[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

"
Yanwar wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I rejected from rote reinforcement and took Inexorable. it cost me 500hp, but i got some armour + recover flat life + discipline (compared to my older tree with rote and more life taken i have much lesser effective hit pool). I played with Anvil before (still have one with curse corrupt in my stash), but i felt like i don't have enough damage for late game encounters. My ag has almost exactly same items as yours, but with garb of ephemeral. I took spectres and they're giving me a lot, especially they of tul, but they're also dying a lot in high lvl encounters like invitations and 22+ wave simulacrum (they of tul do not die, i tried hairy bonecrunchers and host chieftains, they are dying). Currently i'm thinking about removing discipline and adding determination, but i need 2 Opportunistic and determination mana reserve node in armour mastery. I can add it for the cost of 2-3 more points wasted (less life) and fortress covenant (110k damage loss, or something like that), but it will give me a lot of armour (something about 11k) + 90% phys reduct on maps. Not sure if it will be worth. Also i'm thinking about skin of the lords. I got wicked ward AND imbalanced guard and currently can't decide which will be better. You told that imbalanced guard is the best, but even without determination i'm currently have up to 72% phys reduction in maps.

No you don't. You never do. Because phys damage reduction you get from armor doesn't work that way.
I suggest you to educate yourself on that matter but if you want rough estimation, put enemy physical damage to 10000 in PoB. That will more or less show you the real picture of things. The higher the hit the less valuable the armor is.
That's why sources of flat phys reduction like endurance charges are so valuable.
That's why high life pool is so valuable.
Imbalanced guard is good too as it effectively double your armor against big hits, at cost of taking more damage from smaller hits, and you don't care about small hits anyway, those just heal you.
And on a side note, you can still keep Vaal Discipline without non Vaal part at no mana cost, while being able to use Vaal vesrion.
Stick to Tul then. They are big boys, the more you have the better, as they also spawn totems that distract enemies.
As for simulacrum, by the wave 25~ I fully switch to the boss killing setup cuz enemies are so tanky. If you have gloves with Vulnerability to swap - those might help. I also find that Decoy totem helps a lot there, as even at lvl 30 bosses have a hard time killing it, and fous it specificaly.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Feb 28, 2022, 11:33:59 PM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

"Fire_Archer"... you're playing the wrong build mate.
Last edited by brunowa on Mar 1, 2022, 12:09:48 AM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

Also get the Garb for AG already ,that beyond boss critting your for your entire life hurts to watch :D

Yeah, that Garb is a game changer. I thought about speccing out of that Cluster to try different approach, but after a few more days playing I can't imagine living without those additional flexible jewel slots anymore. I love that you can add ES-related/mana-reservation/etc stuff along with minion damage without compromising any of the unique jewels. Since most of my actual equipment slots don't feel very flexible, especially at this point - I have at least an option to have a field day with jewels. Gonna be easy to try Fordbidden gem setups for additional asc too.

Since then the things I've done:

Tried and done all boss fights/invitations except Maven herself and Simulacrum, gonna do them on 97. The only problematic one was Uber Atziri (didn't know she reflected curses so spent all portals to kill her) and despite her not having reflect in Feared invitation she still was the biggest threat there. First time fought Sirius and was surprised how much of a pushover he is. Still died once because I couldn't see the exit in one of his meteor strike borders though.

1. Got that ES on hit Watcher Stone soon after and on practice it turned out to be better than I thought, probably because I "forgot" that those support to Flicker/Static gems add quite a few hits so regen is very noticeable. Also included Frost Shield as an auto-trigger option, not sure how much it helps, but I don't need Frost Bomb and can't have another curse + its demerit might as well be nonexistent with my Attack Speed and ES on hit values. I was also thinking about level 5 (6 with global bonus) Blood Rage for perma-uptime where both superior and anomalous quality look good with Ashes amulet.

2. Small upgrade to gloves, slightly better rolls and +2 levels to aura gems corrupt.

3. Swapped to 3B3R chest replacing lvl 6 awakening increased area of effect to to 21lv/23% Cruelty. Didn't notice any change in clear speed vs trash mobs so it felt like "free" DPS vs bosses. Asenath's corpse explosion oneshots/aoe do its job without needing increased area of effect. And when the packs are not dense enough, my high Flicker AS speed leads to another corpse explosion chain attempt almost immediately.

4. Trying some different Megalomaniacs too, as long as Rote Reinforcement is there. Kinda want to fit two Megalomaniacs now as well...

Plans:

1. To get even better Animate Guardian gear as I have to change my helmet for a better rolled one.
2. Get Vaal Discipline
3. Finally get a good 2nd unset ring.
4. Try some meme stuff like Berserk on auto-trigger and Divergent Rage support. I actually already tried that, but only on regular mapping and you really need 5 links for that otherwise you have to remove either Static or Flicker. I'll probably do the latter to test some Flicker or Static only Maven invitations clears and see how long Berserk buff would last.
5. Craft a better / 4 second auto-trigger weapon
6. Roll a better Timeless Jewel
7. I'd like to say, I'd do the AS/Static/Holy Relic tick optimization at this point, but I can't be bothered, I don't feel the lack of DPS anymore. Though I guess I'll see how the Maven fight will go in the future once I'm 97. Then again, I'd be done with PoE by this point already and/or slowly farm +1 level to get onto poe.ninja, lol.

