3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

I'm curious, why no Unwavering Stance? isn't getting stunned a problem later in the game?
Last edited by nefczi on Oct 9, 2020, 10:25:08 AM
"
nefczi wrote:
I'm curious, why no Unwavering Stance? isn't getting stunned a problem later in the game?

not when you got 9k hp.
Why the ancestral call on vigilant strike? It doesn't seem to add anything meaningful to the skill.
How much impact does cast speed have ? I have some potential upgrades that give me bigger average hit in PoB, but less cast speed, so according to PoB it is less DPS. I'm not sure if it works this way in practice.
"
Xevus77 wrote:
How much impact does cast speed have ? I have some potential upgrades that give me bigger average hit in PoB, but less cast speed, so according to PoB it is less DPS. I'm not sure if it works this way in practice.

not really work that way. you want cast speed enough to not make it feel clunky. since pob calculate that you spam bladeblast at max castspeed, with max blades possible. also its not possible to substain the mana. what you usually do is. cast bladefall click bladeblast. move a fraction. repeat. why if lets say you deal 40 mill damage in pob with 40 blades the real damage is maby like 10-15 mill(this number is just imaginary number, but something in that direction)
Last edited by DUKE_OF_SNUFF on Oct 13, 2020, 2:02:10 AM
Thanks. What you described is exactly how i play this build. That notion about "cast speed to not fell clunky" is one of reasons i still use emberwake. 30% fire damage also don't really hurt, it's hard to find a ring with better dps stats.

Any suggestions for gear improvement besides helmet with conc effect or 6l body ? Market is really bad for decent gear at non-insane prices, and I hate spending an hour in trade interface finding that decent piece only to end up with a guy who doesn't answer :( I'd rather me running content in that time instead. I still feel squishy at 6.1k life, so I'm not ready to buy 6L that will give me less life than belly.

Last edited by Xevus77 on Oct 13, 2020, 4:48:16 AM
"
Xevus77 wrote:
Thanks. What you described is exactly how i play this build. That notion about "cast speed to not fell clunky" is one of reasons i still use emberwake. 30% fire damage also don't really hurt, it's hard to find a ring with better dps stats.

Any suggestions for gear improvement besides helmet with conc effect or 6l body ? Market is really bad for decent gear at non-insane prices, and I hate spending an hour in trade interface finding that decent piece only to end up with a guy who doesn't answer :( I'd rather me running content in that time instead. I still feel squishy at 6.1k life, so I'm not ready to buy 6L that will give me less life than belly.

drop the entire cluster with fire over witch. half of it does nothing for you and you waist 2 points traveling there. get 2 rings better. the fire damage of ember wake is marginaly vs what you can get from hp+ res + dex on rings. and invest the points into a large cluster + 2 normal jewels. also there is a small/medium jewel that gives like 4 to attack and spell block.
Loving the build so far. Why is vigilant strike linked with ancestral call? It doesn't seem to add anything meaningful to the skill aside from some attack speed from the quality.
"
chaman26 wrote:
Loving the build so far. Why is vigilant strike linked with ancestral call? It doesn't seem to add anything meaningful to the skill aside from some attack speed from the quality.

its very hard to hit with it without
Do you mean large cluster with 10% spell damage enchant and Conjured Wall/Mage Hunter combo ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info