[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Adjust91 wrote:
Is there any point equipping a HH with this build? just curious.

This build doesn't make use of mechanics that extends HH buff so using it on this build is kind of limiting it's power. Though I think HH is kind of nice(In the good to have sense, not a must) for Legion 5 ways.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
does anybody managed to make this build more tanky and mind to share? Like my gear is kinda op but i strugle a lot with endgame bosses
Hi I started with your build.
I'm having trouble upgrading my gear.
I have about 20 exalts and how do I boost dps?
I can't kill yellow mobs fast in tier 15-16

https://pastebin.com/Q2LyU6F5
Last edited by decliff on Jan 25, 2021, 5:02:31 PM
If i plug t1 crit multi t1 edwa with crafted attack speed as in the pob it still gives me much less damage than skirmish. I understand that rare quiver has life but still is it supposed to be lower dps?

also with double curse already, is this allowing us to triple?
Hi Vei,

Thanks a lot for looking at my character. Concerning my resists, I don't why importing my char does that, but I can assure you that in game my resists are capped (even lightly overcapped).

However that does not help me to understand why your PoB has 1.8M DPS per totem, while mine has 400k. From the big stuff I'm missing, I see:
- +2 corrupted Frostferno
- Vaal haste (won't use that, too many buttons to press already)
- Power charges (will probably use that when switching to Farrul's Fur)
- Better rares
- Awakened Ele Dmg with Attacks
- WoC trap

I tried to copy as much config from your PoB to mine, and I could close the gap to 1.3M for me vs 1.8M in yours, but I'm still missing something. I don't really care about PoB numbers, but I just want to be sure that I did not miss some critical gearing or skill update for my character.

Here's my test PoB: https://pastebin.com/aSJQdwzi

"
keksik0061 wrote:
does anybody managed to make this build more tanky and mind to share? Like my gear is kinda op but i strugle a lot with endgame bosses

I see you don't lack in the defenses this build utilizes, other than maybe considering more Life Flasks and/or Forbidden Taste(For that instant life recovery when we take a big hit).

That said, this is not a "Swim in Sirus Storm" build. Thus, for end game bosses, having OP gear is only part of the equation. Understanding the Boss Mechanic and playing around them is the other part(To bypass this, have to play another tank or "Swim in Sirus Storm" build).

"
keksik0061 wrote:

also with double curse already, is this allowing us to triple?

The ring only lets you cast Assasin's Mark on the enemy without the Gem. It doesn't increase the maximum curse on the enemy. For your case, it's 2, which is taken by your Sniper's Mark and Flammability. To utilize Assasin's Mark, you will have to get more source of "You can apply an additional Curse"

However, you might want to note that regardless of how many Maximum Curses the enemy can have, they can only have a maximum of 1 Mark on them, which means Assasin's Mark will override Sniper's Mark and vice versa. Only Hexes, e.g. Flammability, Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, etc are not limited to 1.

"
Profatum wrote:
If i plug t1 crit multi t1 edwa with crafted attack speed as in the pob it still gives me much less damage than skirmish. I understand that rare quiver has life but still is it supposed to be lower dps?

Since your profile is set to private, I'll use the default POB in Section 7 of the guide instead for comparison:

DPS numbers are Shaper DPS:

Rare Spike-Point(30%) Quiver(With T1 Crit Multi(37), T1 EDWA(50) and Crafted Attack Speed(12)) - 1.286m X 7 totems = 9.00m

Skirmish = 1.112m X 8 totems = 8.96m

It's quite near Skirmish numbers so if the rolls on the rare quiver(With just those above affixes) are lower, its DPS might be lesser than Skirmish.

However 80-99 potential life is quite a big chunk of life to not take plus there are still prefixes and suffixes for additional things like Flat Accurracy, Critical Strike Chance, Additional Projectiles/Pierce, Movement Speed so a rare quiver with decent rolls is definitely much better than a Skirmish.

"
decliff wrote:
Hi I started with your build.
I'm having trouble upgrading my gear.
I have about 20 exalts and how do I boost dps?
I can't kill yellow mobs fast in tier 15-16

https://pastebin.com/Q2LyU6F5

Hi, I recommend taking a look at "26. Upgrade Reference List" in the guide to see what to upgrade for your character. It's basically a checklist for "What should I upgrade" questions that you can go through from top to bottom. If you have specific questions after that, you can post and I'll try to help.

"
thomzon wrote:
Hi Vei,

Thanks a lot for looking at my character. Concerning my resists, I don't why importing my char does that, but I can assure you that in game my resists are capped (even lightly overcapped).

However that does not help me to understand why your PoB has 1.8M DPS per totem, while mine has 400k. From the big stuff I'm missing, I see:
- +2 corrupted Frostferno
- Vaal haste (won't use that, too many buttons to press already)
- Power charges (will probably use that when switching to Farrul's Fur)
- Better rares
- Awakened Ele Dmg with Attacks
- WoC trap

I tried to copy as much config from your PoB to mine, and I could close the gap to 1.3M for me vs 1.8M in yours, but I'm still missing something. I don't really care about PoB numbers, but I just want to be sure that I did not miss some critical gearing or skill update for my character.

Here's my test PoB: https://pastebin.com/aSJQdwzi

Hi thomzon,

I did manually add the Fire Resist up(Base on your Equipment and Passive Tree) and it does give the same number as what is listed in POB. The only thing I can think of is you play with friends who have the Purity of Fire and Purity of Elements Aura turned on. In this case, what you mentioned, "resist capped" will make total sense then.

With regards to the missing DPS from your test POB, these are the ones:

Bigger DPS gains
Quill Rain 18% Crit
Passive Point allocated to Heartbreaker and Acuity in Passive Tree

Smaller DPS gains
Sniper's Mark Level 20, 20% Quality
Elemental Hit 20% Quality
Damage Penetrates 1% Fire Resist in both Might of the Meek and both Combat Focus
Frostferno corrupt switched to +2 Projectile instead of AoE

If you apply all the above to your test POB, you will reach 1.8m+ DPS, much nearer to the DPS shown in my POB, the remaining missing DPS are basically small %dmg here and there etc.

Hope that solves the mystery :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Ah so I missed some upgrades between our PoBs indeed, thanks a lot for taking the time :-)

For the resists, I'd have to analyze it, because in Hideout (and in maps), in my defence character sheet, I'm clearly overcapped, but not in PoB... And I don't have any purity auras around me.
I would think the defence character sheet is more trustworthy in that scenario, but I'll double check just to be sure I'm not exposing myself to extra damage.
Hello!
I'm really liking the build so far, I managed to get some better items and do my last lab. Now I'm looking for advice on what to do before I get too deep into t15-16, like change passive points (will have an additional point soon as I am close to 92).

I also have 5 ex to spend on an upgrade so am thinking about the jewel as I have no mana issues atm.

Any help is appreciated =)

POB: https://pastebin.com/W1hNqrGq

Thanks!
Last edited by lillbrorsan on Jan 26, 2021, 8:42:26 AM
Hello, is there something i can do to do a big improv in to my survivabilit???

o know i covuld try to get some more 4 lvl and get some small life nodes... but what could i d oright now??

https://pastebin.com/QYrRbeHT

and for damage, im looking in to a new amulet to increase gems lvl... is tehre ssomething else to do?

thx alot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info