[3.18] Aziire's Cold Reap Inquisitor - Revived for 2022 | Sentinel League Starter

"
cerealbawks wrote:
"
Spedde wrote:
I played this build a bit and came to conclusion that its fun concept but roughly 80ex invested and 3mil dps didnt satisfy my needs enough. Good job making new skill somewhat viable tho! :)

Totally understand that. I think the COC version as laid out in this build does fall off a bit, but can help through early maps.

I will say though, that the self-cast can pretty easily hit a guesstimated* 15-20m dps without too much investment, though it really really needs Awakened Cascade to shine at all.

Besides that, you don't really need Unnatural Talent except to really min/max so it's just Cascade + 6L Ivory + Prism which would get you pretty much done @ 18-20ex? Not trying to convince anyone that it's cheap, but letting y'all know how much potential it can get.

*Guesstimated due to POB not calculating multiple Unleash hits, multiple Awakened Cascade overlap hits, and those can chain together too. My current DPS is 1.7m without those factored in so it's somewhere between that and 1.7*5 + 1.7*5*4*0.9 (39.1m), so middle-ground would be 20.4, I'd guess my real DPS is probably around 25-28m, and I'm absolutely murdering almost everything.

Yeah have to clarify that I was talking about CoC variant indeed. Selfcast version has almost no limits.
hi there, just started poe and for some reason chose low life lol. i did my best but currently feel a bit lack luster dps wise. could someone perhaps advise on where i can improve build wise with limit currency?

ps. i also insta pop to chaos damage at times. anyway to resolve this?

build: https://pastebin.com/SRpnYNxz

thanks so much.
"
euraima wrote:
hi there, just started poe and for some reason chose low life lol. i did my best but currently feel a bit lack luster dps wise. could someone perhaps advise on where i can improve build wise with limit currency?

thanks so much.

Just took a quick look, and the most obvious issue I can see with your character at first is that you have negative chaos resistance. Usually this isn't a big issue for most builds, but with our status as low life this is especially dangerous and can lead to many deaths that seem instant. You seem to have massively over cap elemental resistances, so you can likely afford to swap some mods to get your chaos resistance to at least +25% without flasks (also don't rely on a flask for it).

I also see that you are running Herald of Purity, which is reducing the mana pool you have that the chaos damage can be taken from, making it much more likely that the hits will kill you. Dropping this aura hardly impacts your overall DPS, but will definitely increase survivability.

Some other notes that will probably improve your time with the build:
- Put some Intrinsic Catalysts onto your Astramentis, this will increase your crit chance
- Get an uncorrupted Cyclopean Coil with max roll % increased attributes and do the same catalysts as the Astramentis
- The antifreeze mod on your quicksilver flask is wasted, you get ailment immunity from ascendancy already, which includes freeze immunity. I'd recommend making this 'of adrenaline' but that is up to you
- Don't use an amethyst flask, it is not consistent resistance and therefore not very helpful for bossing, a jade flask will help much more for survivability, especially with the 'of reflexes' suffix
- While this guide does recommend Method to the Madness as your anointment, most people in this thread have had a better time by using Cleansed Thoughts, as it makes getting capped chaos resistance much easier. If you can get to the resistance cap without this anointment, then Utmost Might is a very good option instead, as it gives a hefty strength increase, which is always good.
- I'm not sure if the cluster you've taken is very helpful overall, I think those nodes could be better used getting other nodes, such as Lucidity, and you should probably also grab Arcane Vision if only for the QOL in indoor maps

Overall you seem to have had at least some fun playing this build, considering having hit 90 on it before really complaining of these issues. When you start trying to really minmax this build, you will probably find that swapping over to selfcast will allow you to push your dps even further, though that is up to you if you even want to go that far
Boop
"
euraima wrote:

thanks so much.

Everything Jedi said is correct but I wanted to follow up on just how important maxing out (or just making it decent) chaos resistance is.

In the calcs page of POB you can see your effective health pool or eHP for each type of damage. Both the eHP bottom number and Max Hit Taken are important to see because they show how survivable you are.

