[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50-250M

trigger spiders on arakaali's fangs is untouched? i think, no reservation there
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
"

Yeah the spiders part of the build seems perfectly fine, but the HoAg part seems to be incredibly difficult to maintain.

edit: As far as I can tell I can get back to 85% chance to poison with Ball Lightning, Lesser Poison (which will become poison support??), the 20% chance from HoAg, and then the 25% from taking the 3 nodes for Serpentine Spellslinger by CI.

Definitely not convenient for early Ball Lightning use, but maybe Cobra Lash can be the early skill? Ran a few Blood Aqueducts with Cobra Lash and it felt pretty bad.
Last edited by TheBigDirty on Jul 20, 2021, 10:28:11 PM
"
TheBigDirty wrote:
"

Yeah the spiders part of the build seems perfectly fine, but the HoAg part seems to be incredibly difficult to maintain.

edit: As far as I can tell I can get back to 85% chance to poison with Ball Lightning, Lesser Poison (which will become poison support??), the 20% chance from HoAg, and then the 25% from taking the 3 nodes for Serpentine Spellslinger by CI.

Definitely not convenient for early Ball Lightning use, but maybe Cobra Lash can be the early skill? Ran a few Blood Aqueducts with Cobra Lash and it felt pretty bad.

Yes, probably we have to invest much more into virulences. Serpentine spellslinger will be probably best (or septic spells on clusters as weak variant alternative in the defensive edition).

Cobra lash is too slow in lategame.
Early levelling most times the crawler has enough damage without maximal virulences, but in high tiers we depend on generating the virulences maximal and fast.

Anomalous poison was one of the skills and content I personally wished to not get nerfed (besides CI, spiders, ball-lightnings and sniper's mark), the gloves with added integrated poison support were removed too, so 3 passives are not a short way we have to add and we still loose 15%. We can compensate this lesser chance to poison with increased castspeed also, which stacks nice with both ball-lightnings and storm brands.

I fear it will get for not CI's ascendancies like juggernaut almost impossible to reach 60 virulences without poison immunity/ without golden rule. I fear Jugg-HoA will be very hard to optimize.

Probably we have to switch out some of the small starting passives in the starting area of the templar and loose some armour and energyshield with them.
Or switch out rotten claws on the large clusters or switch out anointed flesh or switch out whispers of doom.

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 22, 2021, 12:41:35 AM
"
helloicanseeu wrote:
"
Arkanis_Gath wrote:
I just took a quick look at the patchnote ... the main problem will be mana multipliers that will completely explode mana reserved

Empower:
Now has a 140% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 125%).

Awakened Vicious Projectiles:
Now has a 140% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 120%).

Minion Damage:
Now has a 150% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 130%).

Damage on Full Life:
Now has a 140% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 130%).

I think build is dead, even if we throw off discipline

will try to make it with reduced hoa reservatiom helm in standard after 3.15, to see if u can still squeeze it in

Yes, that will get not easy but manageable.
We have to take some of the effective possibilities of manamanegement, probably:

2x circle of nostalgia
2 - 3 x uncompromising on small clusters

Amulet anointed with charisma

Additional:
Helmet enchant less skill reservation
Perhaps boots "the stampede" anointed with Champion of the cause or discord artisan
Medium clusters with uncompromising & self-control combinated in the defensive variant
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 20, 2021, 11:11:51 PM
"
Arkanis_Gath wrote:
I just took a quick look at the patchnote ... the main problem will be mana multipliers that will completely explode mana reserved

Empower:

Minion Damage:

Damage on Full Life:

Don't worry, hehehe.

Mmhmm, we have to change some points.

I guess 7.

Seven points and helmet-enchant to switch will be mandatory, with them the build stays safe, alive and stinging.

2-3 x uncompromising on small clusters and charisma on amulet and helmet enchant less skill reservation HoA will offer enough mana for full damagesupport. Overall we will loose some 400-600 es and armour (or elemental avoidances or second curse or we need 20% more armour of the New basalt flask instead soulripper or instead bottled faith for full 140-150k armour) in change for mana and virulences in 3.15.

