3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

"
unclefanch wrote:
"
"
Ordman wrote:
I just noticed when using The Devouring Diadem Arcane Surge won't auto-trigger with Flame Dash unless your energy shield is totally depleted. Is it worth keeping Arcane Surge when using the circlet since it almost never triggers?

did any one have an answer to this question as I was unsure of the interaction here?

I was always under the assumption that you don't bother with Arcane Surge if you are using Eldritch Battery.

What could be use in this spot instead? Is Vigilant Strike worth it for Fortify if we don't have the room for Ancestral Call as used in the build guide?

I've been noticing this as well

I have been reading online that almost every one says to not use arcane surge with Eldritch Battery so this appears to be a spot where we can add another gem.

I still don't know if Vigilant Strike will work with out the Ancestral Call but if it does that is an open socket to get Fortify.
"
hfboogie wrote:

https://pastebin.com/K08h9xjG

What a beast when it comes to DPS. With the awakened gems and spell cascade I'm getting well over 5mil at 10 blades. Most bosses phase in a few seconds and mana is pretty manageable with the helm enchant.

Survivability is another story though. The overleech is definitely nice, but I still rip in delirious maps, t14-t16 that have any substantial increased damage, and basically any time I cant move to activate leech. Can anybody tell me where I messed up my defensive layers and the most direct way to fixing them? I know I need to harvest craft some better life rolls but I dont think that alone could cause me to be this rippy with this much gear. I could be wrong though!

I took a peak. Here are a couple of things to consider

1) You are very dependent on flasks for ailment immunity and even with them active, you are still getting shocked and ignited, both of which cause you do take lots of extra damage. The build guide stresses getting 100% ailment immunity on your gear if possible which allows you to use your flasks in a different way.

2) You don't have any jewels with corruptions to protect you against Silence or Corrupted Blood, both of which can cause you lots of problems if and when they occur.

3) You can try and improve your chaos res.

4) Fortify is one of the best defensive layers in the game. Double check that you are keeping it active while mapping

I have a general question. I noticed you checked off Consecrated Ground in the config. Where are you getting that in your build? I don't see a bottled faith or any type of Sulphur flask being used..
Ok I managed to take out uber atziri. Ripped 4 portals as I was trying to learn the mechanics and figure out how to mitigate the reflect.

For those who want to do it, you can grab sibyl's lament ring, the yugul pantheon and drop a support from blade blast. I dropped controlled destruction. This allowed me to attack atziri as much as I wanted without worrying about reflect at all.

Also remove wave of conviction and whatever other triggers other than tempest shield because I died to dashing near the reflect clone, and also get rid of flammability
Last edited by Shadafaka on Feb 12, 2021, 6:05:48 PM
"
"
hfboogie wrote:

What a beast when it comes to DPS. With the awakened gems and spell cascade I'm getting well over 5mil at 10 blades. Most bosses phase in a few seconds and mana is pretty manageable with the helm enchant.

Survivability is another story though. The overleech is definitely nice, but I still rip in delirious maps, t14-t16 that have any substantial increased damage, and basically any time I cant move to activate leech. Can anybody tell me where I messed up my defensive layers and the most direct way to fixing them? I know I need to harvest craft some better life rolls but I dont think that alone could cause me to be this rippy with this much gear. I could be wrong though!

I took a peak. Here are a couple of things to consider

1) You are very dependent on flasks for ailment immunity and even with them active, you are still getting shocked and ignited, both of which cause you do take lots of extra damage. The build guide stresses getting 100% ailment immunity on your gear if possible which allows you to use your flasks in a different way.

2) You don't have any jewels with corruptions to protect you against Silence or Corrupted Blood, both of which can cause you lots of problems if and when they occur.

3) You can try and improve your chaos res.

4) Fortify is one of the best defensive layers in the game. Double check that you are keeping it active while mapping

I have a general question. I noticed you checked off Consecrated Ground in the config. Where are you getting that in your build? I don't see a bottled faith or any type of Sulphur flask being used..

Thanks for the feedback. The consecrated ground was a mistake, although it doesnt effect my dps too much. dont have a bottled faith yet!

Regarding fortify I dont actually have any sources of it. Is this something I should rework? I'll work on getting chaos res and ailment immunity though as a start!
"
hfboogie wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. The consecrated ground was a mistake, although it doesnt effect my dps too much. dont have a bottled faith yet!

Regarding fortify I dont actually have any sources of it. Is this something I should rework? I'll work on getting chaos res and ailment immunity though as a start!

1) Right! No effect on DPS but it was effecting your life regen stats.

2) In the build guide, Fortify comes from Vigilant Strike-Ancestral Call combo. I mistakenly thought you had this in your set up but you don't so you are missing Fortify. You will have to trade something to squeeze this in (maybe Clarity if you can sustain your mana)
"
hfboogie wrote:

with phys taken as ligthing your constantly shocked if not immune. but looking at your gear i see no real reason why you cant do high tier content,just adjust your playstyle to your tier of gear. whats your hp? the recovery from block scales with it, going soultether combo having 10% life as extra es on chest is propperly stronger.
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
"
hfboogie wrote:

with phys taken as ligthing your constantly shocked if not immune. but looking at your gear i see no real reason why you cant do high tier content,just adjust your playstyle to your tier of gear. whats your hp? the recovery from block scales with it, going soultether combo having 10% life as extra es on chest is propperly stronger.

Thanks for the response! So I can do high tier content - AL8 is no issue, the hidden no issue, etc.

The problem is I still rip in a lot of situations, and was hoping to be able to push this to 100. I'm 95 and will run a T16 betrayal and die 3 times to encounters if the wrong map mods are on.

HP i think is low, I have like 6100. Will also work on the shock immunity and look at ES boosting tactics because of soultether. I see a lot of the top players running just soul tether or just GV xibaqua and no soul tether - that trips me out a bit but perhaps its a function of me having uncapped chaos res?
Pushed the character to 97, did all bosses. One thing I just want to say. Dash>>>>>>>>Flame Dash. That is all
Hi, I just started to use your build 'cause it looked really strong both in tankiness and DPS.
I respec a lvl. 80 marauder that I had in this league and I immediately get this build potential.
Since you have written a lot of tips in crafting min-maxed gear, I will try to follow them, despite ignoring A LOT of things in crafting stuff.
I started with the void sceptre (probably one of the hardest pieces xD) and I've encountered a lot of doubts trying to figure out which steps you were indicating in the guide.

Let's start with the specific initial doubt: I bought a Warlord iLvl 84+ Void Sceptre and got a T1 "adds # to # fire damage to spells" through some alterations. You have written that I should aim to T1 fire damage (prefix) but it's really hard to get it. Where should I "stop" before I start crafting? My current affix is good enough? Which alternatives is good beside T1 fire damage prefix? After that, my next step is to block attack affixes through plaguemaw craft, augment 2 times phys through Harvest craft (so I get +1 on physical spell skills + phys to fire converting) and then block prefixes, right?
Thanks in advance for the tips.

Again, great build!
hello,

how mutch ex i need for decent gear? Build looks good, wanna switch to them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info