[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Some upgrades. Self crafted :)

Love the build :)
Hi crimson,

Appreciate and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Sounds like Raider is working well with the higher end content base on your feedback, I might have been too overly concerned about it's survivability issues. Could be because I always try to balance things between both group(Hardcore and Casual) of players for the build, as can be seen from the way I approach my guide, offering different/additional options(Curses, Long vs Close Range, etc) in some parts of the guide depending on how people want to approach them.

Generally people will tend to move and change things towards the DPS side but not so much in the defensive direction so I would prefer a more conservative approach with the build. I also factored in a bit that there are Hardcore players playing the build.

From reading around, it seems like for 6 Link Totem setups, Multiple Support Totems(MTS) is a possible option to go for for the 2 totem per cast. Unfortunately, this build's core item is based on a 4 Link so MTS isn't an option.

I would think there's the possibility someone in the future(Definitely not me) create a 6 Link Ele Hit Ballista build since I have seen quite a number of people experiment with 6 Link Ele Hit Ballista on POE.Ninja. Perhaps that will provide the opportunity to use MTS then, though the build could be quite different from this one.

For now, I guess I'll just be on the lookout for new toys that let us put 2 totems per cast :)

"
bartpio wrote:
Some upgrades. Self crafted :)

Love the build :)

Some nice crafts there! :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
Vei wrote:

From reading around, it seems like for 6 Link Totem setups, Multiple Support Totems(MTS) is a possible option to go for for the 2 totem per cast. Unfortunately, this build's core item is based on a 4 Link so MTS isn't an option.

I would think there's the possibility someone in the future(Definitely not me) create a 6 Link Ele Hit Ballista build since I have seen quite a number of people experiment with 6 Link Ele Hit Ballista on POE.Ninja. Perhaps that will provide the opportunity to use MTS then, though the build could be quite different from this one.

For now, I guess I'll just be on the lookout for new toys that let us put 2 totems per cast :)

Indeed, i think you already know the limitation of this build in a sense that it will cap at a certain currency level according to your mid tier upgrades. I foresee that to move over to MTS, we will need to do some harvest crafting in over to surpass the easy access Frostferno gives us to our main skills. I think Frostferno is both a blessing and a curse once you have reached the end game options and want to really throw currency and min max it.

I might revisit a 6 link variant with MTS once the league economy has matured and see if it is possible to sneak in MTS. It may also very well be a significant change to the build that it may just confuse newer players if added to the guide.
Last edited by crimsonraziel9 on Jan 27, 2021, 7:00:38 AM
"
Indeed, i think you already know the limitation of this build in a sense that it will cap at a certain currency level according to your mid tier upgrades. I foresee that to move over to MTS, we will need to do some harvest crafting in over to surpass the easy access Frostferno gives us to our main skills. I think Frostferno is both a blessing and a curse once you have reached the end game options and want to really throw currency and min max it.

Agree with you, This is not really a great build for those who have lots of currency and want to throw everything into it to min-max, but rather, it's one of the best(Pricing/Power to Cost Ratio) starting build to let one earn currency to throw them into whatever they want after.

Definitely a Con for people who want to throw, say 200 ex into this build. I would highly recommend investing that into another build instead, especially one that becomes insane when lots of currency are thrown into it.

The only reason to ever invest so much currency into this build is if you really love this build and its playstyle.

Edit: Just to clarify for everyone else reading though, without throwing currency to min-max this build, it can already do everything so there's no need to throw currency to this build. That is what I meant, not that the high end of this build is not good.

"
I might revisit a 6 link variant with MTS once the league economy has matured and see if it is possible to sneak in MTS. It may also very well be a significant change to the build that it may just confuse newer players if added to the guide.

I'll be very interested and happy to hear your findings if you do. If it happens to fit this build well and doesn't require too much revamping of the build/guide, I will definitely add it to the Optional Section of the guide if you don't mind and crediting you for it of course.

Last edited by Vei on Jan 27, 2021, 3:19:23 PM
Update: Elder Guardians Invitation, Shaper Guardians Invitation, Shaper, Elder done with this build by far. With this I assume that Breach lords wont be challanging, I never was on Uber Atziri so I can even think what is waiting for me there, Cortex league I kinda skipped so also no opinion.

I'm going hard till I hit the wall with this build. Thank you author, it is strong currency farmer/mapper/bosser. And strongest challanges are done usually by builds with EXTREME regen power and EXTREMELY expensive ones.

