3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

"
Xevus77 wrote:
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
"
Xevus77 wrote:
Maybe i missed it, but is there a "model" PoB updated for 3.12 ? The one in first post isn't

is there any difference? i havent checked? cant you load the 3.11 tree?

The tree is ok. It is gear that i have problem with. I'm now running Armagedon Brand, which turned out pretty bad :( Wanted to respec into Bbladeblast, and then I realised i need way more dex than i currently have. Having inaccurate gear list is very confusing for me - I'm a new player that is still learning, and gearing the build is the most complex thing for me. There are so many variables. And I'm afraid to spend money on gear only to realise I now miss resists or stats.

you cant really go wrong with gear imo, any strong generic gear will work well, and be easy resellable. thats one of the strengths of the build it dont need any ggg or specific items to be solid. ofc there is a step up to the 100% minmaxed version i made in hc last league. but also take into the perspective the amount of time and currency i invested into it.
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:

you cant really go wrong with gear imo, any strong generic gear will work well, and be easy resellable. thats one of the strengths of the build it dont need any ggg or specific items to be solid. ofc there is a step up to the 100% minmaxed version i made in hc last league. but also take into the perspective the amount of time and currency i invested into it.

I'm really sorry if this is asking too much, but can you briefly outline sample gear for let's say 100c budget ? Also, can i try a "preview" of this building using my current gear, especially 5L seating touch and 5l belly ? Just to feel the play rhythm, and whenever i like two button playstyle.
"
Xevus77 wrote:
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:

I'm really sorry if this is asking too much, but can you briefly outline sample gear for let's say 100c budget ? Also, can i try a "preview" of this building using my current gear, especially 5L seating touch and 5l belly ? Just to feel the play rhythm, and whenever i like two button playstyle.

your gearsetup sux for this build, this got nothing to do with ignite, its direct damage. the build dont work unless you change your pantheon the 50% conversion is vital. also your tree is fucked up, for this build. the amount of links dont matter that much on bladeblast. the damage scaling is from spell damage, fire damage, phys damage, elemental damage. you also miss key note avartar of fire. also the survival part about the build, is block and ailment immunity( there is alot of damage in the annoint, recovery shield. call to arms keystone aswell. also your version of the build have to little hp notes. what makes the build strong is combining the massive damage potential of chief with a phys conversion to fire spell. along side the recovery and defences. this type of defence works only with decent high hp pool. i can only say testing the build with your current tree and gear is like watching a movie blindfolded. regrets are not worth much. i would say get a decent scepter(propperly 10-20 c) a recovery shield and respec and your good to go. belly is a fine option. but i would pref a semi shit 6l. since the amount of HP% on the tree is pretty high. and emberwake does nothing for the build.
Thanks. Respecing isn't an issue, got tons of regrets.
Hi, I just finished Act 10 and very happy with the leveling and build so far.
Now am going through the crafting tips and I just dont understand until certain point. I am a noob crafting and I know the basics. Just not getting this>>>>

the ideal base would start with explody mod. this is however super rare, so i suggest the following
to force on the explody mod, you need to have your surfixes blocked. so i suggest, roling 2 or 3 desired surfixes, that can be done with chaos or alt+ regal(+bench craft) now it does not matter if you have a phys prefix like phys reflect or the phys taken as lighting damage. now you simply need to augment phys mod, until you have all 3 prefixes, the explody mod is forced to come on since there is only 3 mods. now you remove a phys(and add if failed) until the reflect is removed. you can then add life. if you have lighting resist, switch it to another resist. you can now add/remove phys as lighting until t1. so now you can try to rerole the life to a tier one or 2.

>>>>>>

I understand having suffixes blocked by doing alterations until you get 2 + 1 mod if augmented and all come as suffixes or even craft so I can have 3 suffixes. If I chaos as it says it will go to rare and I must scour I guess and repeat until I get 3 suffixes right?

Now it says that I need to orb of augmentation until I receive all 3 prefixes. I dont get this. Orb of augmentation adds a random modifier on a MAGIC item not rare, does he mean annulment? I just dont even know where or how to start this.

I know many of you think this is easy, but for someone who hasn't played with expensive crafting before, it is not! Hopefuly someone can steer me into the right direction with some tips or a youtube video of something similar.

Every time I look at a piece item on this build on trade its like minium of 20ex lol.

Any advice at this point would be very welcomed!

