⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

Hello everyone!

Loving the build, but I seem to be hitting a wall on T13 maps. Dying left and right even bricked a conqueror map. I haven't struggled like this in a very long time, if ever, which makes me think I'm missing something.

I know I am have a long way to go in terms of damage (working on crafting clusters and leveling gems), but I'm not certain what should be the next step defence-wise. Currently sitting on 4.5k ES and 27k armor (40k with Granite flask on).
Besides the obvious Skin with Iron Reflexes and aul's which is outside my price range right now, is there anything that would help increase survivability?

Thanks!
"
akispsi wrote:
Hello everyone!

Loving the build, but I seem to be hitting a wall on T13 maps. Dying left and right even bricked a conqueror map. I haven't struggled like this in a very long time, if ever, which makes me think I'm missing something.

I know I am have a long way to go in terms of damage (working on crafting clusters and leveling gems), but I'm not certain what should be the next step defence-wise. Currently sitting on 4.5k ES and 27k armor (40k with Granite flask on).
Besides the obvious Skin with Iron Reflexes and aul's which is outside my price range right now, is there anything that would help increase survivability?

Thanks!
Trying to dig into this, but having problems with POB as the mana multipliers haven't been updated yet. You have no idea how tempted I am to fix that and submit a pull request to the POB guys...

Anyway. What's your total mana, and how much is reserved? POB seems to think you should have way more armour than the 27k you mention - 36.3k if you still had 417 unreserved mana, and you should have way less mana left than that.

Could it be as simple as you haven't reserved enough of your mana?
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
...but having problems with POB as the mana multipliers haven't been updated yet. You have no idea how tempted I am to fix that and submit a pull request to the POB guys...
LOL. Looked up the changes... 148 support gems changed. The multiplier is stored 40 times in the code for each one. So... 5920 edits required to update POB for the new support gem mana multipliers. I see why it hasn't been done yet!
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
akispsi wrote:
Hello everyone!

Thanks!
Trying to dig into this, but having problems with POB as the mana multipliers haven't been updated yet. You have no idea how tempted I am to fix that and submit a pull request to the POB guys...

Anyway. What's your total mana, and how much is reserved? POB seems to think you should have way more armour than the 27k you mention - 36.3k if you still had 417 unreserved mana, and you should have way less mana left than that.

Could it be as simple as you haven't reserved enough of your mana?

Hey grimjack!

I ve tinkedered around with mana reservation a bit.
Right now I have 3387 total mana with 191 unreserved.
If I respec one point out of 5% herald reservation i drop down to 35 unreserved, but then Frost Shield does not trigger. Not sure which is preferable at this point.

I'm sure i can get to around 60 if I swamp things around, but will that make such a difference? I think armor difference is around 1-1.5k between the 2 scenarios i mention above.
"
akispsi wrote:

Hey grimjack!

If I respec one point out of 5% herald reservation i drop down to 35 unreserved, but then Frost Shield does not trigger. Not sure which is preferable at this point.

I'm sure i can get to around 60 if I swamp things around, but will that make such a difference? I think armor difference is around 1-1.5k between the 2 scenarios i mention above.
So the question is, why is your mana so low? Mine isn't great, and I'm still at 4658.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
akispsi wrote:

Hey grimjack!

So the question is, why is your mana so low? Mine isn't great, and I'm still at 4658.
Entirely tree choices, looks like.

I've taken the Insightfulness wheel, Deep thoughts, Cruel Preparation, Arcane Will, and one extra node next to Mystic Bulwark. That gives me an extra 1.3k mana. With most of that reserved, my at rest armour is 48,578. Without that extra mana, my armour is 38,221. With flasks up, it's 83,887 vs 69,445. That's a LOT of physical damage reduction that you're missing.

I'd drop the split personality for another small with uncompromising, that should let you drop the Discord Artisan wheel. Throw those points into Arcane will, Insightfulness, or Deep Thoughts.
ok, this is my final set up ( just need enchants on boots & gloves is all )

If you can see improvements, don't be shy, say something

"
akispsi wrote:
Hello everyone!

Thanks!

Hi Aksipi,

thank you and I take a look into your pob later with desktop pc. Yes, your armour and es are low and you need to raise them. You can start with a basalt flask instead 2. granite flask (2 granite flasks only queue and don't stack). Get Divergent frostshield for 10% more damagereductions.

You should improve your amulet (on page 50 in the tradelinks are alternatives), anoint it with aligned spirit or what you need. Stygian belt with armour and a helmet enchant should be upgraded.

Take also a look into the spoiler "checklist defences" if some important layers are missing.

Last edited by Chromino on Aug 6, 2021, 9:54:16 AM
"
Eag1e wrote:

* Harvest quality conversion on dagger (aoe?)
* Better corruption on shield, unless you need that +4 block (in that case, double corruption with +4 block and something juicy, might take 1000 shield though)
* optional: before corrupting shield, get one with better es+armor and quality
* attribute catalysts on ring for +4 all stats =)
* abyssal jewel has two useless mods, try go get blind for minions? Two other stats are legacy of course, so are there any available? But imo blind is better than couple points of es
* Hillock quality flasks to 28%
* Hillock quality helmet to 28%

All these are very small. But if you want to minmax..
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Eag1e wrote:

* Harvest quality conversion on dagger (aoe?)
* Better corruption on shield, unless you need that +4 block (in that case, double corruption with +4 block and something juicy, might take 1000 shield though)
* optional: before corrupting shield, get one with better es+armor and quality
* attribute catalysts on ring for +4 all stats =)
* abyssal jewel has two useless mods, try go get blind for minions? Two other stats are legacy of course, so are there any available? But imo blind is better than couple points of es
* Hillock quality flasks to 28%
* Hillock quality helmet to 28%

All these are very small. But if you want to minmax..

If AoE on dagger is viable, i can do that easily enough

lol forgot about attributes buff on ring, thanks for that :)

I agree on the shield, as i did think at the time that 'block' included spell and phys block but it don't, so swapped out my shield for a 400% es / armour one

As for abyssal, i CAN swap them out but couldn't get one with better stats as hardly any replies in trade now but i'll keep trying

I'll hunt for hillock later

Ok, tried this build out, and i REALLY struggle to get the spiders to appear :(
Last edited by Eag1e on Aug 6, 2021, 6:59:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info