[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

"
Damspy1 wrote:
Hello, Thanks for this build, saved the league for me, I was wondering for the holy relic proc, does my attack speed count? Like i have a 30% ashes, 21% geoffri and 20% divergent holy relic, What is the calculation i have to make?
also 1.69 Attack speed on my sceptre, Thanks again.

Attack doesn't affect your DPS. Static Strike ignores attack speed because of beams, and Flicker Strike can have w/e attack speed, you gonna use it for map clear, and everything should die in 1-2 procs anyway.

You need attack speed to not get locked in slow attacking animation. That's about it.

The calculation for static is in the guide. However, with all the +1 levels make sure you TOTAL level of static strike is relevant to the guide. I made that mistake a while ago, having +1 from ashes and +1 on weapon put my static too high.

EDIT

Checked your build - you made the same mistake - missing half of the DPS. Lower your static strike level by 1.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Jun 6, 2022, 1:24:21 AM
Thank you so much, that's what i tought, i was reading on mooseolini guide for the calculations and stuff but im really not great at maths, Thanks for taking the time :) Having a blast so far
Alright boys, its time to get back in time!

I finished my little project of regressing the build to the lower and lower-budget state to see when its start to feel bad and what important upgrades you actually need, and what you can neglect.

And holy [RELICS] I was in for a surprise. But that's why I did it. To see if I might have missed something.

To spoil it for you right away - if you like the build, buy Inspired Learning this instant. Just do it right now!

And for those you likes reading my posts here is the whole journey

I'll start with pointing out that all experiments I did were made on my current farming strategy, no downgrades about it.
Spoiler
Breach Scarab
Elder Scarab
Carto Scarab
Sac Frag

And to simulate the hard rare enemies:
Eninhar mission - for bestiary rares.
Valley of darkness - for extra archnemesis modifier to make things harder.
5 rare enemies are ghosted - from Atlas passives.
Essence craft from map device.

The result is something like 3-4 archnemesis mods + bestiary rare + essence and its ghosted. Hard enough.

Also note that all the things I did have a cumulative effect. Every next gear slot I downgrade makes game harder and harder. Just keep that in mind for purity of experiment.
Spoiler

The first thing I did was:
Removing Ashes of the stars

The value of 50 ex.

Feel like loosing about 20%-15% speed.
Mostly because of frenzy charge on hit loss. Compensate that by specter.
Attack speed loss is also noticeable when you play with it for a while - because The Anvil reduced your attack speed. Feels like I'm moving a bit slower but nothing special.
DPS loss was not as noticeable as I already have enough damage to delete everything.

Conclusion - you don't need Ashes of the Stars. The only reason to have it - is because you randomly got it, you live build so much and you want to push it to absolute limit, or you wanna to gigajuced boss fights like Uber content or 100%+ Quant invitations.

The second things was:
Aegis Aurora - feels okay without it still. You start taking HP damage more often but seems to be just fine with Surrender for now.
Definitely not worth spending over 3 ex on it.

The third thing was:
Inspired learning.

Value - hard to estimate. Last league it started 100-200c early league.
This league - 300-400
But as people realize power of archnemesis mods it might start bigger next league. With Headhunter buffs and possible rares rework-rework it might stablize at 300 but who knows.

Noticeable in terms of losing a bit of tankiness. And a LOT of speed. Overall 2ex is MORE THAN worth.
This little thing, when included to the build, undid all the regression I did before.

ITS THAT STRONG.

At least for mapping that is.

If you think the archnemesis rares are strong. Become an archnemesis rare. Be water my friend.

The next things is:
Awakened Minion Damage + Empower 4. 1 exalts + 5.2 exalts.
Down to Minion damage 20/20 and empower 3.

Barely noticeable loss with inspired learning on lmaooooo, I think we got ourself a new BiS item.
Although with reduction to lvl of minion gems - AG started taking damage again. Not good!

The next thing is:
Asenath explody gloves.

Fairly noticeable, but they don't provide much of anything other than clear speed. Yeah maps will take longer but not that much longer.
I just love this item a lot so I say worth getting them.

The next thing is:
Bastion of Elements - feels bad to lose it. Ocasional elemental oneshots from overjuiced essence+bestiary monsters started to cour. As for the time being the set of this jewels costs 5ex combined. I'd say its 4 ex worth. Maybe even 5 ex worth for what it provides.

The next thing is:
Awakened Brutality
Very much noticeable. You really want that 15% phys penetration. The rares finally started to take longer to kill.

You really REALLY REALLY want that gem level 3 or higher. High priority there. Every rare enemy has like 40% phys reduction in their mods.

The next thing is:
Glorious vanity
Actually not that noticeable if you don't have Aegis Aurora. Having lots of life recovery makes it okay to not have that extra energy shield. That being said - its still a loss of about 1500 life. Just like Bastion of Elements its more of a hit for bossing than for mapping. Mapping still fine without it.