PS: should I buy a 6 link magic crusader chest first?! some steps would be much appreciated

"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
i would say get a decent scepter(propperly 10-20 c) a recovery shield and respec and your good to go. belly is a fine option. but i would pref a semi shit 6l. since the amount of HP% on the tree is pretty high. and emberwake does nothing for the build.

I've briefly browsed trade yesterday, and it's kinda sad how there really isn't anything close to your scepter and shield from Harvest. There is literally ONE item with +1 phys gems, decent spell damage and flat fire. Zero shields with recover on block and T1 spell damage.

I've respecced and tried it with my shit gear, looks pretty decent. Will gear up today.
"
Ch3ck wrote:
Hi, I just finished Act 10 and very happy with the leveling and build so far.
Now am going through the crafting tips and I just dont understand until certain point. I am a noob crafting and I know the basics. Just not getting this>>>>

the ideal base would start with explody mod. this is however super rare, so i suggest the following
to force on the explody mod, you need to have your surfixes blocked. so i suggest, roling 2 or 3 desired surfixes, that can be done with chaos or alt+ regal(+bench craft) now it does not matter if you have a phys prefix like phys reflect or the phys taken as lighting damage. now you simply need to augment phys mod, until you have all 3 prefixes, the explody mod is forced to come on since there is only 3 mods. now you remove a phys(and add if failed) until the reflect is removed. you can then add life. if you have lighting resist, switch it to another resist. you can now add/remove phys as lighting until t1. so now you can try to rerole the life to a tier one or 2.

>>>>>>

I understand having suffixes blocked by doing alterations until you get 2 + 1 mod if augmented and all come as suffixes or even craft so I can have 3 suffixes. If I chaos as it says it will go to rare and I must scour I guess and repeat until I get 3 suffixes right?

Now it says that I need to orb of augmentation until I receive all 3 prefixes. I dont get this. Orb of augmentation adds a random modifier on a MAGIC item not rare, does he mean annulment? I just dont even know where or how to start this.

I know many of you think this is easy, but for someone who hasn't played with expensive crafting before, it is not! Hopefuly someone can steer me into the right direction with some tips or a youtube video of something similar.

Every time I look at a piece item on this build on trade its like minium of 20ex lol.

Any advice at this point would be very welcomed!

PS: should I buy a 6 link magic crusader chest first?! some steps would be much appreciated

if you read the top of the thread it states that 4 things have affeceted the build. glancing blow, divine flesh, enduring cry, and the removal of harvest crafting. all the crafting guides showcased is based on harvest. the gear everyone had acces to in harvest for almost free, is now mirror tier. however the gear required to destroy all content with one hand on mouse one hand on cock, is way less then my tryhard min-max Epenis showcased.
"
Xevus77 wrote:
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
i would say get a decent scepter(propperly 10-20 c) a recovery shield and respec and your good to go. belly is a fine option. but i would pref a semi shit 6l. since the amount of HP% on the tree is pretty high. and emberwake does nothing for the build.

I've briefly browsed trade yesterday, and it's kinda sad how there really isn't anything close to your scepter and shield from Harvest. There is literally ONE item with +1 phys gems, decent spell damage and flat fire. Zero shields with recover on block and T1 spell damage.

I've respecced and tried it with my shit gear, looks pretty decent. Will gear up today.

and so what. i played with a ton shit items up til lvl 96 and did fine in HC doing all content. for example my scepter had 70% fire damage, 25-60 fire damage to spells and 10 castspeed (or something like that) for the major of my playthrue.
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:

and so what. i played with a ton shit items up til lvl 96 and did fine in HC doing all content. for example my scepter had 70% fire damage, 25-60 fire damage to spells and 10 castspeed (or something like that) for the major of my playthrue.

That wasn't aimed at you at all. Just a general rant of state of craft-gambling :)

Question about gem links for Bladeblast - why don't we use concentrated effect ? In PoB this is the biggest damage gem i can see outside of awakened gems.
"
Xevus77 wrote:
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:

That wasn't aimed at you at all. Just a general rant of state of craft-gambling :)

Question about gem links for Bladeblast - why don't we use concentrated effect ? In PoB this is the biggest damage gem i can see outside of awakened gems.

since it reduces the overlab and there by reduces the "shotgunning" effect why INC aoe/ intensify is a damage multiplyer. in general for single target damage the relationship between bladefall aoe /bladeblast aoe= more damage multipyer not an exact formula but more a way of thinking
Last edited by DUKE_OF_SNUFF on Oct 9, 2020, 8:45:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info