3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

Still in the process of crafting some of my items up. I see myself attempting lvl100 with the build. Crafting items for the build is pretty damn fun, and this is my current work in progress -
Hysteria slamming is consistent, and good slams are scarce right now, so plenty of room for profit C:
"
"
hfboogie wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. The consecrated ground was a mistake, although it doesnt effect my dps too much. dont have a bottled faith yet!

Regarding fortify I dont actually have any sources of it. Is this something I should rework? I'll work on getting chaos res and ailment immunity though as a start!

1) Right! No effect on DPS but it was effecting your life regen stats.

2) In the build guide, Fortify comes from Vigilant Strike-Ancestral Call combo. I mistakenly thought you had this in your set up but you don't so you are missing Fortify. You will have to trade something to squeeze this in (maybe Clarity if you can sustain your mana)

Wow. I fixed the elemental immunity and added some chaos res and its night and day difference. This is definitely how the build is supposed to feel. Massively tankier now that I am not shocked all the time. Working on capping chaos res by fixing the boots but this build feels amazing now.

If you are having trouble feeling rippy, I strongly suggest checking ailment immunity first and foremost - it made an enormous difference for me, irrespective of flasks.
t1 fire % prefix is rare but the strongest since it also scales the explody mod. as you see i simply on the original scepter chose t1 spell( or did i use deafning essence?) since i was happy with just improving single target. you then clean the scepter so you dont have taken prefixes, and then you proced.
Easy way to make fire dmg sceptre is to utilize hybrid %fire+added flat temple mod
from the build guide

"A very big upgrade for this build is Awakened spell cascade. it allows you to drop 25 blades pr cast when your spamming since unleash is on cooldown. its like a 30% more damage doing most bosses, and also improves map clear alot. its expencive. but deffently a thing to aim for. i first got mine around half way thrue lvl 99, and regret i dident spend the currency earlier."

I happened to be reading some threads on reddit and there seems to be a large diversity in thought here. Some believe that level 1 Awakened Spell Cascade is the best, others seem to strongly believe that a level 1 regular Spell Cascade is better.

I also noticed on POE Ninja that there is a large split in choice here for the upper tier builds.

The argument appears to be whether the awaken version's "side" blade have any effect at all for single target.

I don't know one way or the other. I have an Awakened Spell Cascade I will be trying out. Sounds like Duke clearly felt it was better from his comment so I am happy to try.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 14, 2021, 11:50:14 AM
I have elemental ailments capped out and a corrupted blood jewel but have noticed that I have occasionally died due to bleeding and poison. I use mostly all unique flasks but just rerolled my quartz flask with staunching to assist with bleeding. I see a lot of end game builds that use all unique flasks and was wondering how you overcome the bleeding and poison issues?
I have elemental ailments capped out and a corrupted blood jewel but have noticed that I have occasionally died due to bleeding and poison. I use mostly all unique flasks but just rerolled my quartz flask with staunching to assist with bleeding. I see a lot of end game builds that use all unique flasks and was wondering how you overcome the bleeding and poison issues?
"
Ordman wrote:

Chaos resist on gear (and upgraded shakari pantheon, if you really struggle). With 60 chaos res i can't tell if I even take damage from chaos sources.

Don't think bleeding was ever an issue for me but you can roll a warding/staunching quartz and swap depending on if you run a curse map or not.
Going try first time bladeblast build, which PoB is the right one?
Out of curiosity, I wanted to see where I was at while at level 80, so I tried some end game content*

*End Game Content in this context was: AL9, T14-16's, guardians, conquerors, ten man boss fight...

Damage wise, I feel I am already there. Survivability was not great against single target though. Most of my defenses are solid (capped ele resists, 66% chaos res, max block, 100% ailment immunity etc), except for life, which is clearly too low.

Looking at my tree, I can see almost every point I have left to spend will go into life. I will probably top out around 6.3k (Diadem build). I may be able to push this to 6.6k with a change to my gear I am contemplating.

At what level of life did you guys feel comfortable not dying in the content I mentioned above, assuming your other defenses were good?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 14, 2021, 2:47:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info