Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

"
fallrim wrote:
thats because people dont actually want it to be more challenging, if you honestly want it more challenging you will do things to make it more challenging. as an actual point go look up nuzelocke for pokemon games, if fans want a harder game THEY WILL MAKE IT HARDER.
*EEEK* Wrong again. If people want a harder game they will play a harder game. That's why you don't see people playing hello kitty island adventure playing dark souls or poe.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
"
koopadoop wrote:
"
nehio wrote:
I'm the casual everyone speaks about ... and i won't have time to play this anymore

You have 3 months to do anything you want in the game. You don't have to be like tyty and clear the game in 48 hours

People also don't have to do all the contents within 3 months .... Isn't it a good thing that there is so much content you cant even do it all in 3 months? I never felt entitled to experience everything regardless of how much time I spend in the game.

Sure they nerfed everything, but they explained in great detail why they did it and I am happy with it, even as casual. People chose to ignore all their reasoning and just QQ before the league even started.

When I started PoE 9 years ago it was indeed a different game. I'm glad they try to go back to their roots a little bit.
I have to say, this all reads much worse than it sounded in the livestream..
especially after thinking about it for a while.

My main concern here is with flasks.. since for me as one of the most casuals out of all casuals playing the flask piano is one of, if not, THE Biggest reasons for me not to tackle much of the endgame, since I always get told, if you dont use flasks youre doing it wrong. and that is something I just can't handle physically..

so naturally I was extremely hyped about the flask changes. In the livestream you made it sound like flasks will now have the ability to "auto trigger" when they are needed most using an Enkindling Orb or let them be triggerable in other ways..

which made me SO unbelievably hyped, since it sounded to me like I dont have to worry about pressing all these buttons anymore.. maybe only concern myself with a single flask that I can then put on some other button that is easier to hit for me.

but now after reading this manifesto, and all the nerfs to flasks (in combination with lower the power of EVERYTHING else) it sounds like percentage wise, flasks will STILL increase total damage roughly in the same way they do now... and with them beeing nerfed in duration and charges (which worries me the most here) it sounds like I as a player will be FORCED to press them EVEN MORE now instead of less.... since they will run out more quickly...

and this then results in: if you want to be optimal you HAVE TO get buffs from Enkindling Orbs that then increase duration back up, or get their effect better again...
which will then mean I as a casual player are NOT able to use these trigger conditions to be on the same level as others, but instead should be pressing buttons even more now to keep up.. since the meta will surely revolve around getting as much power as possible back into them instead of making them trigger more accessably...

please tell me I'm wrong... and if I'm not wrong, please consider giving us these trigger effects in a seperate way or finally alow us and give us a proper flask macro set ups that we can asign to buttons...
Last edited by SmokinDice on Jul 20, 2021, 4:00:03 PM
I do not understand the heavy nerf to archmage,, who will use it? Better to remove it … correct me if I am wrong
On another note: has nobody noticed the little screenshot they used for this article on the main page?

If it's not "in your face, playerbase" then I don't know what else is.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
rip ely
"
dyneol wrote:
When I started PoE 9 years ago it was indeed a different game.

When I started 2.5 - 3 years ago I didn't have a single performance issue. Now, still with the same hardware, game is barely playable.

Regarding the new league, I looks like fun. Nothing breathtaking but still better than Ultimatum. Anything would be better after Ultimatum :)

Changes, I like the skill gems, looks like they'll open many possibilities for new builds. Nerfs are normal. It's GGG, they like to nerf :)

And I like the portal. I couldn't get the Ultimatum one due to the ridiculous challenges but looking forward to getting this one.

GGG i wish u good and smooth start w/o problems
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Im semi casual ssf non-league player. Every time i build something decent its gets nerfed and set back my progress. I like slow pace, no rush game style, but so far every balancing=nerfing only frustrate me, ruin my play flow, and make me feel like i wasted hundreds of hours. Because of previous nerfs i stopped buying supporter packs in past, this wave of nerfs may make stop play game.

Good luck!
"
Vaildez wrote:
If you think people are pissed off now... Just wait for the patch notes.

Yep.... as well as the skill tree changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info