allbluedream wrote:
"
mmutsch wrote:
"
caged_rage666 wrote:
Lol

Let me address the community:

Make better builds 🤷🏻‍♂️
None of this breaks the game, if it breaks your current build, then make a new one. If you can't make a viable build with these options then maybe that's a "you" problem.

All this is true. However, players are allowed to be upset if the things they like are removed. The forums are one way to give feedback to GGG. What is also true? Players can choose a different game.

Also, viable =/= enjoyable. Especially if they are used to something else.

This is what happens when there is no good competition. They dare you to play another game.

Grim Dawn is the only ARPG I know of that can compete with PoE and thats more of a solo player experience. D4 is still a long ways off. :/
"
Abysmalblade wrote:
"
Gorasan wrote:
We were told that all Ascendancies like the 3 showed during the podcast would be change in the same way, I guess the 3 chosen to be shown were picked for that reason.
yeah you might wanna go back and actually listen to the announcements they specifically said that the others were not reworked but rebalanced with mostly numeric changes

I'm not sold on the idea that it's mostly numerical changes. The majority seem to be alonge the lines of added 2 things, removed 3. Gladiator for example has 9 removed and 6 added; Champion added 9, removed 13.

Some of those might cancel each other out for sure, but at first glance it looks like they've removed a lot of speed, damage and mitigation, and given back one or two of those at reduced amounts.

It's all speculation until we get patch notes I suppose.
"
Havo wrote:
For not trying to nerf things you did a great job nerfing everything. I hate to see what happens when you try to do it.

Mind showing us in detail what the powerful new things are? I see something like this

Added
20% more Damage with Bleeding

Removed
Attacks have 25% chance to cause Bleeding
30% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Bleeding Enemies
25% more Damage with Bleeding

So how is 20% more of something more powerful than 25% more of the same thing plus 2 other things. I'm confused.

Cuz Blood in the Eyes before it has doubled chance to bleed and increased chance to blind Bleeding enemies with hits. That's a huge buff cuz you can access it after the first Labyrinth and basically get the chance to bleed from 2 Labs for one. Better leveling, easier gearing. And if you don't like Gratuitious Violence anymore, just put the points into other stuff, especially since the chance to block no longer requires shield or dual wield. Seems like the DOT dmg has been reduced across the board.
"
dizz wrote:
"
We are really confident that once the community at large sinks their teeth into these new options, there will be a tonne of powerful new builds available to discover. This should be further emphasised tomorrow when we reveal the full patch notes for 3.13 which includes over 40 skill gem buffs and other balance changes.

I was looking forward to playing my second summoner ever this upcoming league, playing since PoE beta.

Right now with spectres losing 4 levels and necromancer nerfs across the board, either the rest of minion gems are going to have to be buffed, or cool new minions are introduced for that quote to be applicable lol.

Level 72 spectres at gem level 20 sounds horrible. You reach gem level 20 at about character level 85-90 at the earliest, unless traded for. Having spectres 20 levels below you is.. not good. Haha.

I'd prefer other classes got buffed instead of just hard-nerfing everything league after league. Even if it means increasing monster life again.

Yes.... that nerf is equivalent to trying to run T14+ maps with a level 16 Raise Spectre gem. I suppose if you were aura stacking you could get away with it.
wow people are already really upset
Imagine tomorrow if they see their favorite items getting nerfed... :(
"
MackBesmirch wrote:
"
Havo wrote:
For not trying to nerf things you did a great job nerfing everything. I hate to see what happens when you try to do it.

Mind showing us in detail what the powerful new things are? I see something like this

Added
20% more Damage with Bleeding

Removed
Attacks have 25% chance to cause Bleeding
30% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Bleeding Enemies
25% more Damage with Bleeding

So how is 20% more of something more powerful than 25% more of the same thing plus 2 other things. I'm confused.

Cuz Blood in the Eyes before it has doubled chance to bleed and increased chance to blind Bleeding enemies with hits. That's a huge buff cuz you can access it after the first Labyrinth and basically get the chance to bleed from 2 Labs for one. Better leveling, easier gearing. And if you don't like Gratuitious Violence anymore, just put the points into other stuff, especially since the chance to block no longer requires shield or dual wield. Seems like the DOT dmg has been reduced across the board.

Leveling with gladiator was never an issue, neither was it the chance to bleed, or gearing. I'm fine with gladiator being slightly nerfed, but c'mon..
Faith in GGG restored! Did not disappoint me again! RIP Assassin.

Truly path of nerfs.
"
Magn3th3ad wrote:
"
Abysmalblade wrote:
"
Gorasan wrote:
We were told that all Ascendancies like the 3 showed during the podcast would be change in the same way, I guess the 3 chosen to be shown were picked for that reason.
yeah you might wanna go back and actually listen to the announcements they specifically said that the others were not reworked but rebalanced with mostly numeric changes

I'm not sold on the idea that it's mostly numerical changes. The majority seem to be alonge the lines of added 2 things, removed 3. Gladiator for example has 9 removed and 6 added; Champion added 9, removed 13.

Some of those might cancel each other out for sure, but at first glance it looks like they've removed a lot of speed, damage and mitigation, and given back one or two of those at reduced amounts.

It's all speculation until we get patch notes I suppose.

you gotta read every detail. some of the removed/added -- like the block chance specifics -- are mini-buffs. Not just cuz they are simpler, but you can now stack blocking w Staves and are not restricted to shield or dual wield. Seems insignificant if you're already a shield Gladiator, but the removal in those cases actually means "removal of restrictions."

And you gotta look at the relationship of the nodes. Gratuitous Violence lost 25% chance to bleed, but Blood in the Eyes before it GAINED that 25% chance to bleed, so it's still a total of 50%, but all in one node. The loss of 5% Bleed dmg seems in line with the 5% reductions to other DoT dmgs across all ascendancies. And they gave us a defensive tradeoff in the removal of the 30% dmg w hits and ailments to already bleeding enemies with +15% chance to blind bleeding enemies.

Now think about that playstyle -- it actually services fast-paced strikes and movement and the mechanic of bleed in the first place -- monsters take more damage moving while bleeding. whomp them and keep moving; save yourself the extra hits. the 30% dmg was nice for bosses that stood still, but for regular mobs and bosses that move around, it was kind of redundant. The defense buff of blind will be more universally useful for all gladiator builds. Not to mention it is accessible after 1 Labyrinth, combined with 50% chance to bleed that early... leveling will be a breeze.
For the 1st in 4 years , I’ve reached red maps with necrobuild . Now this happens T_T
This "balance" is a f@#$ing joke.

Assasin (poison bv) is basically shit right now, with the changes done to "Toxic Delivery" & "Noxious Strike" and no, it doesn't balance with anything, it loses ~40% of it's overall damage - same thing with bleed bow gladiator, dot damage was nerfed significantly.

Also, Blade Vortex can no longer be played on Elementalist with heralds, due to the changes to the Elementalist ascendancy.

If you also nerfed the BV gem, you can just remove it from the game.. it's pointless in having it.

"We buffed over 40 skills" - yes, but you buffed all the crap skills that no one plays, ppl don't want to play cobra lash and scortching ray, because they are trash and no matter how much you buff them, they will still be trash - no one wants to stay still and channel a skill in a game with high one shot potential.

And btw.. the, "wow, thanks GGG for these awesome changes" ppl are the ones that play for 2 weeks and never get past yellow maps, think about that.

GGG.. get off the shrooms, take a second and look at this crap!!!

And btw, please show us the "powerfull new options" for Shadow Assasin cause i have trouble seeing them!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info