[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

Replied - would love to connect in game and see if we can sort it out. As I said in the PM, I'm a little behind this league because my starter was pretty rough (hexblast) so I might have to catch up a little first.
"
malebranche wrote:
As of posting, 177 characters on hardcore ladder with this build: https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds?class=Chieftain&skill=Discharge

Post a video of a death.

6k life and get oneshot by sirius small meteor skill. I guess this skill have some converted to chaos.
"
malebranche wrote:
Replied - would love to connect in game and see if we can sort it out. As I said in the PM, I'm a little behind this league because my starter was pretty rough (hexblast) so I might have to catch up a little first.

Same thing I said in my message to ya ahhaa. My starter was hexblast as well. This is my second character.

And yeah, Sirus' meteor has a chaos component to it. The scion I played last league had 88% chaos res (and Divine FLesh) and I could afk on Sirus. (Not an Aura Stacker)
I played around with PoB for a while and tried dropping the path down to Vigour and Golem's Blood, saving 9 points. I also dropped the path to Discipline and Training, saving 4 points.

Instead, I added a Thread of Hope with a large ring to the jewel socket right above Devotion. This Ring hits Discipline and Training, the two 5% life nodes beside it, and Sovereignty. As a bonus, you can allocate Righteous Degree to fix mana, Amplify for more AoE and AoE damage, and Whirling Barrier for staff block and power charges on block, if any of that's useful to you.

Taking Sovereignty and the 3 life nodes costs (assuming you spend 2 to allocate the Thread) 6 points, leaving you with 7 free compared to the old tree. It does mean you lose a power charge unless you anoint Vigour.
Last edited by AranarthPoE on Sep 30, 2020, 2:55:51 AM
"
gtankbr wrote:
"
malebranche wrote:

Same thing I said in my message to ya ahhaa. My starter was hexblast as well. This is my second character.

And yeah, Sirus' meteor has a chaos component to it. The scion I played last league had 88% chaos res (and Divine FLesh) and I could afk on Sirus. (Not an Aura Stacker)

I guess something off in your playstyle in the end. I discharge either before enemy can attack and it dies without attacking once or after it attacked and missed (cause i was cruising near it with 150+ ms).

Started Hexblast too (damage fall off about t10 maps).

Sirus is tough one, half of things, which hit you are half phys half chaos damage, so getting hit is painful, not oneshot tho (i need to take 2 shots from meteors from above) but degen ground is painful AF. Second half of things are half phys half ele, so we can take most of it. (tanked full "Die" at AL5 somehow)
"
KasKyo wrote:

Sirus is tough one, half of things, which hit you are half phys half chaos damage, so getting hit is painful, not oneshot tho (i need to take 2 shots from meteors from above) but degen ground is painful AF. Second half of things are half phys half ele, so we can take most of it. (tanked full "Die" at AL5 somehow)

Sorry but how can you survive his meteors? I have 6k life and still got oneshot by that. Always die if get by his "die" beam. Just fight A5 yesterday and lose all my portal. 3 for meteor, 3 for "die" beam.
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Sep 30, 2020, 3:54:32 AM
There's a cheap way to generate frenzy charges for bosses, the classic combination:

The chance to be inflicted with bleed hasn't affected my survivability so far, but for higher tiers I'm considering to buy a Watcher's Eye with "unaffected by bleed with malevolance" effect, which is a powerful defensive mod even without this setup.

In order to get the charges (and to proc Elemental Equilibrium aswell) , my 5 Link is :

I'll probably add Fortify when I get a 6L and GMP is there to proc Elemental Overload with ball lightning more consistently. Cyclone allows you to be on the move while generating charges and proccing EO + EE. With this setup, frostblink is the best travel skill due to its instant cast time. I've also specced into Blood Magic + Mortal Devotion for QoL, so there is an opportunity cost in losing skitterbots shock.

With frenzy charges always up, Pyre gives more DPS than Kaom's rings, so I have it on both slots.

Eye of Innocence is too expensive right now, so I have a generic amulet along with a generic belt and gloves. I've bought all of them with empty suffixes so that I could craft elemental / chaos resist. Right now I have +21% chaos resist, but it can definetly be improved with better gear.

For mapping I'm using

The self traveling ignite from pack to pack is just too great to pass up during clear. If you haven't tried them yet, just give it a go and you'll be addicted in no time =) I have also socketed a blood rage in the CWDT setup of the mapping boots, instead of the culling support in bossing boots.

BTW pyre nullifies ignite proliferation (and there's no need for it with abberath's anyway), so I've socketed swift affliction instead of prolif in my discharge setup. As a bonus, the porcupines pose no threat even when casting discharge in the middle of a pack, as their corpses are automatically destroyed.

Finally I have a high level CWDT setup to get some extra protection from steel skin + chaos golem phys damage reduction and apply high level flammibility to bosses. Molten shell would distrupt EE , so steelskin it is, even though its weaker.

I have also specced into both +1% max resist nodes for tankiness and I'm thinking about going for staff block nodes to get 39% unbuffed block chance. After that, I'll give glancing blows a try. Even though it's weaker mathematically, spreading out damage might still be better, along with power charge generation for extra damage.
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
"
KasKyo wrote:

Sorry but how can you survive his meteors? I have 6k life and still got oneshot by that. Always die if get by his "die" beam. Just fight A5 yesterday and lose all my portal. 3 for meteor, 3 for "die" beam.

Fighted him yesterday too. Got killed only by 2 meteors at the same time and corrupted blood after full taken Die. (Yeah, i'm dumbass without corrupted blood jewel and antibleed lifeflask) Glancing blows probably helped a lot. After that i desided to drop some damage and switch into hp cause was having ~5.2k at that time.
May be your charges were off? May be glancing blows didn't proc? May be you died from degen ground after meteors?
@axedice:
Cyclone + fortify seem great for bossing. Pyre also nice cause you now can get less charge with the same amount of damage, but 3-4% life regen from Kaom also good.
About +1 max res, you lost 4 point for it. Isn't 20% life better then?

"
KasKyo wrote:

May be your charges were off? May be glancing blows didn't proc? May be you died from degen ground after meteors?

I'm using Voll's Devotion so i always have max charge, have red nightmare + glancing blow. And i died 3 times by meteor, just oneshot, no degen ground. Just boom, then i died.
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Sep 30, 2020, 4:45:36 AM
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:

I'm using Voll's Devotion so i always have max charge, have red nightmare + glancing blow. And i died 3 times by meteor, just oneshot, no degen ground. Just boom, then i died.

Checked your build and there is a lot of... questionable things. Like red nightmare giving you only chance for endurance and no block at all cause you capped even without it. Your power and frenzy generation is linked with you taking damage which is not very good idea for bossing. (Without ways for self damage like eye provide) Even fire exposure linked to it.
Seems your gameplay linked to getting hit or smth, which is not very good idea unless you're 85% max res, max block thingy.
Speeking of inconsistency your damage on bosses should be.. questionable? Do you plan instantly getting hit at the start of the fight and keep getting hit every 4 seconds? Otherwise i don't see any use in all your frenzy and power charge generation for single target.
You're way over res cap, like WAY OVER, you can get that chaos res on gear and breeze through sirus.
Last edited by KasKyo on Sep 30, 2020, 5:13:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info