Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

The million dollar question is: how can I quit a game that I quit before (harvest nerfs)? /s

This honestly feels like a "bait and switch scenarion" in a sense that the game started as Diablo 2 ri... inspired game and now you seem to want a souls-like experience (something that looks difficult, but the can be beat with enough repetition to the point of muscle memory speedrunning if you repeat enough).

Not everyone started on beta (game crashes every other instance change), some people got here after getting bored with Diablo 3 and they were speed clearing maps for currency. It would be cool if they came here for free, but some of them spent a ton of money on the game just to see it drastically changed (hence, the "bait and switch") - there is no such thing as "free".

If I saw the op and the "slam a exalt" comment during the beta, I would just not play the game or spend $10 maximum on it (because the ARPG drought was big). Now that I spent $100 on it, the game vision is different... It feels weird.

Path of Exile 2 being around the corner adds insult to injury. You could settle with the diablo-like content for PoE 1 and make PoE 2 terrible for new/casual players.

If you are happy with what you got, then I'm happy for you guys as we part ways for now. Maybe I'm getting to old for this... Just keep in mind that you are making the game super-niche and you will have to advertise a new game soon-ish (not to mention getting new players as some veterans quit while getting slammed by RL because this game is casual unfriendly now - because even if you are settled with your niche, you still need some player acquisition).

With all due respect, I won't "wait and see"/test it because you are really good at what you put yourselves to and I don't like the vision (it isn't bad or anything, I'm just not target market anymore).

Take this piece of feedback about the macro - this is a feedback about GGG/PoE franchise. I will probably get PoE 2 when the time arrives, but I will keep the spending to a minimum because I felt "baited" once.
"

Minion Damage causes minions from Supported Skills to have 25% less Life, so you might want to consider other supports if your minions scaled damage from their Life or if they're not tough enough when supported.

So Carrion golems won't be affected since they have relatively high HP, and elementalist auto resummon them anyway.
This nerf is basically a nail to the coffin for all other DIVERSE minions like zombie, skeleton, srs and even aw (which hardly anyone plays).
Dominating blow is also fine.

Last edited by suitto on Jul 19, 2021, 7:22:38 PM
"
o0assassin0o wrote:
Is this all the nerfs?

Easy :) i was afraid.

no this is the first note of 3
Ditt j*vla flöte Danne!!
I'm out, I'm not into masochism. Enjoy your gambling and cutting simulator.
Balancing the game around streamers and the 1% population who plays 16 hours a day makes no sense....
GGG did not say anything about nerfing HH to finally turn it into a cute relic. I have to assume that means they know the 1% will still figure out how to crush their content, and this is just to slow down the pleebs like me. Can't have filthy 300 hours per league casuals getting to red maps now can we.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
LongEnDickins wrote:
Raider ailment immunity nerf is a joke lmao
No onslaught is more of a joke, hopefully they put something else in there cuz half your ascendancy for 35% evasion is a bit of a poor trade. Frenzy branch was already too weak for the cost of stacking frenzies in passive points.

They only mentioned removing the 50% increase from the node, not the onslaught or the 100% increase from avatar of the chase for that matter.
A lot of completely un-needed nerfs and still no nerfs to the meta, overpowered skills.

I am very uninspired to play this league - why take away all the things that have worked? Trying to slow the game down and keeping the progression system the same is a massive fail.

All this "you need investment on the tree" stuff is horrible - no one is going to invest points into all those different avenues just to cover all bases. Its just more, useless passives.

It honestly feels like there is more complexity and clutter now than before!
You will die to random ignite in map doing 365 milion damage in 0.01 seconds but hey.. Rolling Magma now does 20% more damage... YEEEEYYYY!!!

So.. let me understand the logic, players have too much damage and some skills are better then others and they are mainly used so.. the answer to this is.. we nerf the good skills so people will play the bad skills.. yep... that makes a lot of sense, I get it now, great vision there...OMFG!

Guys.. Rolling Magma and similar skills are just bad, with or without a 20 whatever percent buff, this changes will only decrease build diversity as players will only play the absolute top tier skills because these will be the only ones doing damage and will not be absolutely trash to play.

For some reason I don't give a damn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info