The next thing is:
Skin of the Lords downgraded into Skin of the Loyal and then into Tabula Rasa with +1 gems.

With loss of ES from Aegis Aurora and Glorious Vanity - it doesn't make almost any difference. Losing Imbalanced guard and 100% more armor would feel impactful, if not for the power of Inspired Learning. I'll talk about it later.

For now
Here is the my gear that has no issues clearing juiced up maps with juiced up rare enemies.

PoB regresed https://pastebin.com/6vQ3c4PB

TL;DR - if I had to keep 2 things out of my gear - it would be Awakened Brutality Support and Inspired Learning.

And while Brutality is clear, Inspired Learning needs a little bit of explanation.
Spoiler

First of all - there is a good sweet spot for it. You get pretty decent notables around it and it won't cost you as much to include it like other builds.

Now to modifier themselves. I looked through all the archnemesis mods and it really shows why this jewel makes you don't care about your gear as much.

Almost every enemy has some sort of Phys damage reduction and/or +max resists +resist. This adds a lot to your tankiness to the point you feel immortal with it.

The second part is - almost every enemy has some sort of move/attack/aaction speed modifiers. This adds to your speed, you clear maps faster, you move faster, you flicker faster, you loot faster. Everything is faster.

And now to the juiciest part I was missing out on for a while.
Special effects. The spells that archnemesis mods cause. All this explosions, corrupted bloods, etc.

Guess what. The damage of this effects not only amplified by interlocking archenem mods you stole.

Oh no.

As if it was not enough, the damage of this effects are amplified by a god damn Spiritual Aid notable! All the minions damage you invested into your Holy Relics - gets dunked on top of archnemesis effects.

Whats that? You got corruptor? With Physical damage aura? Well I guess corrupted blood that your Static Strike will stack on enemies will just delete entire map!

This is like Athena's explosion times 10.

Get it now or I will ban you in game and irl for not getting it. I warned you.

Last edited by Fire_Archer on Jun 6, 2022, 6:13:20 AM
Looking forward to add inspired learning into my build, but I really don't want to drop glorious vanity.

Do you think placing glorious vanity in socket near MoM would be a good idea? I'm not sure about tradeoffs.

This is my current PoB.

https://pastebin.com/1e5fHE4r

I'm very afraid for my life if I drop anatomical knowledge and notable with +1 all res.
Last edited by GOshnik on Jun 6, 2022, 4:59:18 AM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

I finished my little project of regressing the build to the lower and lower-budget state to see when its start to feel bad and what important upgrades you actually need, and what you can neglect.

Thank you so much for putting in the work like this. Even when not playing this build this is such an awesome read in terms of in-depth information to stay on top of things, it´s hard to value that kind of posts. Great job.
"
GOshnik wrote:
Looking forward to add inspired learning into my build, but I really don't want to drop glorious vanity.

Do you think placing glorious vanity in socket near MoM would be a good idea? I'm not sure about tradeoffs.

This is my current PoB.

https://pastebin.com/1e5fHE4r

I'm very afraid for my life if I drop anatomical knowledge and notable with +1 all res.

Oh damn, you right, +1 to all resist is so valuable... Let me just quickly check my resists after I killed a harbringer pack.

Oh okay then.
I bought the sceptre thanks for the advice. Also is the build supposed to have overcapped resistances normally? And should aegis have a white socket or is that just not needed
"
Tembulon wrote:
I bought the sceptre thanks for the advice. Also is the build supposed to have overcapped resistances normally? And should aegis have a white socket or is that just not needed

What to do with resistances is your busness. I prefer them to be slightly over capped for things like Ele Weakness. As for Aegis, I just bought it corrupted cuz it was cheaper. No need in white socket.
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
"
Tembulon wrote:

What to do with resistances is your busness. I prefer them to be slightly over capped for things like Ele Weakness. As for Aegis, I just bought it corrupted cuz it was cheaper. No need in white socket.

Did you craft or buy your weapon. I cant seem to find anything with it on the market. Also what part of the atlas passives do you recommend for this build, I normally run blight is that still good or is there a better way to farm currency.
Last edited by Tembulon on Jun 6, 2022, 9:06:32 PM
"
Did you craft or buy your weapon. I cant seem to find anything with it on the market. Also what part of the atlas passives do you recommend for this build, I normally run blight is that still good or is there a better way to farm currency.

Not op but for the weapon, i bought a 1.50 attack speed sceptre with minion damage and double damage (temple mod) and bought a +1 all spell skill gem sceptre with 1.50 attack speed and used recombinator, Took 5 tries so it gets expensive when you're unlucky.
Last edited by Damspy1 on Jun 6, 2022, 10:44:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info