[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Vei wrote:
"
Hemanse wrote:

I took the SSF approach this league and have only pretty much bought the jewels. Done most of what i usually end up doing in terms of end game bosses.

I just did Shaper with Maven by a mistake, which was kinda nuts. I could feel my dps was either low or she was spam healing him :)

When it comes to upgrades, anyone that could stear me in a direction? I have read through the guide, but im not really sure where to look for the best dps boost.

I know my gear is probably nothing special at least.

I probably should also learn to use POB better, when i import my character into it, my DPS is absolute garbage, so either my gear is horrible or im doing something wrong :D

Hi

Since you mention SSF, I am not sure if what I mention below makes sense for your approach so just apply whichever fits you.

These 3 points kind of relates to each other so factor all of them in together as you make adjustments.

1. I see you are short on Fire Resist, definitely get it to 75% at least.

2. You are way over 100% Chance to Hit, which means Master Fletcher anoint on your amulet is providing lesser DPS for you since "20% increased Global Accuracy Rating" won't be adding anything to your DPS. Consider going for Shaman's Dominion Anoint.

3. Your rares Quivers, Rings, Gloves need upgrades, refer to 11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details on what to look for them. After upgrading, ensure you still have a minimum of 95% Chance to Hit(Near 100% will be the most ideal)

These would be my suggestions.

Regards

P.S. Your DPS looks fine to me in POB

Thank you. Yeah i did try to go the SSF route without actually being in the SSF league, but i will start purchasing some gear. I only have around 15-16 worth of EX, but should be abel to get a few things.

Im not sure if POB is showing resistance wrong, i am im a T15 map right now and are capped on all, except for chaos where i have 34%.

I will go for some better rings, gloves and a quiver.

Apart from Bladeblast Chieftain, this have been the easiest to get into endgame without spending a lot.
Build is fantastic and it's been a really fun break from my Golem Necro. Any tips or direction on what I should upgrade next? The most obvious thing is a corrupted Frostferno, but while I'm grinding out for that, is there any glaring pieces that need upgrades?
"
tritho wrote:

My progress so far in a ssf private league with 2 friends - took me a while to get the combat focus jewels, but the build feels amazing once you get the timeless jewel! Im having so much fun thanks to you!!:D

Thanks for sharing your progress and happy to hear that your having lots of fun! ^_^

"
Hemanse wrote:
Thank you. Yeah i did try to go the SSF route without actually being in the SSF league, but i will start purchasing some gear. I only have around 15-16 worth of EX, but should be abel to get a few things.

Im not sure if POB is showing resistance wrong, i am im a T15 map right now and are capped on all, except for chaos where i have 34%.

15-16 Ex can basically gear up every equipment slot base on "11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details" already if we pay the right amount for items, and for +2 Frostferno, it is pretty expensive this league so instead of buying, I recommend getting it by using Vaal Orbs if its not too troublesome.

Regarding the Resistance thing, there were also 1-2 cases previously that has this issue, I have no idea if it's a POB problem or not. Anyway as long as you have enough resist and am aware of the need for 75% Elemental Resist and later 109% uncapped Elemental Resist that is good enough :)

"
Regards wrote:
Build is fantastic and it's been a really fun break from my Golem Necro. Any tips or direction on what I should upgrade next? The most obvious thing is a corrupted Frostferno, but while I'm grinding out for that, is there any glaring pieces that need upgrades?

Awesome!

As for glaring Pieces, your Marylene's Fallacy(Crit Multi), Rain of Splinters and Combat Focus(Viridian) are pretty low rolled, might want to look for a near max/max rolled one.

Also try see if you can get more Flat Accuracy to go above 95% Chance to Hit, you are currently at 93%.

After the above ones, you can refer to "26. Upgrade Reference List" for upgrade ideas. :)

Cheers

My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
The resistance differences might be because the Timeless jewel that add stats at random on notables.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
Assuming we "crafted" our frostferno with the method in the build guide, is there any recommendation for the corruption? Just vaal? Alva?
"
kikeuy wrote:
The resistance differences might be because the Timeless jewel that add stats at random on notables.

Ah, that makes total sense since 2 of the cases were below 75% for Fire Resist, which Lethal Pride can add 20% of to a random Notable(Probably to Surveillance and Golem's Blood in those cases)

Thank you for solving the mystery. :)

"
nico5051 wrote:
Assuming we "crafted" our frostferno with the method in the build guide, is there any recommendation for the corruption? Just vaal? Alva?