For now I'm back to mapping as I can finally run -40% block and -max res (as long as there's no extra elem damage as physical) mods stress-free. Since I run most of the breach/legion atlas nodes I'm also doing breachstones (and associated maven invitations) + 5 emblem runs as I get them, all that feels so easy and face tankable now, almost no need to dodge stuff anymore and it feels nice to forget about dying - getting on track to get that 97 level.
Last edited by MrCinos on Mar 1, 2022, 5:43:00 AM
"
MrCinos wrote:
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

Also get the Garb for AG already ,that beyond boss critting your for your entire life hurts to watch :D

Yeah, that Garb is a game changer. I thought about speccing out of that Cluster to try different approach, but after a few more days playing I can't imagine living without those additional flexible jewel slots anymore. I love that you can add ES-related/mana-reservation/etc stuff along with minion damage without compromising any of the unique jewels. Since most of my actual equipment slots don't feel very flexible, especially at this point - I have at least an option to have a field day with jewels. Gonna be easy to try Fordbidden gem setups for additional asc too.

Since then the things I've done:

Tried and done all boss fights/invitations except Maven herself and Simulacrum, gonna do them on 97. The only problematic one was Uber Atziri (didn't know she reflected curses so spent all portals to kill her) and despite her not having reflect in Feared invitation she still was the biggest threat there. First time fought Sirius and was surprised how much of a pushover he is. Still died once because I couldn't see the exit in one of his meteor strike borders though.

1. Got that ES on hit Watcher Stone soon after and on practice it turned out to be better than I thought, probably because I "forgot" that those support to Flicker/Static gems add quite a few hits so regen is very noticeable. Also included Frost Shield as an auto-trigger option, not sure how much it helps, but I don't need Frost Bomb and can't have another curse + its demerit might as well be nonexistent with my Attack Speed and ES on hit values. I was also thinking about level 5 (6 with global bonus) Blood Rage for perma-uptime where both superior and anomalous quality look good with Ashes amulet.

2. Small upgrade to gloves, slightly better rolls and +2 levels to aura gems corrupt.

3. Swapped to 3B3R chest replacing lvl 6 awakening increased area of effect to to 21lv/23% Cruelty. Didn't notice any change in clear speed vs trash mobs so it felt like "free" DPS vs bosses. Asenath's corpse explosion oneshots/aoe do its job without needing increased area of effect. And when the packs are not dense enough, my high Flicker AS speed leads to another corpse explosion chain attempt almost immediately.

4. Trying some different Megalomaniacs too, as long as Rote Reinforcement is there. Kinda want to fit two Megalomaniacs now as well...

Plans:

1. To get even better Animate Guardian gear as I have to change my helmet for a better rolled one.
2. Get Vaal Discipline
3. Finally get a good 2nd unset ring.
4. Try some meme stuff like Berserk on auto-trigger and Divergent Rage support. I actually already tried that, but only on regular mapping and you really need 5 links for that otherwise you have to remove either Static or Flicker. I'll probably do the latter to test some Flicker or Static only Maven invitations clears and see how long Berserk buff would last.
5. Craft a better / 4 second auto-trigger weapon
6. Roll a better Timeless Jewel
7. I'd like to say, I'd do the AS/Static/Holy Relic tick optimization at this point, but I can't be bothered, I don't feel the lack of DPS anymore. Though I guess I'll see how the Maven fight will go in the future once I'm 97. Then again, I'd be done with PoE by this point already and/or slowly farm +1 level to get onto poe.ninja, lol.

For now I'm back to mapping as I can finally run -40% block and -max res (as long as there's no extra elem damage as physical) mods stress-free. Since I run most of the breach/legion atlas nodes I'm also doing breachstones (and associated maven invitations) + 5 emblem runs as I get them, all that feels so easy and face tankable now, almost no need to dodge stuff anymore and it feels nice to forget about dying - getting on track to get that 97 level.

From a quick glance, I'd say try getting good double corrupt on a shield. Or by one. There are penty of good mods coming from corrution on shields.

And you can always change socket colors on a corrupted shield via your crafting bench if you need to (in case you find something good on the market)

And if you wanna meme and missing links, you can always tr yand fit in a hungry loop with ugh... something. Idk, you are exploring, not me!

As for frost shield, its not worth it. Get unearth instead for 100% uptime of corpeses nearby for bosses. That is 10% less damage taken and 10% more damage done.

I'd also recomend you to try and fitting They of Tul, as those guys give a lot of protection, but its like w/e, if you feel tanky already its all good.

Not sure why you went Cruelty (25% more dmg) when you can go Meat Shield (30% more dmg and relic damage reduction)

Blood rage is not a good idea, as it will damage you a lot. You don't have any way to mitigate the damage. It will also stop your ES from reachrging. Rage on other hand is not bad.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Mar 1, 2022, 8:44:08 AM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

From a quick glance, I'd say try getting good double corrupt on a shield. Or by one. There are penty of good mods coming from corrution on shields.