You could take a 25k damage phys hit or 47.5k fire/cold/light hit...but only a 992 damage chaos hit (without the amethyst flask on). Once you get chaos res up that number still won't nearly match the other max hits but it'll be MUCH better (and most chaos is still DOT so you have some time to panic hit your mana flask).

For comparison with 75% chaos res but everything else staying the same on your build you could take a 5k chaos hit. It'll definitely help a ton especially with the low life build.
Hey guys, I was wondering what the general opinion is on fitting a Lori's Lantern in the build. It seems really good since we're lowlife and gives us great chaos+ele resists and movespeed. The unlucky modifier is obviously great as well.

Or would a well rolled rare ring fare better? In that case, would I prefer additional health or additional strength? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Standfort on May 15, 2021, 3:55:37 PM
"
"
euraima wrote:

thanks so much.

Just took a quick look, and the most obvious issue I can see with your character at first is that you have negative chaos resistance. Usually this isn't a big issue for most builds, but with our status as low life this is especially dangerous and can lead to many deaths that seem instant. You seem to have massively over cap elemental resistances, so you can likely afford to swap some mods to get your chaos resistance to at least +25% without flasks (also don't rely on a flask for it).

I also see that you are running Herald of Purity, which is reducing the mana pool you have that the chaos damage can be taken from, making it much more likely that the hits will kill you. Dropping this aura hardly impacts your overall DPS, but will definitely increase survivability.

Some other notes that will probably improve your time with the build:
- Put some Intrinsic Catalysts onto your Astramentis, this will increase your crit chance
- Get an uncorrupted Cyclopean Coil with max roll % increased attributes and do the same catalysts as the Astramentis
- The antifreeze mod on your quicksilver flask is wasted, you get ailment immunity from ascendancy already, which includes freeze immunity. I'd recommend making this 'of adrenaline' but that is up to you
- Don't use an amethyst flask, it is not consistent resistance and therefore not very helpful for bossing, a jade flask will help much more for survivability, especially with the 'of reflexes' suffix
- While this guide does recommend Method to the Madness as your anointment, most people in this thread have had a better time by using Cleansed Thoughts, as it makes getting capped chaos resistance much easier. If you can get to the resistance cap without this anointment, then Utmost Might is a very good option instead, as it gives a hefty strength increase, which is always good.
- I'm not sure if the cluster you've taken is very helpful overall, I think those nodes could be better used getting other nodes, such as Lucidity, and you should probably also grab Arcane Vision if only for the QOL in indoor maps

Overall you seem to have had at least some fun playing this build, considering having hit 90 on it before really complaining of these issues. When you start trying to really minmax this build, you will probably find that swapping over to selfcast will allow you to push your dps even further, though that is up to you if you even want to go that far

so much thanks. this helped so much. made the changes and feels so much more survivable now. that qol arcane vision tip though lol omg, i was in the dark all this time.
Hi there

I've got a question

How do you put Vaal Discipline + Vaal Grace + Zealotry in Prism Guardian and activate all the same?

seems its not enough mana reservation space for it
"
oceanmaster wrote:
Hi there

I've got a question

How do you put Vaal Discipline + Vaal Grace + Zealotry in Prism Guardian and activate all the same?

You don't use Discipline + Grace + Zealotry in Prism Guardian together, you use Discipline + Grace + Herald of Ash in Prism, with Zealotry and Precision/Vitality (depending on CoC or Self-Cast respectively) in your dagger with enlighten. You can technically put Herald of Purity as a mana reserving aura as well, but this isn't very good for survivability for very little damage gain, so I wouldn't recommend it.
Boop
"
"
oceanmaster wrote:
Hi there

I've got a question

You don't use Discipline + Grace + Zealotry in Prism Guardian together, you use Discipline + Grace + Herald of Ash in Prism, with Zealotry and Precision/Vitality (depending on CoC or Self-Cast respectively) in your dagger with enlighten. You can technically put Herald of Purity as a mana reserving aura as well, but this isn't very good for survivability for very little damage gain, so I wouldn't recommend it.

ahh that's why lol , thank you

currently im on CoC building now
Can someone quickly look over my character? I've just hit t16 maps and am starting to struggle with bosses. Most likely due to misplays but was just wandering what i'm doing wrong with the build too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info