I can recommend this build with whole my heart as a starter to roll on heists, red maps, Ritual shrines. And then when you have 100 ex to move on - It's nothing wrong with that, our money hamster is done. <3
HI men, awesome build, i am at 67 lvl right now. But i have a question about piercing. On big spot of mobs, piercing shots will be awesome,and clear more can i get this from equipment ? or some tree nods ? Thanks :D
Last edited by Wojtul123 on Jan 27, 2021, 7:33:51 PM
"
Wojtul123 wrote:
HI men, awesome build, i am at 67 lvl right now. But i have a question about piercing. On big spot of mobs, piercing shots will be awesome,and clear more can i get this from equipment ? or some tree nods ? Thanks :D

Hi there,

Great to hear that the build is awesome for you!

For piercing, there are a few options we can go for:

Earlier on
- Crafting "Projectiles Pierce an additional Target" on gloves(Requires Open Prfix)
- Using a Penetrating Arrow Quiver
- Using Poacher's Aim unique Jewel(Not really recommended since it's a very weak jewel and we don't have spare Jewel socket unless you are playing Ascendant. Take this only as a very desperate last resort)

Later on
- Hunter Influenced Boot with "Projectiles Pierce 2 additional Targets" (Recommended Solution)

With regards to taking Piercing Shots from the Passive Tree, I think its a bit costly to spend 4 points to get 3 Pierce or to replace Shaman's Dominion/Master Fletcher anoint with this. For now, I am not against getting it but I am a bit towards not getting it due to the 4 Point cost/DPS loss from not anointing Shaman/Master. I would say take it only if you have trouble getting Piercing from the above mentioned sources.

"
Irbis3325 wrote:
Update: Elder Guardians Invitation, Shaper Guardians Invitation, Shaper, Elder done with this build by far. With this I assume that Breach lords wont be challanging, I never was on Uber Atziri so I can even think what is waiting for me there, Cortex league I kinda skipped so also no opinion.

I'm going hard till I hit the wall with this build. Thank you author, it is strong currency farmer/mapper/bosser. And strongest challanges are done usually by builds with EXTREME regen power and EXTREMELY expensive ones.

I can recommend this build with whole my heart as a starter to roll on heists, red maps, Ritual shrines. And then when you have 100 ex to move on - It's nothing wrong with that, our money hamster is done. <3

Hi Irbis3325,

Very happy to hear that build served you well.

Thank you for the very strong recommendation and the great feedback!

Have fun! :)

Cheers

This might sound like a dumb question but if multiple aoes from the same shot overlap, it shotguns and counts them *all* as damage, right? (I know the arrows can't shotgun)
Hello! I decided to drop in and say that I just killed a8 sirus for the first time with this build deathless, and I am surprised and how easy it was. I am doing a raider version that I found on poe.ninja that doesn't travel all the way to ancestral bond, and I have yet to get a corrupted frostferno, but the damage seems perfectly fine without it.
"
Techgamer wrote:
This might sound like a dumb question but if multiple aoes from the same shot overlap, it shotguns and counts them *all* as damage, right? (I know the arrows can't shotgun)

This is actually a good question. I don't have the answer for it so I looked around but wasn't able to find a satisfactory answer.

So I decided to do a test myself:

- 2 Almost Same DPS(Base on POB with ignite included, just 1 DPS difference) setup with minmal item differences(Level 2 Elemental Hit with Level 21 GMP versus a Level 1 Elemental Hit, the rest are the same)

- Which means one setup with just 1 Projectile and another with 5 Projectiles

- Test was done on a Totem(Non Regenerate ones) on Act 1 Ledge, firing once at them when standing beside them, making sure they are ignited after I fire.

Didn't have a lot of time so I just did 2 tries for each, both times the 5 projectile(GMP) setup did more damage than the Single Projectile one.

From the Health bar of the totems, the AOE doesn't seem to do a lot of damage though, i.e. small additional damage.

So from the above test it would seem that Multiple AOEs from the same shot does overlap.

"
imwolf21 wrote:
Hello! I decided to drop in and say that I just killed a8 sirus for the first time with this build deathless, and I am surprised and how easy it was. I am doing a raider version that I found on poe.ninja that doesn't travel all the way to ancestral bond, and I have yet to get a corrupted frostferno, but the damage seems perfectly fine without it.

Hello!

Congrats your A8 Sirus kill! Awesome to hear that you did it without a corrupted Frostferno. :)

Thanks for sharing your playing experiences with Raider.

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info