Whirling Blades

Just doing 0.10.1b patch and reading the patch log, why is "Whirling blades" not redone or fixed somehow.
Then as everyone said, it should be somehow weakened so you can get hit.
Example: put a CD like on "Cold snap", and buff damage that would make it allot more viable.

Totally want to:
"Flicker strike" + "Whirling blades" + "Frenzy" with DW daggers
All my energy goes to farm DW Daggers! BUFF MELEE!!1!1
"
HonkHonkBeep wrote:
I take back what I said about this skill causing minor desyncs; it causes unplayable desyncs. There's no point in having a skill like this in the game if the game isn't capable of dealing with it.

^This.
I'm not sure if it's desync or just faulty design. Exactly how does Whirling Blades work with the character's hitbox? I've been melee killed in the middle of Whirling Blades where the mob is at my starting location and I'm about 5 feet away. Does the hitbox move when the animation is finished?
Also, the huge desync problem. Aside from Whirling Blades and Flicker Strike, which both have their problems, it seems like dual wield/1h users are just royally fucked in terms of movement skills.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
"
casval776 wrote:
"
HonkHonkBeep wrote:
I take back what I said about this skill causing minor desyncs; it causes unplayable desyncs. There's no point in having a skill like this in the game if the game isn't capable of dealing with it.

^This.
I'm not sure if it's desync or just faulty design. Exactly how does Whirling Blades work with the character's hitbox? I've been melee killed in the middle of Whirling Blades where the mob is at my starting location and I'm about 5 feet away. Does the hitbox move when the animation is finished?
Also, the huge desync problem. Aside from Whirling Blades and Flicker Strike, which both have their problems, it seems like dual wield/1h users are just royally fucked in terms of movement skills.

You say being killed in mid "Whirling blades" 5 feet away from mob. The name explained it "Desync" as desynchronization as in my pc says i am at position X and server thinks i am at Y position, therefore mob attacked at position y and you got hit even tho at you computer data shows mob is far away from you.

As i made a post long time ago. Make sweep for DW. Or be lazy and just allow "Sweep" to be used for all melee weapons.
I kinda understand why they didn't allow daggers to use sweep. But why not swords? 2h sword cant swing around...
All my energy goes to farm DW Daggers! BUFF MELEE!!1!1
dw dagger/claw seriously need another aoe attack if the desync isnt fix..
this skill sucks really. it is for ninja loot or escape.
bring whirlwind now.
or make some other skill for only dagger and claw (single target and multiple targets and a skill i can attack while moving. why only few skills for dagger and claw? there are tons of STR red melee skills).
and make some kick skill. i want to kick!
Aside from desync problems, the skill is great in my opinion.

However I would much prefer if it was main-hand only(or both weapons), alternating weapons is meh :(
"
casval776 wrote:
"
HonkHonkBeep wrote:

^This.
From what I can see, when you use whirling blades, your computer just sends the server the location you're whirling to, or the enemy you're whirling at, and doesn't ever update your own position until it's too late. So if you whirl at an enemy and your position is off compared to the server, you'll be dashing at a drastically different angle than you appear to be, which causes your position to desync very badly.

Here's a mockup image of what I think is happening

Imagine there are three enemies in a line in front of you and you whirling blades through each of them in succession. If your server position isn't synchronized when you start, then rather than go in a straight line, you'll go in a zig-zag pattern, potentially running into all kinds of projectiles and AoEs that you shouldn't be hitting.

Basically the game needs to update the position of both you and your target whenever you use whirling blades. Same for Flicker Strike and most other movement abilities.
Last edited by Strill on Feb 14, 2013, 8:43:01 PM
Yeah this skill is fudged atm. I can't hit hardly any mobs with it, despite my endless trying. I want it to work properly so badly....
Sorry if this has been mentioned but I believe there is a bug with this skill that makes you invulnerable. I cant seem to take any damage under the whirling animation at all. Its basicly a damage aoe mobility invulnerable move atm.
this skill is too weak and boring.
what a joke.
just remove it.
there are too many better ideas for daggers and claws.
why this childish skill must exist in this game?
i really hate i must stop.
if you use this skill, you fly in the air.
and you will stop.
look at leap slam or whatever other melee skill.
i can use other melee skills and repeat the skill non-stop.
just remove this skill please.
this skill must not exist in ARPG.
it is not even powerful. why must i stop for a second?
and add a powerful kick skill.

there must be cool and sick melee AOE skill for int+dex daggers, claws weapon not this whirling blades skill.
please just remove whirling blades.
this is most boring and stupid melee skill in path of exile.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Feb 16, 2013, 9:55:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info