We are not hit as hard as other builds in defences, we dont rely on flasks and have a lot permament ailment avoidances, but we have to invest and balance a bit more into full damage.

Probaly we loose the HoA lesser multiple projectiles support as helmet enchant too or have to take in the long way to discord artisan also to get it for high density content. In the defensive variations of the build with 55 virulences it will be still a nice possibility, but for endgame-bossing we will need mandatory the less-skill-rervation helmet enchant.

Switching out discipline/ vaal discipline or grace/ vaal grace against skillgem- and damage increasements with a rare amulet remains another way in the offensive editions.

In the defences this build will have a full advantages of huge es on block when the fights take longer, and the best characteristics like the large attacking range as best screencleaning-skill of Heralds and spiders will keep this build extreme strong - especially comparing it to other melee heralds and minions guardian-builds.

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 21, 2021, 1:34:26 AM
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Arkanis_Gath wrote:

Empower:

Minion Damage:

Damage on Full Life:

I have a sliver of hope that Reaper can replace Herald of Agony.

"
Semarogin wrote:
I don't know how to do any HoAg build now:
"
The modifiers that granted increased Poison Duration and Socketed Gems are Supported by Poison can no longer roll. Existing items with this modifier will now be Supported by Critical Strike Affliction.

Poison Renamed to Critical Strike Affliction Support.
No longer grants “Supported Skills deal 20-39% more Damage with Poison” or “Supported Skills have 60% chance to Poison on Hit”. It now grants "Supported Skills have +55-83% Damage over Time Multiplier for Ailments from Critical Strikes".

I hope that GGG just didn't mention that Lesser Poison Support (Renamed to Chance to Poison Support) has better value than 40% chance to poison.

Yes, we have to switch 3 points for virulences and still loose 15% chance to poison. Overall we have to change 7 points. We loose around 10%, 10000-20000 armour and 5% (400) energyshield or instead one curse, elemental ailments reductions or 5 virulences. Not nice but manageable. Another way is to compensate with increased cast speed, it stacks much with ball-lightnings and storm brands.

I am very curiuous about the reaper-minion too as support, but perhaps the Sentinels of Absolution are synergizing better as another support for the Herald of Agony.

Will get very, very interesting!

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 21, 2021, 3:07:37 AM
"
Chromino wrote:

I am very curiuous about the reaper-miniontoo as support, but perhaps the Sentinels of Absolution are synergizing better as another support for the Herald of Agony.

Will get very, very interesting!

Curious to hear what you think about it!

I leaguestarted as HoP->HoA spiders last league and I might actually play the "same" build again if the new gems add a new twist. I came here thinking about Absolution, but now I'm also curious about reaper.
7 points + helmet enchant + 3 clusters is not an option for me. Too much to loose in term of clean and dps.

I will probably try something else ( maybe absolution )

Or dominating blow....
Dominating Blow:
Now deals 238% of Base Damage, and has 238% Effectiveness of Added Damage at gem level 20 (previously 190%).
Last edited by Arkanis_Gath on Jul 21, 2021, 2:43:47 AM
"
Arkanis_Gath wrote:
7 points + helmet enchant + 3 clusters is not an option for me. Too much to loose in term of clean and dps.

I will probably try something else ( maybe absolution )

Or dominating blow....
Dominating Blow:
Now deals 238% of Base Damage, and has 238% Effectiveness of Added Damage at gem level 20 (previously 190%).

The dom-blow buff is nice, but only the minions will deal damage, the buff of domblow itself don't offer much, only 2% buff of total damage when I calculate correct.

Dom blow low is such a nice skill, but slow, hard to target mobs and low damage. I hope much that sentinels of absolution become a variant!
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 21, 2021, 3:28:35 AM
Damn you're right ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info