Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I hate the changes.

Just add a limit - every item can only be harvest crafted 10 times.

No way to roll perfect mod tiers then, but at least you can have the stats you need.
Is this an out of season April Fools' joke?
Last edited by Merdento on Mar 10, 2021, 7:28:35 PM
Well...

Terrible idea in my opinion. I played like a lot in this league and managed to craft my first almost decent items.
If I had to farm all the currency, spam and then hope to hit the good stuff... eeh :(

Moreover i **loved** the puzzle behind crafting, which involves chaining different methods (fossils, essences, orbs, beasts, harvest, bench etc), it made me feel like an artisan who handcrafts his items. If it all comes back to Rng.. eeh.. there would be no feeling of achievement, of having learned a lot but it would just be "Yea, I got lucky. Nice :| "
As I´m glad to see harvest nerfs, I would also like to remind you that harvest crafts enabled many builds that weren´t anyhow playable in the past. It solved some part of build balance. Keep that in mind because as a 8 years player I can clearly say that there is nothing more sad then a feel of stupidly unbalanced meta skill gems and their oposites.
Do you guys have phone?
Don't nerf my harvest and make it easier to trade the crafts just like you did with bestiary...
I'll tell you in a language you understand, you just roll enchant and mess up. Now you have a mess up game here again. If you think it's fun, run builds that are copied so you can run 1,000 maps and end up with nothing and you've lost 300 hours without success. Sorry im not sadis. It's again the same reason I quit the game 2 years ago because of mess up a mechanic that only people playing 24 hours a day can have enought currency to do it.try to understand that there are players that can't do the final content. do you know what it's like to play 500 hours and try to fix your build so you can do engame stuff? my only hope of saving on the perfect stuff is gone. Now the currency is worthless again because I don't have that much, so I cant throw it away for unnecessarily and wasted crafts. this game is now a waste of time. you will never roll perfect item and try it, it's like Sizyfos from Greek mythology. do you think someone will make something? Everyone just saves on the mirror and will copies the most perfect things available. Which will only be possible if you copy the build from someone else. if I can only copy things from others, I don't need to waste time on it. I hope you solve these problems in POE 2. So far, this game feels like a waste of time and money. there is a limit how hard thins can be and when you put wall to high, people just dont even try.
"
Lundh wrote:
If we return to chaos spamming and exalt slamming items by pure random luck and chance, I'm done with this game for real.

Honestly have been playing so much more this league specifically because it's easy to see deterministic upgrades in the future, if I don't feel I can realistically self improve my character, my enjoyment severely goes down, and my support of the game with it.

Also another thing, who cares how many mirror tier items there are in the game, shit resets at the end of league anyways. Being able to COMPLETE a character in the matter of a league/month, should be obtainable. Otherwise people lose interest.

If this is what your game direction is going to be, it's going to be without me.

This ^^

"
We know that many players would love us to keep deterministic crafting in the game because it enables them to complete their items far more quickly than they otherwise would. But then there would quickly be nothing left to achieve.

I am not sure what players you are referring to here, but it is probably the 0.1% that plays A LOT.

Personally I am still farming for Harvest to get the finishing touches to my items, if not for Harvest I would have stopped playing this league a couple weeks ago
Why not base GGG/Tencent salaries on slamming? you know, work 200 hours, get a hundred dollars then gamble it on a 0.15% chance to get money... 99% chance to lose all of it, and the rest to be somewhere in between. That is basically what they are saying is a good thing.
Is this an out-of-season April Fool's joke?
Oh terrific. Harvest and this league were the leagues I had the most fun in the game, finally being able to craft proper end-game items suitable for my build.
First you give us something that finally makes the game FUN and not bullshit exercise in futility where you have to spam fully or mostly random currencies and then you take it away cause it was "too strong?"
Fuck off. I was looking for a reason to quit PoE for a while and this just might be it.

PS - if you made the crafts tradable (LIKE, YOU KNOW, THE BEASTS ARE) we wouldn't HAVE TO resort to trading via Discord channel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info