3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

"
ssMETALURGss wrote:
"
kiadaw wrote:
Just cuiorius. Is the Rumi flash not a good one to use since on top of flat +3000 Armor, you get also massive spell 6 attack block which procs the recover %life on block more often?

with correct gear and tree u're 75/75 block so rumi is just a 3k armour flask

Thanks for the info.
I have some questions about moving from endgame into "late" endgame and on increasing survivability/damage. I'm doing something wrong either through gear, gems, or playstyle. Three days ago I swapped from Steelskin to Immortal Call -- that was a huge improvement in day-to-day deaths! But I find that when legion farming (eg New Vastir atlas bonuses) that the sergeants will jump on me and one-shot me (survivability probs) and that it takes too long to kill the generals such that I can only reliably kill one during the monolith timer (damage, and mobility to get to them?). PS I'm running at T19 down there, so it's definitely pushing the limits of the character.

Am I missing any defensive bonuses? This is SC obv, and it sems that the sceptre/vigilant strike combo isn't popular.

Gearwise:
I'm looking into sceptre if only to reduce my int requirements
I'm a few days away from ailment immunity (working on the helmet now)
Wand can be optimized
Necklace needs harvest crafting to finish / Would it be better to spend resources on a +1/+1 necklace?
Chest I bought a long time ago but prices have come way down on explode; can upgrade that for resists/life as ES

I have 60 ex to play with - how can I fix the character?

https://pastebin.com/nWh4M0SG

I tried to aug with phys this one more time and it said it couldnt? Am I missing something for the phys damage reduction?
"
I have some questions about moving from endgame into "late" endgame and on increasing survivability/damage. I'm doing something wrong either through gear, gems, or playstyle. Three days ago I swapped from Steelskin to Immortal Call -- that was a huge improvement in day-to-day deaths! But I find that when legion farming (eg New Vastir atlas bonuses) that the sergeants will jump on me and one-shot me (survivability probs) and that it takes too long to kill the generals such that I can only reliably kill one during the monolith timer (damage, and mobility to get to them?). PS I'm running at T19 down there, so it's definitely pushing the limits of the character.

Am I missing any defensive bonuses? This is SC obv, and it sems that the sceptre/vigilant strike combo isn't popular.

Gearwise:
Wand can be optimized
Necklace needs harvest crafting to finish / Would it be better to spend resources on a +1/+1 necklace?
Chest I bought a long time ago but prices have come way down on explode; can upgrade that for resists/life as ES

Damage-wise you need awakened spell cascade for single target and more %phys gained as fire on gear for both single target and legion/map clear to scale your chest explosions.

Survivability - you need a better large cluster to cap block, missing a lot of life on gear (PoB shows you only have 6k life. Just as an example - i have 8.5), and ailment immunity is huge as well.

"
Nipels wrote:

I tried to aug with phys this one more time and it said it couldnt? Am I missing something for the phys damage reduction?

Mod tags has changed and phys damage reduction no longer has any tags so it's working as intended.
How should I finish it?
can you explain why you are not using doryanis vanity that gives energy shield? i got 2k es as free of that jewel. I dont see any downsides not using it, for bosses use tether belt, mapping use any belt + explode chest with frenzy and energy shield on kill
"
ssMETALURGss wrote:
"

Gearwise:
Wand can be optimized

Damage-wise you need awakened spell cascade for single target and more %phys gained as fire on gear for both single target and legion/map clear to scale your chest explosions.

Survivability - you need a better large cluster to cap block, missing a lot of life on gear (PoB shows you only have 6k life. Just as an example - i have 8.5), and ailment immunity is huge as well.

"
Nipels wrote:

Mod tags has changed and phys damage reduction no longer has any tags so it's working as intended.

How should I finish this? Should I augment caster for cast speed than add aspect of the spider?
First, thanks for the response! I had a mistake in my POB where my cluster jewel notable wasn't selected. I am running conjured wall/mage hunter which puts my block at 68/75. I see you are only running essence rush in addition which has nothing to do with block, so I assume I'm good there. How else are you maxing block?

Ah, awakened spell cascade. It's favored in this thread, but others (incl Ziz) recommend a 1/0 non-awakened gem. I had an awakened, traded it out, and didn't notice any big difference, so I've just been running without.

Re:life, I'll shoot for more and I think the last couple levels will get me more points to invest. I'm running inspired learning for +30% damage, +30% AOE on herald, +20% area damage at a cost of 2 net talent points.

Thanks again!
"

Gearwise:
Wand can be optimized

if you read about the layers of defence in original post, armor is not to be neglected. with so much reduction and convertion, even 5k base armor+ granit gives a huge endgame reduction since the flat damage ratio absorbed by armor singificantly increase when you redude the base hit by even small numbers. ofc running+ soultether + gloriusvanity makes flat es on gear a equiv way of scaling surv. imo just getting a granit flask might be a strong option.

further more the es recovery rate on your chest does nothing for the es substain from soultether leech, and general working on getting better hp on items, will boost your es and life+ your total recovery pr sec(regen, leech block)
Last edited by DUKE_OF_SNUFF on Feb 2, 2021, 11:05:22 AM
Been working on a little something since yesterday, here is a sneak peak:

originally i wanted to keep adding/remove influence mod for prefix to try for +1 frenzy charge but it's 150 weight chance to roll it so i just settled for t1 spell damage and t1 life.

for the last prefix i might just do life/es hybrid i guess
Last edited by BuDiu on Feb 2, 2021, 11:26:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info