Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

I'm a little sad that this won't result in an increase in the likelihood of my ever seeing end game, but the fact that the rest of the game will now be much more fun to play makes up for it in spades!

I do think that the game is still missing a ton of QoL aspects to match the difficulty, though, like options to see combat text/damage, move icons around on the UI so I can actually see them, pick up loot without manual clicks (Not autoloot, I want a "hold f to keep picking things up" kind of thing), and ability to see enemy features/buffs/etc without having to actively hover your mouse over them.

Regardless, can't wait to check it out!
These changes would actually make sense if they implement the socket rework announced for POE2 which is something they said they will do for POE 1 at a certain point.
It's true that the current one-click-clearscreen playstyle got booring after a while but without a reduction in monster damage players will have to invest even more in defense which will reduce DPS even more. This will lead to anotyer type of booring playstyle where you just chip away at monster for the entire game. That might make certain build mechanics that have a timer ( Legion, Abyss, Blight) unplayable.
I've been playing since the first league casually and almost every league i got bored after 2 months because the grind to access the endgame seemed too long.
I think GGG forgot about casual players that just want to spend a few hours per week to have fun and maybe get to SOME endgame content and higher mechanics.
"
xpozed wrote:
These changes would actually make sense if they implement the socket rework announced for POE2 which is something they said they will do for POE 1 at a certain point.
It's true that the current one-click-clearscreen playstyle got booring after a while but without a reduction in monster damage players will have to invest even more in defense which will reduce DPS even more. This will lead to anotyer type of booring playstyle where you just chip away at monster for the entire game. That might make certain build mechanics that have a timer ( Legion, Abyss, Blight) unplayable.
I've been playing since the first league casually and almost every league i got bored after 2 months because the grind to access the endgame seemed too long.
I think GGG forgot about casual players that just want to spend a few hours per week to have fun and maybe get to SOME endgame content and higher mechanics.

You can't play a few hours a week and have end game goals. Those concepts are absolutely mutually exclusive. That's on you not GGG. Want end game with a few hours a week, that's what Diablo 3 is for. No offense, your goals just literally aren't possible with your allotted time when it comes to this game.
"
loudpinks2000 wrote:
"
xpozed wrote:

You can't play a few hours a week and have end game goals. Those concepts are absolutely mutually exclusive. That's on you not GGG. Want end game with a few hours a week, that's what Diablo 3 is for. No offense, your goals just literally aren't possible with your allotted time when it comes to this game.

You've missed the point. It's not that accessing endgame content takes too long, it's that it gets booring and repetitive. Simply making it take longer by nerfing damage doesn't seem to fix this problem.
If the first difficulty is harder, are you going to allow all characters access to all gems?
Well I guess this is goodbye, The nerfs not only touch damage but significantly increase mana costs making the game just too annoying to play. I enjoyed killing things and burning through maps while having to finesse the bosses slightly, now its just a joke. Its just not worth my time anymore glad I haven't bought this years packs yet, because I refuse top support a production team that is this.... whatever I didn't wish to finish that train of thought.
POE is now a roaring dumpster fire filled with lithium batteries will take more then a little water to put this out and right the ship
This sort of reminds me of the time when blizzard showcased their "new diablo game" and said "what you guys don't have smartphones? :lolnoobs:".

Sort of feels like an out of place Aprils fool joke.

If you want to slow down the gameplay, maybe you should ask yourself why people make these "insane damage builds" in the first place. They do it to avoid the overtuned damage mechanics that are in place. Fix that instead of just kicking people in the balls and say "here have fun with it", because at a certain point people are just gonna go "nah, i'm good" and bugger off to some other game. Removing 20-40% of the damage output.. ok.. then fix the absurd damage output from certain bossfights and also monster creeps and MAYBE that will make it ok for a slower gameplay.

Hands down the worst patchnotes i've seen as long as i have played this game wich is around 3.9k+ hours.

Wish you guys good luck, think i'll skip this one.
Last edited by Chowderpuffs on Jul 23, 2021, 9:34:43 PM
"
Chowderpuffs wrote:
This sort of reminds me of the time when blizzard showcased their "new diablo game" and said "what you guys don't have smartphones? :lolnoobs:".

Sort of feels like an out of place Aprils fool joke.

If you want to slow down the gameplay, maybe you should ask yourself why people make these "insane damage builds" in the first place. They do it to avoid the overtuned damage mechanics that are in place. Fix that instead of just kicking people in the balls and say "here have fun with it", because at a certain point people are just gonna go "nah, i'm good" and bugger off to some other game. Removing 20-40% of the damage output.. ok.. then fix the absurd damage output from certain bossfights and also monster creeps and MAYBE that will make it ok for a slower gameplay.

Hands down the worst patchnotes i've seen as long as i have played this game wich is around 3.9k+ hours.

Wish you guys good luck, think i'll skip this one.

About blizzard you have exactly noted, 3g apparently decided to inherit this mistake.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
ty GGG for best and most smooth start ever! no lags so far! <3
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Most disappointing direction this game has gone since launch... hope GGG gets the wakeup call from the negative feedback and people quitting the game.

Give us more opportunities to experiment with fun, powerful builds. Auto loot. Auction houses. We want quality of life to actually enjoy the fun parts of the game (combat, crafting, experimenting) and reaching end game in a reasonable time to try multiple builds and cut down on tedium.

Rewarding loot that can guide your builds.

It's just not there, and is getting worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info