And you can always change socket colors on a corrupted shield via your crafting bench if you need to (in case you find something good on the market)

And if you wanna meme and missing links, you can always tr yand fit in a hungry loop with ugh... something. Idk, you are exploring, not me!

As for frost shield, its not worth it. Get unearth instead for 100% uptime of corpeses nearby for bosses. That is 10% less damage taken and 10% more damage done.

I'd also recomend you to try and fitting They of Tul, as those guys give a lot of protection, but its like w/e, if you feel tanky already its all good.

Not sure why you went Cruelty (25% more dmg) when you can go Meat Shield (30% more dmg and relic damage reduction)

Blood rage is not a good idea, as it will damage you a lot. You don't have any way to mitigate the damage. It will also stop your ES from reachrging. Rage on other hand is not bad.
Good suggestion about shield corruption, I'll look into it.

Hungry Loop looks fun, but supporting at least either Flicker or Static feels weird as I'd still need to support the other remaining skill with mostly the same thing.

Didn't realize Meat Shield give +% damage at all, lol. Does cruelty debuff not count for anything though?

I'll try getting They of Tul but last time I've rage quitted spectres because I didn't get why I could not raise (and failed at googling it) a specific spectre despite hovering its corpse and empty health bar. But I'll try giving it another chance once I get 2nd Unset ring.

As for Unearth, I don't quite get why I need more corpses if I create 5 of them each 8 seconds from Desecrate already. EDIT: Is it because 8 seconds is too long of a timeframe? But if I'm mashing skills I'd cast both Desecrate and Unearth in quick succession anyway so there won't be a full uptime without 4 second trigger weapon anyway. Or is there another reason to use Unearth in addition to Desecrate?

Bear with me when it comes to stupid questions as I've never played summoner before.

Last edited by MrCinos on Mar 1, 2022, 9:15:55 AM
"
MrCinos wrote:
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

Good suggestion about shield corruption, I'll look into it.

Hungry Loop looks fun, but supporting at least either Flicker or Static feels weird as I'd still need to support the other remaining skill with mostly the same thing.

Didn't realize Meat Shield give +% damage at all, lol. Does cruelty debuff not count for anything though?

I'll try getting They of Tul but last time I've rage quitted spectres because I didn't get why I could not raise (and failed at googling it) a specific spectre despite hovering its corpse and empty health bar. But I'll try giving it another chance once I get 2nd Unset ring.

As for Unearth, I don't quite get why I need more corpses if I create 5 of them each 8 seconds from Desecrate already. EDIT: Is it because 8 seconds is too long of a timeframe? But if I'm mashing skills I'd cast both Desecrate and Unearth in quick succession anyway so there won't be a full uptime without 4 second trigger weapon anyway. Or is there another reason to use Unearth in addition to Desecrate?

Bear with me when it comes to stupid questions as I've never played summoner before.

Cruelty buff gives bleeding damage. Your relics do not cause bleeding. So its worthless. Its a good gem earl ywhen you don't have empower but that's it.

They of Tul are tanky boys. If you link them to meat shield + minion life you will only need to summon them once.

The corpeses you are creating are consumed every time you cast Bone offering.
If you make the skill chain be: Desecrate-Bone offering-Unearth, your bone offering will eat desecrated corpses and leaves one from unearth.
Care not to make Desecrate-unearth-Bone offering, as bone offering cousumes all the corpses.
The skill chain is casted in order your gems are placed in the weapon slots.
From left to right from top to bottom. Currently you cast Desecrate-Boneoffering-Frost Shield in that order.
Hello. It's me again :-). Managed to deal with all endgame content, finished all invitations and 30 wave simulacrum. I think, it's gonna be one of my favourite builds, probably will start it next league too. Currently trying to implement war banner together with discipline + i replaced 1 they of tul with carnage chieftain for more smooth flicker mapping and some damage for minions. Also, one question. I just noticed that if I'm using Onslaught in pob, i'm losing around a million damage for some reason. Can you tell me, why is this happening? There is my pob: https://pastebin.com/3nPkrQLu .
Update: i understood, for some reason i'm losing that damage on relics when I have frenzy charges AND onslaught, because, for some reason, onslaught is reducing trigger rate of my relics when i have frenzy. But if i have frenzy charges and do not have onslaught, i still have more damage than with onslaught without frenzy charges.
Last edited by Yanwar on Mar 2, 2022, 6:51:48 PM
Does any of you know of "Word of War" also trigger holy relic?
And does "Word of War" give holy relic 50% more damage?
Lost where no man has been lost before.
hi fire_archer and thanks again for share your build,

may i ask to you how do you approach to the Vaal temple Maap boss?

it's really disturbing this map , 3 0r 4 times with no good result ,unbelievable!
Last edited by shun71 on Mar 3, 2022, 6:18:48 PM
"
ZtriDer wrote:
Does any of you know of "Word of War" also trigger holy relic?
And does "Word of War" give holy relic 50% more damage?

No and no.
World of War summons a minion.
The minions it summons gets all the bonuses that the ability grants. And no one else.
Holy relics do not trigger of your minion attacks. Only of your attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info