[3.17] strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator -- League Start & End Game v3.17.03.17.22

"
Wendek wrote:
Questions are pointless now and just take space on the page so I'm removing them. Too bad you can't delete posts on this forum.

I am almost caught up, so if you still have any questions, you can leave them here.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator Guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3136830
"
I think you've gone full block too early. I would seriously try respecing whole "top" part of the tree and grabbing Versatile Combatant at the bottom at the expense of 2 points and you'd have 50/50 block which would be enough for now.

I'm sitting at 82% block, 47% spell block with my current tree. doesn't Versatile Combatant cap me at 50/50? Why would I do this?

"
Do Uber Lab, arena challenger is AMAZING for clear speed, you need those 2 points

This will be the first thing I do after this thread response.

"
buy 2-3 Divines and slam on your belt, this is a really bad rolled ryslatha's. Aim for having "more more than less"

I was under the impression that the modifier that affects the "less" is basically irrelevant, since higher hits/bleeds will replace lower ones. I focused on "high in range" values of the other 3 variables. I'll look into divining this ryslatha's.

"
get Call to arms and use end cry on leftclick

I've currently got Leap Slam on left click and Lacerate on right click... its doable but feels a bit clunky. If i put end cry on left click, where are your other skills? Also, does enduring cry on left click affect my ability to move around?

None of this is argumentative. I'm trying to open a discussion because I truly want to learn. If I don't understand, I'll be looking for more guidance when I hit T16 maps, then endgame bosses, etc.

"
Regarding your comment about the Dawnbreaker shield on the first page of this guide. I agree that it looks promising, but I did some testing and... it SUCKS. At least for a block build.

Thanks for testing it. I will still try it out once I am done with leveling.

"
PS I think I've seen on Poe Ninja Builds that you already know the Pride + Eternal Blessing trick :-) Let's just hope they won't nerf it.

I seriously hope so.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

"
PapaSmurfbk wrote:
i also am running the dawn breaker. but its hard to counter the downside of it

Yeah, some maximum resistance implicit is definitely needed. Probably not feasible early game.

@ Pride + Blessing + Arrogance. Does it work for you? Arrogance I mean. For me there's no difference both in game tooltip and in PoB

@Dawnbreaker - it might work with an overcapped block chance and an 85-ish fire res, but I am afraid that the gain might not be worth the investment.
"
@ Pride + Blessing + Arrogance. Does it work for you? Arrogance I mean. For me there's no difference both in game tooltip and in PoB

@Dawnbreaker - it might work with an overcapped block chance and an 85-ish fire res, but I am afraid that the gain might not be worth the investment.

After double checking, seems that Arrogance will no longer support Pride once Blessing is linked.

Last edited by strTrader on Feb 11, 2022, 5:30:32 PM
"
Kayyne wrote:

I'm sitting at 82% block, 47% spell block with my current tree. doesn't Versatile Combatant cap me at 50/50? Why would I do this?

Because there's always something at the expense of something else. If I recall correctly you've got around 3,5k life and 50-ish physical damage reduction. This means that You will get one-shot. And often.

Having an easy 50/50 block chance and reinvesting points to get 4.5k+ HP, some more pys reduction and 1.2+m damage would carry you to around lvl 90 easily and then, with couple of extra skill points + fully levelled gems you could get full block

"
This will be the first thing I do after this thread response.

:-)

"

I was under the impression that the modifier that affects the "less" is basically irrelevant, since higher hits/bleeds will replace lower ones. I focused on "high in range" values of the other 3 variables. I'll look into divining this ryslatha's.

No, play around with numbers in PoB (just edit the item) and you will see that the difference can be HUGE, like 10% or more damage for you

"
I've currently got Leap Slam on left click and Lacerate on right click... its doable but feels a bit clunky. If i put end cry on left click, where are your other skills? Also, does enduring cry on left click affect my ability to move around?

If you get the Call to Arms keystone you will be able to move. You will auto-cry every couple of seconds and heal like crazy. Try it. There's a reason why 90% of ppl use it like that :-)

"
None of this is argumentative. I'm trying to open a discussion because I truly want to learn. If I don't understand, I'll be looking for more guidance when I hit T16 maps, then endgame bosses, etc.

Good Luck!
"
No, play around with numbers in PoB (just edit the item) and you will see that the difference can be HUGE, like 10% or more damage for you

A single Divine on Ryslatha took the less to 31% and more to 40%. as well as max flat phys dmg. Sadly the str/hp are really low rolls. Entered the stats of before and after in PoB and the old Ryslatha was -- +40.3% dmg compared to no belt. The newly rolled one is +45.3%. lost 12str and 17 life. No idea if this is a fair trade-off.

This build (and others like it) is completely dead. Glad was already stressed for nodes before the spell suppression change. Now it's impossible. The reason everyone is sitting at 3.5k life is because block + suppress + damage spreads you very thin. The old ascendancy at least allowed us to save nodes on magic block.

My DW glad just died on a T4 map I think. Temple mobs with extra proj just incinerated him at 3.5k life. Shotgunned while I was not paying attention. I'm not doing it again just felt compelled to comment on my own which was lacerate DW glad sitting around 15% spell block with 32% suppress. Obviously not end game geared but in maps struggling for a couple days.

Glad is still viable but you want to go SST or shield crush. Something like that requires very little node investment to do gobs of damage.
"
Izrakhan wrote:
This build (and others like it) is completely dead. Glad was already stressed for nodes before the spell suppression change. Now it's impossible. The reason everyone is sitting at 3.5k life is because block + suppress + damage spreads you very thin. The old ascendancy at least allowed us to save nodes on magic block.

My DW glad just died on a T4 map I think. Temple mobs with extra proj just incinerated him at 3.5k life. Shotgunned while I was not paying attention. I'm not doing it again just felt compelled to comment on my own which was lacerate DW glad sitting around 15% spell block with 32% suppress. Obviously not end game geared but in maps struggling for a couple days.

Glad is still viable but you want to go SST or shield crush. Something like that requires very little node investment to do gobs of damage.

Definitely not recommending HC with Gladiator, Lacerate or not. Spell suppression is not viable on this build because we do not path to the right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info