this will help some of you. Cheers
Still having CPU spikes after about year after upgrading my cpu to xeon e5-2650v2. Tryed every solution in this thread - no result at all( The most funny thing that my brother, sitting next room, havent this trouble ever (he has i5 2500). After year of research i can say that problem in TurboBoost technology or some program or service running in background that uses some cpu power or memory bus bandwidth (if u know what is that). Anyway if ill find any compleete solution ill definetly post it here. Keep bumping it guys, bcause its realy sicky(
Some reports: at current point ive managed to get pretty good stability in fps, cpu latency and gameplay!
First: ive made this optimizations in registry:

https://youtu.be/9Xq0GJLJdIs?t=310

As I understand, this options makes system to give more resources to games.

Second: ive disabled Hyper-threading technology in bios. This gave me an fps boost about 3%, but in Poe, my cpu latency become much more stable, less often spikes, and less amplitude of spikes (also in Wild Hearts, im polaying, i have no more staggers/microfrizes, more stable fps, 99% fps and frametime).

Also giving Poe High priority (not realtime, bcause your windows may even freeze for good) in taskmanager. I dont know why, but it helps. A bit, but still.

It all will keep working untill 3.22, when GGG will ruin optimization again for sure, so if u get your problem solved, dont relax so easy(
bumped(
Dear GGG, I don't make enough money to be able to upgrade my computer, so I'm still using my 14 year old first gen i7, x58 chipset system, I upgraded my CPU to Xeon x5675 and replaced my HDDs to SSD. After the recent update my loading times have increased tremendously, kindly deploy a fix that would allow players like me who are still on old systems to be able to enjoy our beloved farming game.

Thank you.
With a 99% probability, it's not your hardware. There are people with the latest gen i9 CPUs, RTX 4060 Ti GPUs, SSDs, and whatever other $50,000 gaming PCs reporting this issue. It's some kind of incompatibility.
So far, I can see that Intel + nVidia comes up more often in these reports, but it's a very small sample to draw any conclusions.
Poe 3.10 - 3.21 Great game
Poe 3.22 - Pain spikes... yikes...
If no one post it yet this is what solved my problem with cpu stuttering: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/?rdt=49733.
Last edited by tunerka on Aug 22, 2023, 11:10:38 AM
"
Milop wrote:
If no one post it yet this is what solved my problem with cpu stuttering: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/?rdt=49733.

I've tried that and no difference. I also noticed that the latency spikes occur mostly on eu servers. When I tried to switch to US server I got some lags, but not that high like on eu. It's clearly server problems then and GGG playing dumb.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info