Vaal Orb is for Single Corrupt while Alva Temple is for Double Corrupt so they are different and also depends on which one you have access to.

If you want to go for the best outcome possible it's of course Alva, but that is also rarer compared to Vaal Orbs.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Great guide! I have never played any totem build before and managed to finish act 10 in four and half hours with tabula, quill rain and combat focus jewels.

a few thoughts as new to totem:

- personally, I don't really like flame totem as the main skill since the mana cost gets really crazy. also, flame wall pretty much doubles the damage while you can use another spell (assuming another 4L so much more dmg than double totem). another problem with the flame totem is that it has a relatively short range without proj speed and thus feels weird to use (at least for me).

since the Skirmish quiver only requires lv19 to use, directly transition into ele hit totem is actually really smooth with just one combat focus and rain of splinter jewel (cannot choose lightning -> freeze and chill are great during levelling). quill rain will carry and perform better than something like 6L +2bow. use tabula before getting forstferno is totally fine and fast enough for me (and not much mana cost issues)

I mostly used smoke mine with denote mine on left click. with "always attack without moving", I can simply drop a totem or two when I ran into a pack of monsters and keep running. this is much easier after the first ascendency node. I highly recommend using smoke mine as the main movement skill, especially during levelling. with flesh and stone (on sand stance ofc), this is actually safer than it looks and pretty fast to level up the character.

the atlas passive changes might make the corruption altar much more accessible (and also made me bricked one frostferno per day since i started doing this lol). it's prob better to save the helm and straight go farming Alva in glennach Cairns region. farming legion on the way should also get a bit of income during the process.

not sure but making a bow with +1 socketed/ +2 support might be another option. this requires to buy a 6L bow+ empower lv4 but free up helm slot for berserk buff effect + addition pierce craft. the crafting cost about 4~5 ex and another two ex for empower. since it's cheaper than corrupted forstferno (+2 was like 15ex?), I was wondering if you have any comments or thoughts about that.
This build has been a blast so far! The most fun I have had in a long long time tbh!

I sold off all my league starter items from my other failed build, reinvested into this and just went for it. Doing most content easily now! (Well, except that 4x breach lord invitation)

I am still not finished leveling, only at 93 now (as Ascendant: Chief/Raider), but I am curious on what you guys would recommend for trying to squeeze more damage out of it? I am still working on my rings, and I guess perhaps my belt could be better:

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAO4CIAUtBqAIZwiJDY0UdRUgFm8YVho4HRQdwh5qIdAj9ioTKjgqTSvnLOktqC5TMHEwfDH6Mn4ylDWSN9Q51DpCOuE7ujwtPydAoEMxSn1KyEt4TP9Nkk3jTipRR1b6WOVZ81orWlJbr11oXhNkhGZUZp5rNG6qcg9yqXTtdvd313rve257w38CfyuDX4PMhFOGs4d2jX2NuY2_kFWTOpRvlQWXIZrxm12gn6PypMKmV6aIpq-omqyqr42xfLTTtfK3PrfWvSe-gMEzwXzD5sT2xq7KqdNv1CPYvdlg2cbawdtZ3Q3dqN7c42rtP-5v7_3yRfKX-IL60v1u_gr-jw==?accountName=aaOzymandias&characterName=AngryInvisibleWoman

I see other players having better damage on similar builds, and I am just not figuring out where I can get the most bang for my buck.
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Feb 7, 2021, 8:33:59 PM
Thank for you guide, i can do all boss with low cost gear in this league. this build so fun

Spoiler
Just a question to 2 posts above. Why did you drop Marylene Fallacy ?

On my build (heavily juiced one) the +2 amulet with crit multi is maybe comparable (but it most of the cases worse) than Marylene ....

In fact the best one for 60 ex that exists on the market means -70k DPS for me ...

@Vei - regarding your Jewel Cluster comparison.
Indeed using your POB it is downgrade in DPS.

But ...

If you know the game the 5.1k life is enough for the build.

Here's what i did :

Drop Allira.
Drop Juggernaut Wheel.
Drop 2 small nodes near Purity of Flesh wheel.

This way i can have King of the Hill and Cluster wheel. Plus primeval force wheel.
Also if you have enough accuracy, the Farsight is better than Acuity :)

For me the cluster is around 20% More DPS.

What's more - now i am thinking about changing the cluseter to fire one with Cooked alive and Cremator. Additional 200k dps.

But that's min-maxing for the passionate ones.

Last edited by bartpio on Feb 8, 2021, 8:43:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info