Bloom Issues Master Thread

After this Bloom patch my game performances has been atrocious and unplayable. I had a smooth 35 FPS at peak VD count before. Now? Unplayable.

I constantly go to 1 FPS and the game freezes for a few seconds, especially when Delirium or Legion happens or if I spawn a harvest boss.

It can't be my PC, I am playing other games as well with much better graphics than PoE without any issues. I also have everything on low in PoE.

I changed servers 3 times in hopes that maybe it's server related, but nope.

I am now pretty much either forced to reroll or stop playing.
Honestly when Vulkan was introduced the game never dropped below 20-30 fps even at it's peak cluster of mobs, mods. Now it feels worse than it did on Dx11.
"
After this Bloom patch my game performances has been atrocious and unplayable. I had a smooth 35 FPS at peak VD count before. Now? Unplayable.
Try deleting the one or 2 shader cache folders in the games installation.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Well, still no change. I decided to uninstall the game and move on. I am not going to play a game that hurts my eyes and gives me headaches. Nice going GGG. I've been around since day 1. Sad, all because of a single setting that can be removed like every other game out there. Was fun while it lasted.
There are WAY too many spells/effects that are too too bright when used. I'm currently leveling a duelist and randomly started using sweep and every time I use the skill...an incredibly bright flash happens every time. There are countless skills that do this. Super annoying. Would be nice to have an option to to not allow skills to produce such incredibly bright effects every time they're used.

Caustic Arrow
Freezing Pulse
Pestilence strike (the poison chain)
Wave of Conviction

Just to name a few are the above that are just supper annoying to play with because of the bright effect they produce. There are countless more.
"
IQof3 wrote:
Well, still no change. I decided to uninstall the game and move on. I am not going to play a game that hurts my eyes and gives me headaches. Nice going GGG. I've been around since day 1. Sad, all because of a single setting that can be removed like every other game out there. Was fun while it lasted.

SERIOUSLY I would almost say the majority of skills now produce very bright flashes every time they're used. It's starting to make the game unplayable for sure.
I still see bloom in the preview for the new league. Guess I wont be back. sad. I really was hoping to play this league.
I just lost a high investment map after a crash caused by the bloom effect. You should NEVER force graphic options onto the player nor should you default it to a high value.

5 portals into oblivion. Cool.
So it turns out fractured maps can also have an issue which to me looks like bloom.

So yeah, I don't really know how posting images here works but this is the best I can do.

I already made a post about it on reddit just to see whether me and my friend where the only ones with issues but it turns out that's not the case (I use vulkan and he uses DX11 btw). It seems fractured vaal temple maps and fractured elder guardian maps all have this issue. Something I also noticed what that the "fractured effect" on maps didn't align properly (it seems slightly displaced to the left bottom corner).

Like I said it appears it's not just me but I'll list my specs anyways because it's still a graphical bug:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Windows 10 up to date
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Patriot Viper 4 PV416G373C7K (RAM)
bug report reference numbers are 534,708,281 and 1,904,383,634.

bug happens when i fight some mob that create some lightning field thing..

https://imgur.com/a/jji4siK
Last edited by fi3ryicy on Sep 14, 2020, 11:04:18 AM
Well, I see bloom is still there and no way to disable it. I wont be downloading this league. wtg GGG. You just lost another veteran player since beta. Uninstalling this game on all my devices.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info