[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Thanks Vei for reviewing my crafting notes, super cool and really helpful :-)

Good find on the belt also. As Scion, I was looking at Farrul's Fur, but I might look instead at the Replica one which gives perma Endurence charges, then it could be combined with the belt. I have to run some maths to check if it's better than the power charges with a custom crafted belt.
I forgot to add: changed my scion tree to the "offensive" variant. Damage is starting to be good (although I'm very far from your PoB numbers Vei, I'm wondering what obvious thing I'm missing), did Sirus A5 without issue.

Vaal Pact is great, the leech is so fast the life almost never goes down. However I stopped using blood rage, it's just too uncomfortable for my taste seing my life go down when I'm not leeching...

Next for me is gaining a few levels to get a jewel socket and a precision Watcher's Eye (probably attack speed). I'm also speccing into Incursion on the region that make it easier to upgrade room, I plan to try double-corrupting a lot. I'm very slow at making currency this league, I had precisely 0 lucky drops. Items like corrupted Frostferno or Farrul's Fur are pretty inaccessible for me right now.

Hii

Thanks Vei

i know u mentioned to u divergent ballisat totem.

but wouldnt phantasmal ballista totem be better? since thers a chance projectile will return back. therefore dealing double damage.

let me know :D

AWESOME BUILDDDD!
Last edited by SacrifXx on Jan 25, 2021, 9:54:56 AM
"
SacrifXx wrote:

Hii

Thanks Vei

but wouldnt phantasmal ballista totem be better? since thers a chance projectile will return back. therefore dealing double damage.

AWESOME BUILDDDD!

Not sure it would it twice, if I'm not mistaken the default projectile behaviour is that the same projectile cannot hit the same target twice, with a few exceptions (like spectral throw).
I can't find pob links for another ascendancies. I've seen them yesterday, even imported defensive variant into PoB, but I can't find offensive one, which I want to follow. Can someone post link to this one, or tell me where it is? I've looked few times already through entire thread, and still I can't find them anymore :(

Talkin about ascendant
Last edited by _Nektre_ on Jan 25, 2021, 11:24:34 AM
"
thomzon wrote:
I forgot to add: changed my scion tree to the "offensive" variant. Damage is starting to be good (although I'm very far from your PoB numbers Vei, I'm wondering what obvious thing I'm missing), did Sirus A5 without issue.

Since you asked this question, I downloaded your character to take a look. Now this isn't quite what you are asking for but when I loaded your character and saw your resist, I was very very shocked

36% Fire Resist
59% Cold Resist
68% Lightning Resist

The very first thing we need to do when we reach maps is to cap our elemental resist at 75%. It's basically the default thing everyone has to do in POE. Later on, we will want to reach 109% Uncapped Elemental Resist so we still are at the resist cap when we get cursed with resist reduction skill like Elemental Weakness etc.

Both I did mentioned to aim for in my guide under 10. Budget Equipment Details and 11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details in the Rings and Belts section.

It's lucky you selected Ascendant which has Totem leech life to you and you didn't feel anything about your missing resist. That said, it's a must to cap your resist, so get that resolved first by following the information on what to search for on Rings and Belts in the Equipment Section(10 and 11). Try to get more Resist than what is the minimum required and I would also recommend to get enough Chaos Resist(Also mentioned in the guide) so it is at least above 0%. We can revisit on how to improve your DPS after getting the above done since equipments will be changed then.

"
_Nektre_ wrote:
I can't find pob links for another ascendancies. I've seen them yesterday, even imported defensive variant into PoB, but I can't find offensive one, which I want to follow. Can someone post link to this one, or tell me where it is? I've looked few times already through entire thread, and still I can't find them anymore :(

Talkin about ascendant

Hi, you can find it in the [3.13] Initial Thoughts/Comments and here is the link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581#p23724378

Look under "15th Jan 2021 - Please Read Before Venturing into 3.13 with this Build"

"
SacrifXx wrote:
Hii

Thanks Vei

AWESOME BUILDDDD!

I haven't personally tried it but from videos I watched that plays with skills utilizing the "Return" mechanic, it wasn't very impressive. Kind of useful only when there is a big bunch of mobs and projectiles can return and hit again.

Considering it's only a % chance that it will occur and it's almost useless in Boss Fights. I don't think it's good.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Jan 25, 2021, 12:04:50 PM
Hi Vei, you have an impressively-detailed guide here.

I have a Scion at 90 that I'm considering re-rolling to your Cheiftain/Raider build. My budget is low (2ex) so unnatural instincts is out of the question for now, and I'm looking at affordable ways to solve the mana problems caused by Lethal Pride and Chainbreaker.

Are T16's still going to be something I can fast-farm without either UI or Chainbreaker, do you think?

I've picked up the following gear already, a few bits to go still, but I've only spent ~50C working on this as a background project....

If you have any tree suggestions or a POB for low-budget options on your Scion variants, that'd be amazing :)

Last edited by xw_ziggy on Jan 25, 2021, 2:05:15 PM
Hey Vei :) I absolutely love your build, , it was my first time playing so cheap and yet OP build. Mapping is easy, bosses are laughable (90% of time - best regards to Vaal Temple map which I utterly despise).

Can you suggest any gear changes/ tips/ anything for this build to try doing Maven: the feared invitation? Her typical invitations are easy as hell but this I do fear to even think about. We DO have little defences and probably flasks won't keep us alive. Do you think that we can manage to kill the hardest bosses at once with this build?

I'm in love with this build and don't really want to switch to some hardcore miner/trapper in order to do this challange. Or am I underestimating this build and I can roll this invitation?
"
xw_ziggy wrote:
Hi Vei, you have an impressively-detailed guide here.

Hi ziggy,

Thank you very much! :)

"
xw_ziggy wrote:
unnatural instincts is out of the question for now,

Unnatural Instinct is an optional jewel for the build. Considered a luxury min-max item.

"
xw_ziggy wrote:
I'm looking at affordable ways to solve the mana problems caused by Lethal Pride and Chainbreaker.

Affordable ways will be any of the combinations below(From cheaper to more expensive)

- 1 Praxia Paua Ring + 1 Rare Ring with open prefix to craft "Non-Channelling Skills have (-9–-8) to Total Mana Cost" Mana Craft

- 1 Praxia Paua Ring + 1 Replica Conquerer's Efficiency Unique Crimson Jewel socketed to the Jewel Socket to the lower right of Supreme Ego Keystone(For Offensive Ascendant POB) or below Barbarism Notable(For Defensive Ascendant POB)

- 1 Praxia Paua Ring + 1 Watcher Eye with the Clarity Mod "Non-Channelling Skills have -(10-5) to Total Mana Cost while affected by Clarity" and using a level 1 Clarity Gem.

I didn't mention 2 x Praxia Paua Ring because we need a lot of resist from the other rare ring. It's tight(But still ok if we just go for highest resist we can find) on the resist already when we are using 1 Praxis.

"
xw_ziggy wrote:
Are T16's still going to be something I can fast-farm without either UI or Chainbreaker, do you think?

Chainbreaker + Berserk is a must going into Tier 16, just like Kaom's Heart which you already got so that's great. UI is optional as mentioned earlier above.

As for fast-farm or not, it's my personal policy to avoid commenting on whether certain thing is fast/good/efficient, etc. Everyone has different preference, playstyle, experience, requirements, expectations, etc so it's very subjective. Maybe others can give their comments on this.

"
xw_ziggy wrote:
If you have any tree suggestions or a POB for low-budget options on your Scion variants, that'd be amazing :)

You can use either the Defensive or Offensive Ascendant POB, they are meant for most kind of budget as long we remove the Unnatural Instinct and the Watcher's Eye since that is optional.

The only thing is reallocating the 4 skill points used for Unnatural Instinct into somewhere else but I think probably not a concern for now since the POBs are maxed out in level so it won't be so soon that those skill points need to find a home. :)

"
Irbis3325 wrote:
Hey Vei :) I absolutely love your build, , it was my first time playing so cheap and yet OP build. Mapping is easy, bosses are laughable (90% of time - best regards to Vaal Temple map which I utterly despise).

Can you suggest any gear changes/ tips/ anything for this build to try doing Maven: the feared invitation? Her typical invitations are easy as hell but this I do fear to even think about. We DO have little defences and probably flasks won't keep us alive. Do you think that we can manage to kill the hardest bosses at once with this build?

I'm in love with this build and don't really want to switch to some hardcore miner/trapper in order to do this challange. Or am I underestimating this build and I can roll this invitation?

Hey Irbis3325,

Happy to hear that you love the build! :)

Unfortunately, I am a very casual and slow player plus I kind of redid my char so I haven't have chance to do the higher end contents of this league yet.

If anyone else has done Maven: the feared invitation, appreciate if you can share your experience with Irbis. Thank you very much :)

Cheers

My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Is there any point equipping a HH with this build? just curious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info